dressale

quality and refund

dressale
Hong Kong
dressale.com
First of all, the lace on my wedding dress came burned in 3 places. Next, despite the fact that I gave them my exact custom measurements, it is nearly 2 sizes too big. The lace is very poor quality and is sewn very crookedly. There are a great deal of lose threads. After contacting the company, I have, thus far, been denied a refund for the price of the dress. I was willing to accept the losses for the price of shipping, but not for the price of the dress. Dressale has asked me to "understand their losses" and has told me they "cannot afford to lose the money on the dress". As a consumer, that is not my problem. As a business, it is their problem. My advice? Do not EVER buy a wedding dress from dressale.com! You'd be much better off going to David's Bridal, where you can get much better quality and still pay a very reasonable price!

dressaledressaledressale

Complaint comments Comments (21)    Updated: Complaint country Hong Kong Complaint category Clothing, Shoes & Acc

Comments

N  12th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

dressale - deliver

I bought a dress from dressale, the dress delayed for 5days, fortunately I can arrange everything, the customer service has apologised for that, the dress is satisfied and the price is reasonable.
N  23rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
It sounds that you deal with Dressale.com successfully.
N  23rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
My friend bought a dress from dressale.com, it was delayed for 5days, finally she gor her dress, it is not as beautiful as the pictures, but it is satisfied.
N  24th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
It seems that Dressale has a problem for delivery. Efficiency decides success. The service should be improved.
N  25th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
when ordering a dress from dressale.com, you should try every methods to get contact with the customer service, cause there are some problems with their delivery.
N  25th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Though they have their own shortcomings, we cannot blame them for every scam that happen there, as much as we cannot blame ourselves for being a fool by getting scammed.
We have to be intelligent to protect ourselves and our hard-earned money.
If you know less, you'll loose more...
N  30th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have just received my bridesmaid dress from Dressale.
The delivery is on time. It looks just like the picture shows.
N  30th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
my name is Felicia from Ghana West Africa i asked somebody to order a wedding gown for me at dressale, oh i love dressale, your delivery is the fastest, you deliver beyond expectation, quality clothings and above all beautiful clothes. thank you dressale. i am so happy
N  30th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
i asked a friend called Connor to buy a wedding gown for me at dressale and unbelievably i got the dress before the agreed date, i love their delivery is so fast and reliable. the dress is just as i wanted. in short they exceed expectation. i love dress ale. thank you dress ale
N  19th of Jul, 2011 by    -1 Votes
19/07/11 started approx 7pm

You are now chatting with 'Stacy'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK5*********
Stacy: hi

Stacy: can i help u

Christine: l hope you can help...are you the customer service?

Stacy: yes

Stacy: what's the problem

Christine: have you just recieved my email?

Christine: l got my order and its wrong colour

Stacy: i have asked them, they say they email you

Christine: emailed me... regarding what?

Christine: Do you mean someone will email me???

Stacy: yes, they are replying now

Christine: ok

Christine: ok

Stacy: well, what's y our order number

Christine: ******

Stacy: okay, i got it

Stacy: well, i will check what's the problem with your dress

Christine: its the incorrect colour

Stacy: yes, i see it

Christine: ok so what's going to be done about this?

Stacy: they discuss it, plz be patient

Christine: how is it going so far?

Stacy: they are solving it and they are busy. hope you understand

Christine: well i hope you understand that i have been patient waiting for my dress, and i have paid money for this dress, i havnt even recieved so much as an apology for this error, please understand my disappointment

Stacy: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Stacy: I will be right with you.

Christine: I'm not going anywhere

Christine: when you said they are replying now, was it in a discussion or an email to me?

Stacy: well, i have checked the picture, because the light and computer display, there exist some different. the dress id okay, could you accept it

Christine: the colour is nothing like the shown picture brown, this is not what i want

Christine: the chocolate colour is not what i want

Christine: or paid for or ordered

Christine: if i wanted chocolate i would have asked for it but i wanted it in brown and unfortunately i have not recieved that

Christine: so no i can not accept it

Christine: this is not an error on my part, this is an error on your part

Christine: so again, what will be done about this?

Stacy: well, i contack them again, they are dong now

Christine: dong now?

Stacy: doing

Christine: doing what?

Stacy: email you and give you a solution

Christine: is that going to take another half an hour?

Stacy: nope

Christine: if your not going to give a solution in five minutes, i will give you a solution to this problem, tired of waiting, it's nearly been one hour, and its an obvious problem, im waiting...

Stacy: well, they have send me, they make the mistake

Christine: yeah big mistake

Christine: not happy with their email

Stacy: i am soffy for t hat

Stacy: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Stacy: they have send yo email yet

Christine: im asking for a refund, totally two different colours, not even a slight resemblence to shown picture. so not a happy customer

Stacy: I will be right with you.

Stacy: well, we are workers and we have no right to refund, this must be issued to our manager, so it waste time, hope y ou can understand

Christine: i have recorded all the conversations and kept all the other information of emails for evidence, also have a witness to all this, will be taking further action if my requests are not met

810pm

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Lorita'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK5350******
Lorita: hi

Maria: hello

Lorita: anything i can help u ?

