Having problems with DTDC Express?

1866 383 6606 (United States)
1855 397 3832 (Canada)
+1 212 268 2727 (New York, USA)
+1 718 995 2605 (Jamaica, NY, USA)
+1 732 549 3664 (Edison, NJ, USA)
+44 203 411 7333 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 065 8775 (Australia)
+880 28 817 884 (Bangladesh)
+880 29 888 221 (Bangladesh)
+852 37 026 376 (Hong Kong)
+92 213 890 0800 (Pakistan)
+65 62 948 098 (Singapore)
+94 115 308 444 (Sri Lanka)
DTDC House, № 3, Victoria Road
  • East Ham FR, Unit H, 283 High Street, North London- E12 6SL
Australia
Unit 9 / 10 Ferngrove Place, Chester Hill, NSW 2162

Bangladesh
  • Taj Cassilina (5th Floor), 25 Gulshan Avenue Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212 Fax: +880 28 831 210
  • 18, Kemal Ataturk Avenue Banani C/A, Dhaka-1213

Kenya
  • G-20, Lunga Lunga Square, Lunga Lunga Road, Industrial Area, Nairobi, Kenya
  • 17, Basement, Diamond Plaza, Parklands, Nairobi, Kenya
  • Uni Plaza, Moi Avenue, 5th Floor, P.O.Box – 8416- 80100, Mombasa, Kenya
  • Ellys Plaza, Office № B14, 2nd Floor, Opp I & M Bank, Oginga Odinga Road, Kisumu, Kenya
Nepal
Airport Road, Sinamangal - 09, Kathmandu Nepal

Pakistan
17-E, Rashid Minhas Street, Block 6, P.E.C.H.S, Shahra-e-Faisal, Karachi, Pakistan
Fax: +92 213 454 5900

Singapore
32, Sam Leong Road, Singapore - 207922

Sri Lanka
316, K. Cyril C. Perera Mawatha, Colombo 13, Sri Lanka

UAE
  • P.O. Box 118519, Salahuddin Street, Deira, Dubai, UAE
  • P.O.Box 118519, Al Souq Al Kabeer, Behind Emirates Bank of Dubai, Shop № 3, Ground Floor, Al Fahidi Street (Bur Dubai)
  • P.O. Box 45241, Al Nahyan Building, Shop № 5 Ground Floor, Al Najda Street, Near Nissan Showroom, Opp. Rafco Building, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Complaints & Reviews

content missing

Dear sir,
My relatives booked a courier through dtdc from vijayawada, andhra pradesh on 28-aug-2009 with the courier no-h63195792 to nandikotkur, kurnool dist, andhra pradesh. It contains a watch, personal letter and a passport photo. The courier reached me at nandikotkur on 31-aug-2009 only with the watch but the letter and passport photo found missing. The cover has the indications that it was opened before delivery. I enquired at kurnool dtdc head office and I came to know that they received the cover from vijayawada with a difference of 100 grams. I contacted the dtdc office, ramamandiram branch - vijayawada where the courier was booked. But I received a very irresponsible and undecent response from the concerned responsible person named manjula. Feeling that I can not get proper response I approached the dtdc website and decided to bring the complaint to your notice. Since the missing contents are very personal pleaseeeeee act immediately and see that the missing contents will be back to me as early as possible so that there will not be any chance for their misuse. Hope dtdc courier will be always at the service of customers.

From
Vinay sreekanth. Y
Teritory production manager,
Sil - seeds.
Ph:[protected]

a sheer casing of cheating consumers by delay in delivery, unreliable service & over charging

They have charged me rs. 80 / and I being a consumer has agreed to pay that price coz of the urgency involved in delivery of document (medical related document). But unfortunately, there is a breach of contract from dtdc's side. While I call the number am told that courier goes to bangalore from mumbai and then to mangalore... Which itself was a very hilarious reply... A sensible logistics company would never work backwards in terms of their route.

I beleive that dtdc is robbing millions of consumers in the mane of courier by charging rs. 80/- and giving a delivery that is far worst than a normal postal service. As you all know that my document if sent by an unregistered post would have only cost 20/- (for that size) and would have reached mangalore within 5 days.

Hence, this is a sheer case of cheating & money making racket by dtdc courier& cargo limited. I would hence ask consumers to be beware of such companies and stop using such company services in future. I now need a complete refund of my money.

• Cr
    C. Rodrigues Jul 27, 2009

I had booked my courier thru' a booking centre of DTDC called Mukta Enterrises (MF844), Thane which has contact no. 932241812 on 20TH JULY, 2009 PAYING RS. 80/- to Mangalore (bearing a Consignment No.M43879793). But till date (i.e 27th July, 2009) my courier hasn't reached the destination..i.e. Mangalore and I have not been getting any proper response from DTDC's Mukta Enterprises.

non delivery!

