Dr. Robert Leroy / Medical City, Dallas / Malpractice, dangerous physician!

THIS DOCTOR KILLED OUR FAMILY MEMBER!!! To anyone who is or might be a patient of this 'doctor': If you put yourself in Leroy's hands, he may or may not KILL YOU OR A LOVED ONE! He did everything he could to insure that our parent died twenty years before it should have happened. He is a quack, a menace to competent medicine, an exceptionally rude and hostile 'doctor' and should never have been allowed to practice medicine in Texas in the first place. He lied in depositions about the treatment he gave, he had his nurses lie too and, at least in our family's case, he got away with MURDER. My hope is that when he dies he will go straight to hell for what he did. We can't post the details of the case... Medical City's pitbull lawyers would be able to figure out which patient it is... but know that IF YOU LET 'Dr.' Robert Leroy at Medical City in Dallas TREAT YOU OR A FAMILY MEMBER, YOUR LIFE MEANS NOTHING TO HIM!

Comments

• Am
      18th of Sep, 2007

My Husband was transfered from Doctors who had in affect given up hope for a solution to his seizures and we drive over an hour to see him for appts. From my understanding , and for good reason this Doctor is considered the person that other neurologist seek information from and send thier patients to when they can no longer be helpful. He can belly up to our Dinner table any day of the week. The gratitude we have for all his patience and assistance during the difficult times is invaluable to our family. My children have a Daddy, and thier Mother has a good husband thanks only to the Good Lord and Dr. Leroy. We thank God for him in our nightly prayers.

• Mi
      5th of May, 2017

@Amy Marie I thank God for Dr. Leroy myself!! I had seizures since 1995 and no other doctor out all the doctors I've seen could help me but Dr. Leroy sure did!! God put him in my life and I thank Him for that! He found out where my seizures were coming from worked with 12 other doctors with this and had a wonderful brain specialist that work with him!! 2 brain surgeries and now I'm seizure free without medications for over 3 years now!!!

5th of Oct, 2007

Dr. Leroy is one of the best doctors that I know of in his field! After seeing many doctors Dr. Leroy was able to stop my wife's seizures. My wife would have up to 5 seizures a day for over 42 years. Through surgery she is now seizure free and off all medication. We gladly drive over 7 hours just for an office visit. I am sure that with as many patients that he has seen over the years their have been a few very difficult cases. In some of those cases the person may have died. We were told before the surgery that the results could be seizure free, seizures worse, remain the same or death. In our case it was the best possible outcome, no seizures. Our lives are in the LORD'S hands not Dr. Leroy's. If a person dies I belive that the LORD has allowed the death. If death had been the outcome for my wife I would have accepted it knowing she was in a much better place in no pain. We need to pray for what I have come to know as a Godly man in a very difficult job.

• To
      21st of Oct, 2007

WHEN LOOK HIS NAME UP ON THE INTERNET. I DID WANT TO SEE OR READ PEOPLE HARDSHIP GOOD OR BAD. HE HAS NOT LET ME DOWN HELL HE PERSON JUST SAY NO. IF YOU DO NOT WANT IT NOW ASK? BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP IN THE OR, IT TO LATE.

• El
      1st of Nov, 2007

Dr. Leroy has been a godsend to me. I have been to many doctors and they couldn't get my seizures under control without making me feel drugged out. I was depressed and wondering if life was worth living. Dr. Leroy not only got my seizures under control but also has a get bedside manner. I always feel better after seeing him. He is probably the best doctor I have seen in the over 20 years of dealing with my problem. Thanks for being there Dr. Leroy.

• Ra
      12th of Dec, 2007

Well the only thing i can say is he should not still be working as well as in prison, get another lawyer if needed since he is not behind bars tells me your lawyer is not doing enough for you!

12th of Dec, 2007

I have been a patient of Dr. Leroy's for over a year and I have never had any reason to question his competency as a physician. He worked with me to plan the best course of treatment for my seizures and it worked! Dr. Leroy has a great bedside manner and goes out of his way to make himself accessible to his patients any time, whether or not you have an appointment. He does not talk down to you or push you into any sort of treatment that you are not comfortable with, but rather, helps you understand what is happening and presents you with all of your options. I would recommend him to anyone in need of neurological treatment.

