DTDC Courier & Cargo Ltd. / Loss of material by agent

1 India Review updated:

I sent one parcel from Mohali(Punjab) for Kolkata on 13/10/2007 which contained following materials:-
1) Readymade Shirt - 1pc.
2) Trouser Length - 1pc.
3) Saree - 1pc.

These were meant for Gift on the occassion of Durga Puja which started from 18/10/2007. This consignment was booked from Mohali Phase 9.

The consignment weighed 1 Kg 400 Gms. and I was charged Rs. 200 for that.

I sent a general declaration with the consignment describing all the items.

The consignment reached the destined address on 22/10/2007 and the consignee received the packet and opened it to find the Saree missing. The consignment didn't have any declaration attached to it.
Likewise I have filed a written complaint with the agent where I had booked the consignment and after that I had complained at the official site of DTDC and my complaint number was FDB 0003159. My docket number against which I booked the consignment is z59025528.

Against the complaint I received the ollowing feedback without any indication of any solution against the loss incurred by me. I want to know what action can be taken by me as a consumer against such incidences.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find enclosed the delivery status of your consignment.

DELIVERY INFORMATION

Yours faithfully,
for DTDC Courier & Cargo Ltd.,

Vinutha
Executive Customer Support

Comments

• Br
      28th of Apr, 2008

A pakage was booked on 22nd april from delhi and it was suppose to reach kolkata on 22th april(DTDC CN No. Z67689747 ). It is suppose to be a very important package for my company and was delivered in urgency.
    Its really a dilima that a company like DTDC has employed horrible people to fullfill there job. The package is lying in the Kolkata lake view office (177/1, S.P. MUKHERJEE ROAD, , CALCUTTA), but people are not even bothered to give it to me even though i went upto that place twice.

I have suffered my share of lose by choosing your service and i am sure that you will also suffer your share if you continue to diliver the same service.