Dtdc offers pathetic service. This courier service is run through a set of franchisees in different location...

non delivery of the courier

I want to draw your attention towards the inefficiency of dtdc organisation for not delivering the courier on time.

My friend has send the courier on 23 nov 2007 from chandigargh sector 44 office but am afraid to say that still I have not got the coourier yet. Its has mba form in it whose last date is 28-nov 2007 also I donno when I will recieve and fill the form.

I am not sure whose mistake it is whether it is irresponsibilty of the chandigarh or pune staff. They keep blaiming each other.

irresponsibility

Hi,

I had huge problem with dtdc. I sent application forms using the service on september-mid. But as I could not get any confirmation letter from the institution, I sent a mail to inquire. They told me that they never got the application forms. So I went to the dtdc office in gk-ii delhi and finally found my 2 applications. However, I would like to highlight that they did not inform me and also the person there was so rude. She refused to look for the second letter saying "I am not your servant". Finally, I had to look for it myself after begin subjected to needless criticism.

• Ud
    UDAY YENURKAR Mar 20, 2008

What is this? There are so many complaints against your company. I am also one of them because I also not received my packet yet. Which was dispatched on 15th March 2008 and today is 20th March 2008. Consignement No. is B-43320996. Where is my packet I don't know because there is no response from your side. You must shutdown your Courier Service.

never send any important document through dtdc!

Dtdc scans each and every letter especially cheques and dd. The persons employed sees the name on the same and locate person with the same name and encash the same with the bank where they have a tie up. I have faced this problem i. E in the month of oct.2006. My consignment no is l87476361. From the gm to the local office I have called every one. I have physically gone to madras to check the same but in vain. Mr. Suresh (gm) has told me he will make the company pay the same but all in words..

My request to all never send any important document through dtdc they even sell your certificate to the person working in gulf.

loss of material by agent

I sent one parcel from mohali (punjab) for kolkata on 13/10/2007 which contained following materials:-
1) readymade shirt - 1pc.
2) trouser length - 1pc.
3) saree - 1pc.

These were meant for gift on the occassion of durga puja which started from 18/10/2007. This consignment was booked from mohali phase 9.

The consignment weighed 1 kg 400 gms. And I was charged rs. 200 for that.

I sent a general declaration with the consignment describing all the items.

The consignment reached the destined address on 22/10/2007 and the consignee received the packet and opened it to find the saree missing. The consignment didn't have any declaration attached to it.
Likewise I have filed a written complaint with the agent where I had booked the consignment and after that I had complained at the official site of dtdc and my complaint number was fdb 0003159. My docket number against which I booked the consignment is z59025528.

Against the complaint I received the ollowing feedback without any indication of any solution against the loss incurred by me. I want to know what action can be taken by me as a consumer against such incidences.

Dear sir/madam,

Please find enclosed the delivery status of your consignment.

Delivery information

Vinutha
Executive customer support

• Br
    Brijesh Singh Apr 28, 2008

A pakage was booked on 22nd april from delhi and it was suppose to reach kolkata on 22th april(DTDC CN No. Z67689747 ). It is suppose to be a very important package for my company and was delivered in urgency.
    Its really a dilima that a company like DTDC has employed horrible people to fullfill there job. The package is lying in the Kolkata lake view office (177/1, S.P. MUKHERJEE ROAD, , CALCUTTA), but people are not even bothered to give it to me even though i went upto that place twice.

I have suffered my share of lose by choosing your service and i am sure that you will also suffer your share if you continue to diliver the same service.

most pathetic services

They have the most pathetic courier services I ever come across, now I would prefer to send my mails thru...

cheating and no response on complaint registering

Please note that the consignment no. H42317398 has not yet been delivered to me. But however your website shows that this material has been delivered on 4th itself to some raja laxmi. Please note there is nobody by this name in our office and neither your jamshedpur office confirms the delivery. The on the contrary have said that this material is not yet received by them. Moreover the customer support system at jamshedpur branch is absolutely ridiculous. Even the branch manager seems to be quiet short tempered and doesn’t have any decency to talk to customers. Last time also there was a problem from the branch end and we wanted to complain to higher authorities and he personally called up to apologize and requested me to not to complain to his higher up… and this is a repetition.

• Ar
    aruna.a.b Oct 18, 2007

Hi,

I had sent a parcel having a gift containing a "titan fastarck wrist watch" and a "creative mp3 player" on 15th evening from my company through DTDC courier service to my friend who is at west Bengal.

