Diamond Furniture / Horrible policy/Misrepresentation

1 Cherry Hill, NJ, United States Review updated:

Diamond Furniture company is a truly bad representation of good customer service and have horrible company standards. Their slogan is "Nobody beats the Diamond Deal", however this is a complete hipocritic statement. I was recenlty at the cherry hill location and saw a sofa and loveseat set for $723.00, thinking this was a great deal I put on lay away with $400 down. About 4 days later my sis and went to another store looking for a table set. At that store we found the same exact sofa and loveseat for only $580.00. So right away i called Diamond furniture and asked if they could do a price match or atleast refund us the $400. Unfortunately the manager of at diamond did not want to cooperate with us. He said that he wouldnt be able to match the price bc it was not the same manufacturer and couldn't get the money back since it was 1 day past the 72 hrs of getting refund. Now Im forced to use the $400 store credit on the other crap they sell. Never again will i deal with such a company.

The pictures below show the Furniture from diamond which I took w/ my cell phone and the others are from the other company's website. As you can see both are clearly the same set.

Ab

Comments

• Un
      20th of May, 2009

My husband and I purchased from the Bensalem, PA store in March 2008. When the furniture was delivered, the loveseat was damaged by tge delivermen. When I reported it to the store, the treatment we received was horrible. The gentlemen I spoke with was rude, mocking and lacked customer service. After going through numerous people, I finally found someone to help me and we received a new loveseat. This week I discovered the stuffing on the sofa was coming out at the bottom and the dressing underneath was ripped. I would have dealt with it until today I sat on the loveseat and something popped, causing me to sink in. I discoverd the spring of the loveseat broke and ripped through the bottom of the loveseat. Right now it is hanging out. I was told that there is nothing that can be done because we had only purchased a Fabric Warranty. We were told this was a Lifetime Warranty and it would cover any damage, etc. I was told that there was nothing they could do to help us. I reported this to the Better Business Bureau as well as to Nadia Han of Action News. Regardless of an expired warranty or not, this furniture should not have fallen apart the way it did in a little over 1 year time. They compared it to the car warranty and the woman I spoke to said "you know how it is, the warranty expires and the car always ends up in the shop". Do not shop at Diamond Furniture. You would be better to go to Rent-A-Center because I am sure you will get better quality from renting it then buying it outright from Diamond Furniture!!

• Su
      6th of Nov, 2009

I will never deal with Diamond Furniture again either! When I first went into the store I was just looking for a sofa/loveseat set for my basement. I moved into my new house 6 months ago and my basement is the only room left unfurnished. Out of the whole store I did manage to find one set that I liked. They gave me a decent deal on the set so I bought it. I took off work for the delivery day and made sure that I stayed around the house so I wouldn't miss them. They didn't show up until 6:30 pm! They brought in the loveseat and set it up in the basement, then they went back out and brought the sofa in. He said that the sofa wouldn't fit, which I admit it may have been a tight squeeze, but they didn't even try to get it downstairs! He sat there and argued with me in my own house! But they put the sofa back on the truck and told me to come back to the store and sort it out. When I went back to the store I spoke with the manager about the issue and he said I would have to re-select another set in the store, I told him I spent 2 hours in the store previously and they only set I like was the one I picked out (obviously). I told him I just wanted a refund because I had found a set in another store that I liked that I knew would fit. Then the manager instantly got an attitude with me and was extremely rude. He arrogantly pointed to a sticker on the counter that said "no refunds, store credit only". I find it extremely convenient that the sticker on the counter is on the "customer service" side (the one you come back to with problems) and not on the "check out" side where I originally made my purchase. And I LOVE the fact that I was made aware of that important information when I made my purchase! So I asked him, since the only set I liked was considered a "no fit" I have to pick a set that I don't like and just deal with it? And he shrugged his shoulders like a jerk and said "Yeah, looks that way". Like really? That is ridiculous! So now I have a $1, 000.00 credit to deal with people that upset me and I get stuck buying furniture that I don't really want! Great way to get people stuck with spending their money in your store! No wonder they're still in business!

• Jr
      16th of Nov, 2009

a warranty for furniture. lifetime too... BS.. only lifetime on fabric. DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY FROM DIAMONDS.
    i am waiting to hear if they will come out to fix sofa.. they tell you lifetime, but they don't tell you what kind of warranty.
    I WILL NEVER BUY FROM DIAMONDS AGAIN...

• Ne
      8th of Mar, 2014

Diamond furniture is the worst place to order from near egg harbor Nj they are extremely rude and don't keep in contact with you . I placed a order on the 15th of February and here it's March they still didn't deliver it but not only that I spoke to someone 3 times and they told me the first time I called I'm sorry we didn't call but we can deliver your furniture on this date and I set the date, the second time I called its sorry the lady you had spoken with is new so sorry about that but only half of the bed set came in, and the 3rd time I called oh we going to deliver it on Saturday and here is Saturday no one is delivering it because we have to reorder it now . Ask for my money back because I've been promised 3differebt dates and they tell me no because of the policy which is B.S