14th of Dec, 2007

I was a patient of Dr. Leroy's for about 10 years. He is a man of character and care. He really is concerned for the welfare of his patients and there fuure. I was an epileptic for 30 years and the medicine was no longer working for me. I can tell you I was on every seizure medication you can possibly imagine and it debiliated me to the point to where I could not have a normal life. Leroy directed me to have the right temporalobectomy and it was the best decision I have ever made. He also told me that I could possibly die from the procedure, but that was the chance I had to take. I have now been seizure free for 5 years and have been living a very normal life, thanks to Dr. Leroy, through his knowledge and care for my life. I am very sorry this happened to you, but I can tell you he is no quack. He is one of the best Neurologist in the field.

• Vi
      7th of Jan, 2008

I have know Dr. Leroy for the past 20 years before I became his patient in 2007 after my neurologist passed away. I can only say GOOD things about him as a neurologist and person.
    He has helped MANY patients become seizure free and his beside manner is OPTIMAL.
    God Bless Dr. Leroy----

Vicki Burns---Arlington, Texas

4th of May, 2008

I take it beyond personal for you to call him a quack.He did in THREE days what my specialist in my hometown could NOT do in ELEVEN YEARS.Pretty impressive if you ask me.The very first day I saw him which has now been more than 5 years ago he spent THREE hours talking to me and predicted on day one what was causing me to have my attacks.Two months later when tests were run, his predicition 2 months before was correct.Also, you said he tried to kill a family member.Are you aware he is NOT A SURGEON, but a specialist instead.He could lay down all the paperwork and facts of your family member in front of the surgeon and the surgeon could have been at fault by accident.You think he is a quack and I think you were on dope when you posted that.Nuff said.

20th of May, 2008

Dr. Robert Leroy has been my doctor for over 20 years! Like so many others I thank God for him! He has saved my life and lives of other family members as well.

He has successfully managed my seizures allowing me to have a full life. While my doctors before him were unable to do so. Myself and my entire family have nothing but the greatest respect for this exceptional caring Doctor and Person!

Anna Garza---Dallas, Texas

6th of Jun, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Leroy's for years. I live in Longview Texas and have to travel two hours to see him, but it has been worth it. I could not find a doctor here locally that could help me control the seizures, so a doctor in Longview referred me to see Dr. Leroy. About four years ago, he had given me surgery for a Vagus Nerve Stimulator. It has not totally kept the seizures from happening, but it has definitely kept me from having so many. I thank God for Dr. Leroy. You have to remember that Dr. Leroy is a doctor, not God. He has been able to help many people, but there are some that he may not be able to help. Your answer is God. Go to Him and ask for healing. God has used Dr. Leroy to help many though. I am sorry for your loss, but please do not blame Dr. Leroy. He is a very loving and helpful man.

• Am
      18th of Jun, 2008

I started seeing Dr. Leroy almost 5 years ago, and I credit him with my quality of life I have today. When I began seeing him, my seizures were uncontrolled, and I was on medication with horrible side effects, and had just given up on life after my previous neurologist basically said that some people are just not helped by meds, and basically I had to "accept it". I was referred to Dr. Leroy, and the day of my first appointment was when I felt like I started living again. As one of the previous posters said, he spent a few hours with me, and never made me feel rushed, and it is like that every appointment, he never leaves until all of my questions are answered. He gave me hope that things could get better. I credit him for getting my seizures, as well as my life, under control.

• Je
      24th of Jun, 2008

Dr. Leroy has been my physician for 12 years. After 20 years of seeing incompetent neurologists in Wichita Falls, we were referred onto Dr. Leroy... We were impressed with him from Day 1 - his excellent bedside manner and empathy for patients is something we dont see much of these days... Especially in Wichita Falls. Its now 11 years and counting since my left temporal lobotomy. To look back to the way my life was - couldnt work, couldnt drive, couldnt attend college, couldnt live independently - I never would have thought that I would go onto graduate from college, have a family, drive, and live a life that was once just a dream.
    Thanks, Dr. Leroy - for all you've done...
    My family thanks you, too...

29th of Aug, 2008

I am sorry that your loved one died. However, it has nothing to do with Dr. Leroy. It was their time to be with the Lord. The Lord's time is perfect. Never late never early but always right on time.