The total value of this parcel is around Rs.4000/- the parcel definitely reached my friend but all empty... The cover was all there but all the valuable items inside that was found missing.
    what is happening??? How can one trust your courier service and send valuable items?

the docket no is B39939198 .

• Ki
    Kingshuk Roy May 21, 2008

i m waiting fro a parsel from kolkata here in valsad it was despached on 12 /05/08 but till today i have not recieved it wht happned to it . and why so late

• Ni
    Niyati Kalia Nov 20, 2008

i had send a card and some jwellery products of light weight, worth 200Rs, within th card. Bt to my surprise the card has only been delivered without the items. The envelope was sealed nicely even in the recieved condition. Dated: 14th nov 2008, from vallabh vidhyanagar to gwalior. Is their any solution to such a illmannered thing??????

• Ru
    Rudra Apr 13, 2009

Cheating and no proper action on complaint registering

I had posted a parcel at Duliajan, Assam for Gandhinagar, Gujarat (No. K32377272) BY DTDC Courier on 5th March 2009. Till date it has not reached at its destination. I repeatedly enquired to concerned authority at Assam and at Gandhinagar/Ahmedabad. However, they told that they have delivered to some security personnel of Institute of Seismological Research, Gandhinagar.

My question is how and why they have delivered it to some unknowen person, while the phone/mobile no of the probable receiver is clearly mentioned over the persel itself. The person who claimed to had deliverd is totally irresponsible in this regard. No action has been taken on this regard. It is utter nonsense. I'll only aggree on the issue of delivering a percel when I'll receive the thing by hand. Isn't it!! Why should I get suffer and keep on contacting here and there???? I strongly complain on this matter. It is soley the courier's responsiblity to find out the percel. The courier person should sort out the matter immidiately. DTDC has been found as totally irresponsible courier company in this regard. Nobody should use this irresponsible courier.

• Am
    amit0098 Jul 13, 2009

Dehradun DTDC is thief they stole my Courier package and said they didnt ..

• Am
    amit0098 Jul 13, 2009

Donot use Dehradun DTDC .there service is pathetic and they stole my package.

fraud and cheating!

I have a bad experience with dtdc couriers. When I send a parcel through dtdc (a toy car, cd and chocolate...

poor service!

I have booked a courier on 11 august, from noida to taraori in distt karnal, haryana. The booking no. Is z55174336.. I was told that the service is available there.. But when it was not delivered for 1 week then I inquired about it... And then I was told that the destination is in non serviceable area. I said then return me my packet back... On that they said that you will have to pick it up by yourself, we will not send it to you... And that was difficult for me... Then I said that deliver it to the most nearest serviceable area which is karnal and give a call on the number written on it. It will be picked up... They dint do this either... And now its been more than 15 days but they are not able to give me any satisfactory answer... I am sick of calling then and inquiring about the packet...

This is the first time I am facing problem like this, and its all because I chose dtdc... Its the worst service I have ever seen... I don't know whether the courier will ever reach its destination or I ll get it back.

• Ra
    Rajeesh V.S Feb 25, 2008

I am also having some problem with DTDC..

I send one consignment from mumbai to kerala on 13th feb 2008
    that didn't reach yet(24-2-2008).. so My dear frnds Plz avoid DTDC.

• Rg
    rgd Aug 27, 2012

Thane, DTDC (Mr. Sunnyket) is the most horrible Courier Service provider in the Mumbai/Thane area. The staff advises you wrongly all the time to deliver the packet urgently. They force the customer to take advise from them and charge you more for unnecessary.

courier undelivery

My complain against consignment no. P06573729. This courier is booked from osmanabad (mh) at 25/06/06. By...

damaged goods!

In 2004 december I shifted from manali in himachal pradesh to maharashtra ahmednagar. I had sent all my utensils and other household things by dtdc courier. The dtdc courier from himachal to ahmednagar damaged almost 60 % of the utensils and goods.

If you are in a remote place don't send any goods by this courier in india. After complaints to their office they refused to take up any risk of responding.

Maheshkumar007 Feb 25, 2019

They didn't give my product...delay ..online its show already reached destination..but they saying its not coming here..missing ..they saying it will come tomorrow..they saying same thing from 15 th feb...not responding...

