Dialler Comm - egoli rewards / r135 deduction tomorrow 31st

1 South Africa Review updated:

I received this message Your Egoli Rewards 135.00 debit will bill on 31 Jan as sold to you by Dialler Comm Ref TBDIALC*190131. Reply CANCEL to stop or call [protected] —

where I have stars is it my ID number. when I call with a landline it doesnt go through. what is this and how can I prevent this scammers from accessing my account? how can ABSA protect my account?

I wont reply using my phone incase its a scam.. actually I dono who are these people

My Name is Priscilla Faba
my email address is priscilla. [email protected] im not sure if I should give my id number

Pr
Jan 30, 2019

Comments

• Pj
      30th of Jan, 2019

It's a scam, I also recieved such. I never gave anyone my banking details yet seemingly they have them. The painful part is that banks charge us when we reverse such fraudulent debits.

• Re
      31st of Jan, 2019

@@PJM123 Guys I think banks are involved in this scam...because they also making money out of those reversals. The is no way that banks can't protect our money. I mean to reverse a transaction from the branch can cost R45 depending on your bank, so one can imagine if 1000 people makes reversal from one bank that bank can make R45000 out of nothing. My name is Reginald Motlatla

• Nw
      1st of Feb, 2019

@Reggy Motlatla reverse on the banking apps it is free cause the debit order is under R200. They aint gonna make any more from me shame.

• Mi
      30th of Jan, 2019

Hi, I also received the very same sms, the landline 087 056 3239 is not going through. How can I prevent them from debiting my account?

30th of Jan, 2019

@Minenhle Dlamini you can report the transaction to your bank once it has gone through but you can stop it, you can reverse it. the bank will block that "address" from doing another debit from your account, but then these people will come back again under another "address" and debit your account again. then you have to start all over again...

30th of Jan, 2019

@Andiswa Meslane sorry - meant to say that you *can't* actually stop it - you just have to wait until it goes through and then only can you take action

• Le
      30th of Jan, 2019

I also just recieved that sms too... Where do they get our ID numbers? I don't even know that co. But I do believe they work with the banks, I use Fnb and I get such every month... Fnb is gaining from this people I tell u cos when you reverse the debit order, Fnb charges you everytime... Im changing banks seriously tired of Fnb allowing this [censored]ers to [censored] us up every month.

• Kh
      30th of Jan, 2019

@Lepu You could be right. I'm also banking with FNB n just received this msg.

• Ve
      30th of Jan, 2019

@Khoza Angel @khoza angel it seems like the majority of people whom received such sms's are banking with FNB
    #I'm also affected.

If they debit it then i have no other option than to change to another bank.

Surely we are not safe with fnb

• Ko
      30th of Jan, 2019

@Velley Khalanga Hi everyone, Okay, thought i was the only one. This quite alarming. FNB needs to address without cost implications to it's customers it can't be a coincidence that we all received notifications today!!

• Pr
      30th of Jan, 2019

@Velley Khalanga Its not fair, I've nor used my FNB account in almost a tear because of these scams... Every time sales company call me the call me "Ms Bob Junior (and then my name)" ... Showing that FNB sold me out :(

• Di
      1st of Feb, 2019

@Lepu I also got the same SMS and debit order. But I stopped and reversed it. Fnb no longer charges us for stopping and reversing fraudulent debit orders of less than R200 if done via cellphone banking (or online banking) within a month - I think it's a month.

• We
      30th of Jan, 2019

Hi! I also received the same sms.

• Di
      30th of Jan, 2019

Hi guys! I also received the same sms today. That has to be a way to escalate this. This is not right and reversal charges are no joke.

• Md
      30th of Jan, 2019

I am Mdav Mntolo - I am an FNB account holder and received this bogus SMS, I hope banks are not part of this scam, I know FNB said ... “Customers will no longer be charged for stopping unauthorized debit orders of less than R200 through the FNB App, Online Banking, and USSD.” and that they are monitoring non-FNB businesses that are processing illegal debit orders on FNB customers. These people are taking us for a ride the government must pass laws to prevent such scammers to operate in the country, else charged with criminal offence.

• Na
      30th of Jan, 2019

Hi, I also received the same SMS.