After 13 years of my sister having seizures I finally got tired of it. After doing some research, I found Dr. Leroy. We have not looked back since. Dr. Leroy helped my sister get back to living again. I commend Dr. Leroy for the work that he has done. The first time we met him he answered all her questions. Dr. Leroy never acted like his time was more important than my sisters. Further more Dr. Leroy answered all my questions . I wasn't the patient! He took the time to listen and understand my sister's problems. Only after 1 year, my sister got the treatment she needed and has been seizure free for a little over a year.

Dr. Leroy is a Dr. that knows what he is doing and cares about his patients. For me and my family, We thank him!

• Sc
      29th of Aug, 2008

Dr. Leroy gave my daughter back her life and her very existence. She had been to countless doctors who simply indicated she would never be seizure free and would remain on powerful medications the rest of her life. Well, guess what, after coming under Dr. Leroy's care she has been seizure free for over a year. She's driving again and going back to school and living a fulfilled life. I sing Dr. Leroy's praises! I thank God he came into our lives when she needed hm.

12th of Sep, 2008

Dr. Leroy has given my husband a new take on life and is able to hold down a job now and is totally seizure free. I would trust Dr. Leroy wth any of family members and I refer friends to him.

I am sorry for your loss and I know that we always look to blame others for thier deaths, but Dr. Leroy is only a doctor and is not God and when God says it is time to go, their time on earth is done and it is not for any us to question him. Each of us are God's children here on earth until we are called to return home.

Dr. Leroy has never been rude or unkind to myself nor my husband. He a very friendly and up to date on new treatments for seizures. I thank God every day for the care that Dr. Leroy has given my husband and his given him the opportunity to now raise twin girls.

25th of Sep, 2008

Like so many others, I dealt with my seizures for multiple years, rotating through drugs and doctors, all with no results. Every time I'd think maybe I was doing well, I'd wake up back in the hospital... I was finally referred to Dr. Leroy, and with his help I am almost completely seizure free. Yes, I occasionally still have a problem, but they are years apart, instead of sometimes 40 or more a day. That's some quack to be able to do that...

I can sympathize, and understand your feelings. I don't even claim to say you're "wrong", as I know nothing about your case. I will say that you can't claim Dr. Leroy is a horrible Dr, because it is obvious he has helped a great many people.

As for being rude, I disagree, but I can also understand how some may feel this way. Dr. Leroy does not pull punches, or soften his opinions, and I'm glad. If I don't take my meds, I don't want him saying he understands, it's so hard to remember, and could I pretty please try to remember to take them? I want the cold, hard facts laid out. It was the same way with my treatment. He was blatantly honest about the potential outcomes. I knew what could happen, and I went forward with open eyes. If he was NOT so honest and open, THEN I would complain. A patient must fully understand the possible consequences of their decisions. If this seems gruff or unfriendly to some, instead of congenial, so be it. I'm not sure if I want a Dr. that will tell me I may die with a grin on his face anyway.

Again, I understand your anger, but take some comfort in knowing that if your parent was anything like me, than doing something, anything, to try to help their disease was worth the risk. It is a tradgedy that they are gone, but my opinion is that Dr. Leroy's medical skills were not the cause.

• Sh
      22nd of Mar, 2009

To all of you who disagree with our complaint; You and your thoughtless, insensitive messages can go to hell. How anyone who just hasn't been injured or killed YET by this hack could say things like 'It was just your family member's time' or 'doing anything was worth the risk' has been so hoodwinked by this scam artist that you better hope there's not a God, because your snide, condescending comments only reveal the utter depth of your ignorance and lack of empathy and I pray you're shown the error of your ways when LeRoy kills YOU or someone you love. So, once again: Yes, we're mad...DR.ROBERT LEROY KILLED OUR FAMILY MEMBER, YOU ###S!

23rd of Mar, 2009

In my experience, Dr. Leroy is a competent and gracious doctor with an excellent bedside manner. He has helped me tremendously, and I never feel like I am being rushed when I have an appointment with him. I would not describe him as a "hack." To the contrary, I find him an excellent physician. ShirelyVictim, can you share a little more about what happened? I am sorry for your loss.

• St
      11th of Apr, 2009

Then you've been VERY lucky. We appreciate your sympathy, but while we know that Leroy isn't going to pay for what he did in this life, there is a hell waiting for him in the next. He deserves it.