Diamonds Internationaldiamond international

Dear FB Friends, I need your help! In November 2016 Steve and I made a once in a lifetime purchase of a 3 carat diamond ring for our 25th Wedding Anniversary while on a cruise in the Bahamas. We bought a 3 carat marquise diamond engagement ring and a diamond wedding band from Diamond International. We were assured that the ring would appraise for what we paid for it, if not more. When we returned to the states we had the rings appraised and to our HORROR found out that the ring was worth almost $7, 000 less than what we paid for it and the wedding band was “at best” in fair condition because there were 5 diamond loose in the setting. We reached out to the store and to the cruise ship since we used a store that they recommended. AND GUESS WHAT? No one wants to help us now! Diamond International will not take my phone calls and only responds back to emails after we make threats to sue. I am now on a campaign to get the word out on Diamond’s International and Carnival Cruise Lines. The cruise shopper Yolandi was with us every step of the way in the process of our purchase. She even went into the back of the store to call the owner in New York to get us the “best price” for our ring. But now the cruise line will not work with us either. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE! I have a ring that I can’t wear because I can’t get it insured for what I owe on it. NEVER EVER shop at Diamond International!!! AND NEVER believe Carnival Cruise Line when they tell you what store to shop at because they will not support you or assist when a problem arises. PLEASE POST ON YOUR TIME LINE AND FRIENDS TO POST ON THEIRS TOO!!!

• Diamonds International Customer Care's Response, Jan 30, 2017

Good Morning Mr. and Ms. Nyitrai,
    As your complaint with DI has been resolved to your satisfaction, I would request that you either update or remove this posting. We do apologize for the issue you had and hope that you will return for a better experience with us in the future.
    Thank you.