Maria: yes my name is christine

Maria: and i have just been emailing you about my refund

Maria: i was cut off the line from stacy

Lorita: hold on, pls

Lorita: may I have your order number, so I can check for you soon.

Maria: *****
Lorita: yes, i find it.

Lorita: could u email us ?

Maria: i have been emailing you

Maria: you are lorita yes?

Lorita: ok, we will check it

Lorita: yes

Maria: hi, we have got the dress picture . im sorry the lace part is more like chocolate . we have tried our best to find the lace like the color in the color chart, but u know the color is a little different in different fabrics . but anyway, we have the resbosibility . since ur dress is also very beautiful, could u keep it . and we will give u a discount code which values $30 for ur next shopping, hope u can understand . best wishes lorita

Maria: did you not send this to me through email?

Lorita: yes.

Maria: this in not acceptable that i was cut off from the conversation

Lorita: sorry, ur dress is also beautiful .

Lorita: could u keep it ?

Maria: and that your not understanding when i say im not happy with the colour you have sent me, and i do not want to have this dress in that colour, if i wanted it i would have ordered it in that colour

Maria: i do not want to keep it

Maria: i did not pay for this

Maria: i want my money back

Lorita: the color is not different much, just because lace make it different .

Maria: are you serious?

Maria: there is not even the slightest resemblence between the colour of brown and chocolate from your chart

Maria: NOT EVEN CLOSE

Maria: and i wish you and the other people working there would stop trying to justify this BIG mistake, i do not want it

Lorita: how about we refund u $30 plus some discount for ur next shopping

Maria: no that is not good enough

Maria: i want a full refund of my purchase and you get your dress back

Lorita: the discount code, u can also use it when u place another order

Maria: i am NEVER going to order ANYTHING through you again, i will highly recommend others stay away from your buisness too!

Maria: so your saying your not going to refund, is that correct?

Lorita: we can refund, but full refund is too much, we cant suffer that much .

Maria: neither can i

Lorita: we need to contact our manger and email u back, is that ok ?

Maria: that money i paid you was for something completely different, and i did not get that, so im suffering because of that, i cannot wear that dress, so you have my money i have nothing!

Maria: when will that happen?

Lorita: we will email u in 2 hours, since it is supper time now . we will contact her after supper

Maria: if i do not recieve and email in 2 hours stating that i will be recieving a full refund, i will be forced to take this further, and all my evidence of the conversations i kept will be shown to consumer affairs, and you will hear back from us

Lorita: ok.

Lorita: thanks

Maria: thank you.

Lorita: you are welcome
N  19th of Jul, 2011 by    -2 Votes
This is the colour they sent the dress as, chocolate, not what i ordered, i specifically ordered brown.
N  19th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
this is what i ordered and what i got instead...i ordered in brown not chocolate

N  19th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
I cant manage to download my pics to the computer, but you get the jist of it, you can see how different the colour scheme is, and i got the darker colour and as you can see NOTHING ALIKE!!!
N  27th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
Dear customer:
We would like to apologize for the confusion and inconvenience you have experienced while shopping at Dressale.com. We are continuously working on improving our products and service, so we very much value your feedback.
As for your issues, you can contact us via our email customer_service@dressale.com, or the live chat http://livechat.dressale.com/chat.php, and our customer service team will help you there.
Dressale
A  27th of Sep, 2013 by    0 Votes
I'm having the same issue, however, my custom made dress that I paid extra for is TOO SMALL BY ABOUT two -Three inches all over.
N  20th of Dec, 2013 by    -1 Votes
The reason why I am giving this store a five star is because it delivered to my expectations. I was doing my normal selecting which store to buy a dress from then I came across dressale.com. The customer care staff of the company was just great, in addition, they helped me pick a great outfit for my occasion. Lets just say you will get a lot of mixed reviews about a store but until you try it out you can never be sure which side to trust. I know that this site is great.
D  22nd of Dec, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I was always nervous to shop from any online shopping store. Then my colleagues told me to browse through dressale.com and asked me to check out the variety of dresses. When I checked the dresses available in different categories I was completely stunned. First I was feeling hesitated to shop from this web site. But after going through payment policies and other terms I felt secured. I must tell everyone reading this review that this site has got mind blowing dresses and that too in different ranges.
N  24th of Dec, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Dressale has good value items and, in my experience, good customer service. It might take a few days to resolve issues; however, they do try to keep the customer happy. The products I ordered so far have been well-made and I might buy more in the future.
this is the dress i just receive. it is perfect.

N  25th of Dec, 2013 by    +1 Votes
this is the wedding dress i ordered from dressale. it is really perfect. i love it very much. so i don;t think dressale is bad. anyway, i have very good shopping experience there.

A  22nd of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
BEWARE!!! I bought $401 worth of items. I paid express shipping 6-8 days. I contacted the company to find out where my items were, 14 days later. First they said my funds were frozen. I called paypal and contacted them back. Paypal said, no they had the funds for 2 weeks now. Then they said, “They did not make them because they tried to get a hold of me to make sure that’s the items I wanted”. I told them to refund me the money please; I thought I would have my items by now. They said, “we need over 20 days to make the items then, they would make them”. I said okay, I want a refund. They are now trying to take 30% for handling. What handling???

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree