Dollar General / general manager stealing

1 601 S 7TH STWyoming, IL, United States
Phone: (309)695-6164

This is a copy of the message I sent to Dollar General and if I receive a reply it will be posted as well. Although I doubt that I will get one and if I actually do I will probably receive some generic "we are sorry for your experience" reply.

I wanted to let you know that you have a Manager employed at the Wyoming, IL location who may be stealing. I also know that he is not very professional. I hope this is not how most of your Managers are but from looking on Complaintsboard.com it seems to be the case. I know a girl who was working at this location and for all I know she may have been a terrible worker and needed fired but the situation surrounding her termination is a little odd. I have known her for quite some time. She has had several different cash handling jobs and has never had an issue with cash. At your store she was never allowed to count her drawer before she began using it. This is a cash handling procedure at all the businesses I have run. Is it not your policy to allow employees to confirm their till before beginning their shift? Also she was allowed to witness the drawer being counted which again is policy everywhere I have run. Yet the first time her drawer was short she was not allowed in the office with the manager. Then the second and final time she was short again she was sent away to do work elsewhere in the store. Is it also not your policy to allow employees to witness the counting of their drawer?

Also as far as how professional the Manager is. I understand that you don't call or text someone to terminate them. Which this manager did not do. However, he did text her to have her drop what she was doing to come in an hour and forty-five minutes early. She told him that she would try but was busy taking care of something important. He reiterated by saying that it was imperative that she come in at 3. She told him that she could make it for her shift. He told her that the schedule was already taken care of. She asked if she was being let go and his reply was that he had to talk to her in person. He then told her that she needed to be there at 8am in the morning.
I feel if he needed to terminate her then he should wait until she came in for her shift not try and get her in early so she would be unable to take care of prior business.

Also a quick internet search resulted in finding out where this manager worked via news articles. In one case he told his employees to tell customers when they had an issue to agree with them and tell them that they are working for a terrible company who does not care and will be out of business soon.
Also a news article shows where he was reprimanded for speaking with news reporters after being told by his employer not too.

Until I went to https://www.complaintsboard.com I wasn't so much concerned with the lack of competence shown by your manager at this location but it has come to my attention that Management is an issue in very many of your stores.

I will be posting my own complaint as well.

What I'm mostly concerned about is what your cash policies are. I am not going to continue shopping with a store that continually denies their employees the normal securities against unethical management that most provide.

A reply to this would be greatly appreciated.