Drive Financial / Poor service!

My husband and I purchased a truck from Eastern Motors, which Drive Financial was the lender. We are still fighting with them and have been for the last 3 months. The first time we called into Drive Financial was to get a payoff amount because we were re-financing our house. We were given an amount but never told that the amount had to be paid by a certain date and if not paid by that date it would be going up. About a month later our re-fi went through and we were ready to payoff the truck. To be 100% positive of the payoff amount before we sent in a check I called to get the amount again. I was told that the payoff amount was different and this was because we didn't pay it by a certain date! I explained to the rep that we were not told we only had until that date to pay. So instead of getting into an ongoing argument that was going no where I agreed with the amount and proceeded to prepare to have them paid off. The next time we spoke to Drive Financial they called my house saying the truck was going to be repossessed because we were late on the payment. I explained to the representative that I had mailed the check, she proceeded to want the check number. I also explained to her that my family & I had just sat down for dinner and I would call her back with the number. She got very nasty with me so I hung up on her letting her know that she would get the check number in a few hours. My husband called back with the check number and amount the check was for and confirmed that the amount was going to satisfy the account. By the end of August we still had not received a title. I called to ask why and was told we had a remaining balance. The representative that took the check number falsely documented our account stating they told us that the check would not pay it off and we would have the remaining balance. After arguing with the rep I asked many many times to speak to a manager and finally got one. I was on the phone with the company for about an hour and a half. The supervisor assured me he would have the phone recordings pulled and get a resolution on the account. 3 weeks went by and I never heard from him. Today I called back to the company and was told there was never any phone conversations pulled and nothing noted that I had spoke to any supervisor about having them pulled! This company is crooked and have a very poor record keeping system! I am not going to stop the fight about the remaining balance. I was also told they do not have a corporate office phone number to give out they only have an address... It's BULL! I have worked for a collection agency and there is always someone higher up to talk to.

Comments

• Cn
      24th of Sep, 2007

DRIVE FINANCIAL is a big rip off to consumers. I have just found out that the $2000. dollars i sent them 3 months ago they are now saying was never received by them. I have a confirmation number from the bank for the electronic transfer but they are trying to reponses my car regardless. When I tried to get this straightened out the lady would only ask for my address repeatedly, when I said for her to answer my questions first she hung up on me. Obviously they only care about taking your money without ANY customer service at all!!!

I WILL NEVER USE OR RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE FOR LIFE!

• Al
      13th of Feb, 2008

I deal with drive financial and I do beleive the complaints are factual.

And definetly they are a rip off, it seams that everything is arrenged so you will never will be able to pay off your loan. I hope the class "A" lawsuit filed by the Law Office of Mr. Thompson goes thru.

• Or
      15th of Mar, 2008

My complaint is about Drive Financial. I decided to get a vehicle to reestablish my credit. I gave a $5000 dollar down payment. On my first payment I sent $200 over the amount of my normal payment. My plans were to get it paid off quickly. I was almost sure that in a year or two I was going to have it paid off. Well needless to say that never happened. I read the [redacted]s online about drive time, shortly after purchasing the vehicle and was worried about that happening to me. Well just to try and cover my tracks. I sent my first payment early, but before doing so, I called to let Drive Financial know that I was sending in my payment a few days early, only to make sure that it was received on time. I spoke with a representative who assured me that the check would not be processed until the payment was due. She lied, My payment was processed on 3/21, when the payment was not due until 3/25th. The check arrived at my bank before I could deposit the money, my check was returned for Non sufficient funds and I was charged fees of course. Drive Financial also charged me returned check fees and the interest accrued 10.00 dollars a day for everyday I was late. I called and spoke with a manager named Selina. Told her that the representative should have been held responsible. She said there was nothing she could do. The damage was done. I told her to monitor the very first call I made to drive financial and she would see that the representative did lie to me. She said, I will, and that was the end of her conversation.

• Cr
      17th of Apr, 2008

I almost think it would be easier to just let them take my car and sue me for the balance. These people are a joke. I would cut off my right arm before I would ever get another car through them.

• La
      29th of May, 2008

I used to work in auto finance and believe me I know that there are some true instances of poor customer service, but in your case I'm not in agreement. You brought your service charge on yourself. While I agree that the representative was wrong if in fact you were told that the check wouldn't be processed prior to the due date, you should never have issued a check when you did not have the funds in your account.

Just an fyi...no business reviews checks for the due date. Every company processes checks as they are received. Think about it like this, for a company to do what you wanted they would have to have a computer or persons pull checks by account number, check the due date, sort the checks and place them on hold and then wait for your particular due date to send it to the bank. That will never happen.

Your best bet is to make sure you actually have the necessary funds before issuing a check. Please believe me, I'm not trying to call you out, I'm just explaining to you how the process works so it doesn't happen again with any company. No company has the ability to hold checks.

• To
      27th of Mar, 2009

this was the first new car i had purchased in a long time and it was financied though Drive Financial. they are full of crocks! i was out of work for medical reason for approx. 3 1/2 months and got behind on my payments. i called them to explain the situation and told them when i would be making a payment (usually within a weeks time, no more then 2 weeks time) and they said they would note it in the system. i would get a phone call from them everyday asking me about my payments. even after i had made the payments the phone calls would continue for another 2 to 3 days. when i was able to i would make two payments in one month to try to catch up on the loan, but the loan amount never seems to go down. in fact it is going UP!. everytime i call them about it i get the run around. i finally told them that if they decide to reposse the car then fine, they can keep it. my credit is shot anyway.

• Ce
      14th of Aug, 2009

iagree drive is full of ### its like i pay and pay and feel that my vehicle have been paid off twice as much as what its worth.Iwas told today that i have already paid $17, 000 and vehicles is on was $14.550 but yet they still say to pay it off is$7, 000 more I told them im not paying another penny and i was told the money i send was worhless and going to interest so i agree 100% they are ### and they need to be stop.

• Ha
      26th of Sep, 2009

they are full of ###... did you know that half of your payment goes towards interest and not your car. we should get a petition to close these ###ers down and they trying to be slick about by changing their company name to santander usa(in case you didnt know) i've sent emails to them but no one ever responded... Spread the word, because i'm sure we can atleast have them investigated. tell everyone you know ;not to deal with SANTANDER/DRIVE FINICIAL

• Ar
      30th of Nov, 2009

Yes I agree...I have also been ripped off by the dealer when they gave me a loan with this Psycho company Drive Financial/Santander USA... They are very rude . Needless to say the dealer was shut down by the manufacturer and I cannot get out of this loan.I have a very high interest rate loan and they do not offer refinance. We should get them shut down. Good LUCK