30th of Jan, 2019

I just received that message and this people have got my ID number.

This is really bad😞

• Ah
      30th of Jan, 2019

I also received this sms today and am surprised.

• Kh
      30th of Jan, 2019

I also received the msg now. Is everyone who received the msg banking with FNB?

• Te
      30th of Jan, 2019

@Khoza Angel I also received the SMS with my ID no. as part of the reference no. I'm with FNB. So frustrated.

30th of Jan, 2019

@Khoza Angel I first received a phone call from 0314924412 a lady said she was calling from Multichoice and was asking me to upgrade the package and I ended the call immediately. After 5 minutes i received an sms saying "Your Egoli Rewards 135.00 debit will bill on 31 Jan as sold to you by Dialler Commu ref TBDIALC + my ID number as reference." This is a scam and they come almost every month or 2 months. on 14 dec 2018 another one JZTIN debited my account and had to reverse and stop. I have had such debits at least 5 times last and they come with different reference numbers. All the debits in 2018 were initiated in Durban.
    I bank with FNB and they also told me they could not do anything until the debit goes through. Sadly if you do not reverse and stop within 40days, the money is paid into the account for the fraudsters. I think banks are involved in this because they charge for those reversals and if a debit bounces, you are charged a fee for having no money. I think i just have to close my bank account and open a new one.

• Pr

@John Kh Same

• Si
      30th of Jan, 2019

Hi guys I also received the same SMS from "Your Egoli Rewards informing me that they will debit my account with R135. I called the ABSA fraud line and they said they cannot do anything to prevent it and I must allow the debit order to go through then incur costs to reverse it. I find that unacceptable and it gives the impression that the banking sector are happy to allow this to continue for as long as possible because they are also benefiting.

ABSA basically told me to report it to a police station...and I'm failing to understand why I must pay my bank a service fee every month then be told I must solve their security breach as well.

• Nk
      30th of Jan, 2019

I also received this sms this morning, and I also bank with FNB

30th of Jan, 2019

Apparently its not the banks themselves. Its a few rogue employees working at the banks feeding these scammers our details. I do however feel that the banks should do more to control this. It's not fair for the customer to bear the fee for reversing fraudulent debit orders.

• Ba
      30th of Jan, 2019

I have this same bulls*it sms this morning. I went to check my debit orders under my FNB profile, but it wasn't there.

• Pe
      30th of Jan, 2019

@Baiano They will debit tomorrow. I also got the same sms and I remeber I got one on November under Mzansi4more name for R109 called FNB and they made a reverse. I switched accounts thinking they got my account and card details but they got my id number. This is xity

30th of Jan, 2019

Oh it seems like lot of us who are using FNB received this SMS, I wonder how did they get our details.

• Va
      30th of Jan, 2019

@Sanele Mlambo I got the same SMS too. I bank with fnb and I'm now beginning to think they work together coz just earlier today I contacted fnb for enquiries, then the next thing was receiving this scam SMS. Clearly someone is failing to abide by the bank's confidentiality ethics.

• Ra
      31st of Jan, 2019

@Sanele Mlambo It is fnb people who are stealing our money

• Pa
      30th of Jan, 2019

There's actually 2 messages that went out to majority of FNB clients today. The other one goes as follows:

" Your Viva Lifestyle 129.00 debit will bill on 31 Jan...by Direct Comm Ref BD3347972190131..."

• El
      30th of Jan, 2019

I have also deceived the message and have been trying to call them since 11h30 but the phone is engaged or just rings with no answer. I'm also an FNB client.

• Dr
      30th of Jan, 2019

Rest assured, FNB employees are in on this. FNB please do a lifestyle audit of your employees if you yourself are not part of the scam.

• Ro
      30th of Jan, 2019

Just recieved the message with FNB, how do they even get our ID numbers?

• Le
    Best Best Advice +6 Votes

Also received the message. Let the transaction go through, stop it, get all the details of who requested the payment and lodge a complaint with your bank. Request a case no/ref no and send all the info to PASA (PAYMENT ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH AFRICA)- ([email protected]). The will investigate and deal with the fraudulent companies. Then based on their findings, you can open a case with SAPS. It seems like a lotof work but we need to deal with these fraudsters taking our hard earned money and making us run around to resolve it.