• Di
    Dipasree Saha Apr 16, 2019

I have ordered 2 Sarees dated 22.3.2019..
    My consignment no. Is
    K18227109
    I have not received any item yet.
    But while tracking it's been delivered as shown...I already paid for the item ...
    Kindly do the needful ...
    Mandira Banerjee
    Ukilpara Baruipur
    Kolkata 700144
    Ph...9836728562

• Me
    Melton Ponveli Apr 30, 2019

provide good service.am many item sending and receiving from dtdc.but ernakulam area very poor service and office persons are lazy and not picking call also

• Yo
    yogesh deshwal Aug 11, 2019

Item not delivered in 4 days too much time taken, not expecting such delay

• Ud
    udhavpalode Dec 03, 2019

Hariom collection, n 2 CIDCO Aurangabad431001, form udhav Palode 9403885801, booking Pune Indapur DTDC service, two box, one piece missing, D55368900 enquiry+917020999055

pathetic service by dtdc

This is my experience with dtdc... Cant predict these courier services nowadays.

To,

The customer service manager
Dtdc.

Subject: about the careless courier service of dtdc.

Sir,

I, the undersigned would like to bring to your kind notice, the negligent service provided by delivery person of dtdc. I am residing in aurangabad, maharashtra. On 12 june 2007, I was handed over a letter by my local colony neighborhood grocery shop owner. This letter (docket no. M28199455) was sent through dtdc courier and the delivery person on 11 june 2007 must have come to deliver the letter and he has very negligently forgotten the letter in the grocery shop, where he must have come for some thing or other as in the grocery shop there is also a pco (coinbox). The dtdc delivery person has very carelessly treated the letter and left it in the grocery shop itself. Today morning somehow the grocery shop owner managed to find my address and delivered the couriered letter to me.

The courier contained important documents, and because of the kind nature of the grocery shop owner I got the couriered letter back, else it would have caused me a lot of trouble. I regret to inform that this type of service on part of dtdc delivery persons is really pathetic, and needs to be addressed immediately.

I request you to kindly improve the quality of your service.

K. Ravishankar.

This is the return email received from dtdc,
Dearsir/madam,

We are in receipt of your mail and noted the contents. We thank you for bringing this to our notice which will help us in our systems. We regret for all the inconveniences caused to you in this regard. We consider this mail of yours as a feedback so that we can improve our systems.

Your's faithfully,
For dtdc courier & cargo ltd.,

Latha
Customer support executive

The courier contained a cheque worth 14000/-. What if the parcel would have been lost, it was many provident fund money and getting reissued a pf cheque is not a cup of tea. I would have been doomed if that grocery shop owner had not given back the letter.

pathetic service!

I had sent a courier from pune on may 31st 2007 and it has not reached kerala till date (june 13th 2007)... Consignment number is p06845351... They do not have a customer service either... Dtdc is the worse courier company I have ever dealt with... Hoping to get my package within this year end at least...

Beware people!

• Su
    Subhash Singh Aug 28, 2007

DTDC Courier has the worst service in this country. I booked a packet on 21st August for MOTIHARI from GURGAON HO. But, still after 7 days the packet is untraceable. When i called up the branch in MOTIHARI,they told me they have snapped ties with DTDC.

Its very pathetic that DTDC HO,have no information about branch closure,just they are interested in making money.They just know how to harass customers by keeping them in dark.

Even their complaint redressal system is horrible. I never expected this type of service from a courier company of such repute.

• Bn
    bnhabitat Aug 22, 2008

its very bad to know that first time i used courier service,

and it is my bad experience

i courier to gurgaon on the address given below, after five days when courier not delivered i contact agencies address sector 11 panchkula

he said you check on internet we dont know more and give me mobile no

1. 0124 4103458
    2. 9818448002

i called on 09818448002 he aid call on 09811161371 he said call on 09310968196 and this person said call on 0124 3928440 which does not exist

then i got another no. he said i am not from dtdc i am from home no. is 09818957249 he give another no. 09910725029 his wifepicked phone and said wo ghar par nhi hai

so now my last will be to the consmer court, help me else i will go to consumer court

kindly deliver my courier in gurgaon sector 46 # 1829 GF

Tracking no. Z74178348, i courier it from panchkula on 19/08/2008 still not deliver, kindly deliver asap,

reciver name mr. rajeev, m :09818188054

BN HABITAT, C-7, First FLOOR, SCO 41-42
    SECTOR 11, PANCHKULA 134113
    HARYANA.

M. A. Wahab Oct 06, 2008

I have sent a sweet box from Hyderebad to my friend in Mumbai on the occation of my festival Ramzaan on 3rd of October 08. It is strange that till now it has not been delivered to the consignee. They do not have any customer care department if we want to know the status. One should have immense patience to qualify the use of DTDC.

my consignment number is H525979920.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices