Discount-Beauty.com / Non receipt of goods

I ordered products from Discount Beauty.com on 08/28/10. Their prices were great. I immediately received an order confirmation e-mail. So good so far. Little did I know that it would go downhill from there. My delivery was supposed to arrived in three days via UPS. After a week, I did not receive an order. I contacted Discount-Beauty on 09/03 and spoke with Carmen. She told me at that time she could not help me, but she would have someone call me back shortly. This was in the morning at around 11AM. By 6Pm when no one had contacted me from Discount-Beauty, I called back . I spoke to another employee who told me that "Jeff" would contact me. Again I waited. Finally after not hearing from Discount-Beauty.com for two days, I sent an e-mail on 09/05 stating that I would request that my credit card company reverse the charges if no one contacted me by the close of business on 09/07. On 09/06 I received a shipping confirmation e-mail from Discount-Beauty. However the e-mail did not have a tracking number for the order. I sent a reply e-mail asking for the tracking number. Again no reply. I still had hope that I could rescue this sinking ship. So bright and early on 09/07, I again called Discount-Beauty. Carmen again answered the phone. I requested a tracking number. She then stated that she did not have access to that information, and that the mysterious "Jeff " would give me a call. When I asked to speak to another manager or supervisor, she told me that Jeff was the one and only member of management. At this point steam was coming out of my nose and ears. I tried to remain calm as I told her that I had no other option but to contact the credit card company and have them reverse the charges. Wouldn't you know, that before I could get the paperwork to the credit card company, I received yet another e-mail stating that the order was shipped. The e-mail listed the 3 hair products that I had ordered. Being the hopeless optimist that I am, I patiently waited for my order to arrive. Finally on 09/10/10 the package arrived. Yippee, I thought, my hair products have arrived. You probably guessed it by now. When I opened the box, I found two " hand and body moisturizers" and an" age-defying" cream. No hair products in sight. Tomorrow I will physically go to the bank, paperwork in hand, to ask that they reverse the charges. I just wanted share this experience so that this doesn't happen to anyone else who dares to do business with
Discount-Beauty.com. Pay a few more extra dollars, order from a reputable com and save yourself the hassle and headache. I have more than learned my lesson.

More Discount-Beauty.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ra
      Oct 09, 2013

The same thing is happening to me!! #1. They are now under "Beauty Online Store" and "Hugobeauty.com" and they advertise "free shipping" and "Orders "arrive in 5-10 day" which is total b.s.!! My order took 3 days to get out of 'processing' and now (I ordered it on October 2nd) received an email saying it will be at it's destination October 31 - November 13th!!! I wrote them and asked why the LIED on their website, and haven't heard back from them...

I can imagine what my order is going to be like, if anything. It is an electric toothbrush for my son, so I'm really mad...

I wish there was something I could do to let everyone know about this... Any suggestions? My email is [protected]@yahoo.com

Thanks for posting this. Wish I had checked them out before ordering.

• Fr
      Oct 18, 2013

I placed an order for RAM for my laptop on 10/13 with hugobeauty.com and paid instantly with PayPal. I immediately got a confirmation from hugobeauty.com; on 10/15 the order was updated as "processed" and "shipped". It had a tracking number with UPS and said to expect my package on 10/17; on 10/16, the package was within my city but was "intercepted by sender" and redirected to Ohio by 10/21?!?!? I tried to e-mail [protected]@hugobeauty.com, but Gmail said their server rejected my e-mail. FISHY! I am filing a complaint with PayPal and getting my money back. Slap on the wrist and DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!

• Gr
      Feb 10, 2015

I placed an on-line order for a hair product on Jan 15, 2015, and my credit card was charged the same day. When no product had arrived within ten days, I phoned their customer service number, only to be told to leave a message. I did receive a return call within 24 hours; and was told the product was on backorder. I waited a few days past the promised date, but still no product. I once again called customer service and waited for their return call, this time no one returned my call. I continued to call back until I got a representative on the phone. I politely asked that my order be cancelled and my credit card charge reversed. I was told it would be taken care of; it was not. I called again and asked the order be cancelled and the charges reversed. This morning I filed a dispute with my credit card company. DO NOT BE TAKEN BY THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE NOT TRUSTWORTHY!!!