DM Associates / Harrassing phone calls

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 678-741-5400

I am on the Do Not Call Registry and have been for several years. I've received calls from a call center in Atlanta, GA 3 times in the past 3 days about an offer to have "Credit Services" negotiate new interest rates for my credit cards. They insist on verifying your cc balance (with you on the phone by calling your cc company and entering your cc number). They will not let you speak to a representative until they "qualify" you, by finding out your CC balance and interest rate. I have asked to be removed from their list. They would not tell me the name of the company or phone number of the company they represent. They are not following my instructions to have BOTH of my home phone numbers removed from their calling lists.

Comments

• Va
      5th of Mar, 2009

I have had the exact same thing happen to me, they keep calling me. What good is the "do not call list " if it does not stop telemarketers from calling? I could not verify the validity of the company. They gave me different names and now block their number from showing when they call. The things they said to me make sense but why all the secrecy. They claim their company could save me from Bank of America...we all know BofA is ripping people off. It sounds pretty enticing when the say I could save $12, 000.00 in interest. But if it sounds too good to be true then...it probably is???

• Jb
      21st of Jan, 2010

DM Associates keeps calling with messages that we are attempting to commit fraud by a check from our bank that is in their office. Each call goes a little farther with their threat, the last saying if we don't respond to their toll free number, they are preparing to file a form that may affect our tax return. The calls have never been from a real person - all recorded. This is a scam! We do not have any outstanding checks and I do not believe they should have a return call from me. I am on the "do not call list" too.

• Dm
      12th of Mar, 2011
    dm - you people are sack of crap
    Illinois

GET MY NAME OF THAT AWFUL LIST!!!

• Ih
      6th of Mar, 2014

There is a problem here but not the company its funny that people say ohh someone is scamming me or they harass me about my old debt... well duh you owe the debt. Just because you tried to get out of having to pay it or you where not contacted for a few years does not mean you don't owe it or the company is wrong. If you let some one borrow money and they disappeared for a few years if you got in contact with them again um would you not still want your money... stop trying to beat the damn system and pay your damn bill and maybe just maybe no one would call you about money you owe... did you think about that...