Dino Direct / Scam

I bought a $35 laser pointer from www.dinodirect.com. The pointer after 10 minutes of use. The switch was apparently defective. I contacted them for a replacement or refund. First they asked me to take it somewhere to have it repaired, then send them the bill!! Yeah, right! Then they said they'd send me a replacement. Then they said they'd have to have the broken one back, and I HAVE to send it by mail with a tracking number only. Well, the cheapest way to send it back with a tracking number cost's $85.00! I have to believe they knew this! Well, I sent it back anyway to the address they gave me without the tracking. Doesn't make sense to pay $85 to recover $35. A month later and they say they still don't have it. I say BS! They have it, and it looks like I'm out $35 because I don't have a tracking number to prove they have it. All the stuff they sell is cheap Chinese made junk. Avoid Dino Direct at all costs. If you buy from them, forget about any warranty's you think you may have!!!

Comments

• Cu
      29th of Jul, 2011

Hi there!

I am another unhappy customer.

Three week ago (11th of July 2011) I ordered roller blades ($47) as well as protective gear set ( $22).
    First thing that was annoying is that up until you proceed to check out you will have no idea about how much delivery will cost (and in my case it was $45).
    The second thing is that after my previous purchase I had some reward points left. During my check out I was trying to understand which way I will benefit more and I ticked the box "redeem points". I never proceeded with that order since than, but the fact of life is that I lost my points.

About two weeks of waiting I logged in to check order status and found that if was despatched on 22nd of July.
    As I was unsatisfied I raised a two questions:
    1. my points disappeared and I never used any of them.
    2. since my order was shipped after they started theirs 2nd birthday campaign and I am unsatisfied - may I have a 60 reward coupon?

I had a very unpleasant communication with the person that only made clear that my points are gone, because I used them.
    She also made clear that my order was actually shipped on 24th and that they are out of stock for protective gear that I ordered and they are offering me a $25 coupon (it is $3 over that price that I have paid two weeks before just to cover those two weeks that it took them to realise - "### we don't have it").

As I am now even less satisfied than from the beginning I refused to take 25 and persisting on settling at 60. After 2-weeks delay in shipment and knowing that I have paid for something that is not existent this might make me feel reimbursed for all my suffers.

And can anyone also please tell me where did I use my points? I created an order and deleted it without paying for it. It is like going into Woolworth cashier and asking for a cash out and changing your mind same time and your money will be drawn off you, but you will end up not getting them.
    I don't care about those points to be honest - it is only 1% of the purchase price, so even without them it is ok, but it is the fact that I "used them" and they claim it as it is my fault - that pisses me off.

That is my last shopping experience with these guys, and I hope my message will make it clear for others - stay away, don't risk your money.