Digitalet.com / Refurbished sold as new

1 2131 Royce St.Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: NA

It appears that there are several electronics warehouses in Brooklyn, NY. Digitalet is one of them. From the content of other complaints on other websites about electronics warehouses in Brooklyn, it would not surprise me if they are all owned and operated by the same person/people.

Digitalet has a website and is an Ebay power seller. Over 95% of the products Digitalet sells are "refurbished." Digitalet neglects to inform customers of that. Read their "return policy" well. The "30-Day Money Back Guarantee" applies only if you do not open the package at all! Even then, I am certain Digitalet will find a reason not to refund your money. If you buy from them and open the package, Digitalet will never give you a refund even if the refurbished product does not work. You send the defective product back to them at your expense, and they will send you a refurbished replacement. If that one doesn't work, the cycle continues. As far as all that positive feedback on Ebay for Digitalet, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. In my opinion, they have a disproportionate amount of positive feedback for the size of this company.

You are better off purchasing "new" electronics from a reputable company. I do not recommend Digitalet.

Ca

Comments

• Ke
      14th of Jul, 2008

Bought an IPOD FM transmitter. Claimed it was new. Was DOA.
    Returned and never received a refund.

• La
      20th of Jul, 2008

im glad i looked at this i was going to order something from them, but not after reading all of these bad reviews...im out..

• Kl
      15th of Oct, 2008

Man, talk about timing... I've got their checkout screen up on another browser next to this one...but I decided to google digitalet.com + reviews, and whammo... Lots and lots of the same complaints -- Very, very shady folks at Digitalet.com it seems...

Apparently, more often than not, customer returned DOA items just "somehow never manage to arrive back at Digitalet, HMMM...? I'm betting that these clowns know full well that the legal definition of 'REFURBISHED' means it was returned to the manufacturer, checked over, cleaned up, TESTED functional, repackaged and shipped out to resellers/wholesalers again... Guess that they resell RETURNED(UNCHECKED) products, not REFURBISHED ones. (And I'll bet dollars to donuts that they're reselling lots and lots of returned DOA hardware that got 'lost in the mail' too, any takers? ;-)

Ah well, I was interested 'coz they were at least $20 lower than the next company, but I guess it's really too good to be true... Pitty.

-k

28th of Oct, 2009

I tried buying a LaCie 1TB external hard drive from Digitalet. It didn't work at all when I received it. They asked me to call LaCie customer support (at my own expense). LaCie said they couldn't help me with the drive because the Serial Number indicated it was Canadian, and that Digitalet probably wasn't an authorized dealer. Digitalet told me to ship the drive back (again at my expense) for a replacement. Although I have USPS confirmation of shipment they claim that they have not received the drive and will not replace it. Do not buy from Digitalet.

27th of Nov, 2009

Shortly after writing the previous review and another at resellerratings.com, Digitalet offered to send me a replacement LaCie 1TB drive (on the condition that I revise my review on resellerratings.com). It still didn't have the required software for Windows. However, after a few hours of trial and error on different PCs, I found someone who had a Mac and was able to partition the drive for Windows on it. So I now have a working drive, after shipping costs, long-distance phone calls and a lot of wasted time.

• Eg
      24th of Aug, 2010

Sounds like I am one of the many that has gotten screwed by Digitalet. After three attempts they still refuse to send the RMA form that is needed for my return. I wish that I have seen this website prior to doing business with them! Take it from me, stay away!!!

4th of Dec, 2010

I bought a graphic card at digitalet and was DOA, returned item back but never got the return.They claim they did send me but i never got any item back.And its too late for a refund .Dont buy at digitalet they are stealers and scameers.

30th of Jul, 2011

I placed an order for a hard drive on digitalet. I was not sure if the order went through so I emailed the company to find out the status and was told that they had not received an order from me. So, I placed another order for the same hard drive.

The next day, two charges showed up on my credit card and I received emails notifications for two separate orders. I emailed their support several times over the next few days and finally heard back, three days after they send the confirmation email. They stated that the two orders would arrive shortly and that I would have to pay the return shipping plus a 20% restocking fee for an RMA.

EVERYONE SHOULD AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. IT IS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE.

• Df
      27th of Feb, 2017

Digitalet is a fraud company. Listing defective/conterfeit as new/open box. After the items are sold, Digitalet changes the item description to for parts/no return. These #### should rot in hell.