Disney Movie Club / wouldn, t cancel

1 OH, United States Review updated:

They would'nt stop sending movies after I cancelled even though I had made my purchase commitment. I thought when my credit card expired that would stop them. It didn't, they must have played with dates until they guessed the new date. All the movies were returned but they won't credit my credit card, say I must buy more movies from them. Tried to find a way to let corporate Disney know what this club is doing to their good name but can't find a way to contact them. Maybe their name doesn't mean anything to them anymore.

Comments

• Lo
      5th of Jun, 2009

Are you crazy?? A company isn't going to sit around and GUESS your expiration date! Why don't you try calling and asking what's going on instead of posting on a message board? It took me 2 seconds to google a customer service number where you don't have to enter any information 1888-257-9100. Your welcome.

• Jk
      17th of Aug, 2009

I agree with the complaint. You apparently haven't dealt with this company, Lorelaig. My sister has been fighting this company for over 6 months now. She has cancelled every single order that has come in since her purchase commitment was met and they refuse to accept that. She has TALKED with them and they STILL don't stop. She even talked to her credit card company about it, which is now over the limit because they refuse to cancel. She has followed ALL of disney movie club's steps to cancel in THREE different ways and they will not cancel her membership. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SWINDLED!!! They are RUINING Disney's name and it is NOT worth the dollar you paid to get this sort of harrassment. By the way, those 'points' you are supposed to get for the club don't apply to the initial movie purchase (buy 1 get 7 for $1), so you have to keep purchasing after that for the club to be any different than purchasing from a store...even then, the points don't add up to getting anything worth this hassle.

• Bi
      12th of Aug, 2010

The Disney Movie Club (DMC) is committing a serious scam!!!
    They intentionally lure you to join their membership for FREE, and get the first 4 movies at discount. But what they hide from you is that you have to buy their other movies at REGULAR price (over priced, of course) before you can get rid if it.
    This is a generous business idea to reach into people’s wallets!!! I can not believe that Disney, with its reputation, would base its revenue on such a lame business.
    Technically, yeah, DMC is doing nothing wrong. It makes up its own rules, and reach out for you. All you need to do is to fall into their trap. However, as many people have been complaining, this is a serious scam that can catch people out of their guard. Who would think that Disney would set up a trap like this?
    I have cancelled the credit card I used to join the club. DMC didn’t spell out that they would store my credit card information. If everything about the membership itself stays on the edge of a crime, this definitely falls to the other side. All merchandise would ask for your permission to store your credit card information explicitly. But DMC does NOT!
    Well, I think they have great lawyers so they can spell anything legal.
    Anyway, this is the DMC. Shame On You!!!