[Resolved] Dex Media / Won't cancel our account

United States, Colorado, Steamboat Springs Review updated:
Deja Vu
P.O. Box 883343
Steamboat Springs
We received a letter entitled Renewal Notice. We were told to call before 6/25/15 if we did not want to renew. I called 6/17/15 and told Dawn Stults I did not want to renew. She was very pushy and aggressive but I repeatedly told her I did not want to renew. I said I wanted a written confirmation. Finally, she said ok. I asked if I could get written confirmation. She said "They will send you something." I have received nothing. To follow up, I sent an email to DexInfo@DexOne.com on June 19. On June 24 I received an email reply saying my contract went from Sept. 2015-Sept. 2015. They did not cancel as they said they would. We are in NO contract with them. We want to cancel!

Resolution statement

Dex Media Customer Care's Response, Oct 07, 2015
We apologize for the issues you've encountered and would like to look into this matter. Please contact us at Social@dexmedia.com with your business name, address and best available contact number for prompt follow up. Thank you.
Jun 30, 2015

N  17th of Dec, 2013 by

DexMedia - Contracts
All Seasons Pet Care

Dex is attempting to change my monthly contract amount. They are trying to increase my monthly amount to cover a SD tax that they say began in Oct 2013. After research with the state, this tax did not begin in Oct 2013 as they tell me. This tax has always been there in the law and it is just that Dex was unaware of it more than likely and want me to again pay for their mistakes.
I have a signed contract with Dex for a set amount each month and nowhere in the contract does it state they may charge additional amounts to cover additional taxes or mistakes they made or because they were unaware of the law. What is with this company? Do they really think losing a $6000.00 dollar contract next year is worth the $60 they are trying to charge me for over the next 6 months. The state will be getting back to me again on this tax as Dex may only tax for search engine optimization and not any advertising. My charges are not itemized on my bill as she stated to me it should be if they are collecting a tax for the state. Charles Ramerez from Dex made the decision to charge me late fees during the time Dex was deciding what to do in my case and now is demanding payment for those late fees on my bill. Did I mention no one ever contacted me as to the out come of my case. They just applied late fees to my next bill. I have been a great no excellent client of Dex for years but I am giving up on them. Was talked into giving them a second chance for this past year and I did but was I ever wrong. Seems this company is everything you read about it. Run as far as you can away from this company. After the merger they are still on a sinking ship and grabbing what ever they can to stay afloat. DON'T LET IT BE YOU.

I just wanted to pass this along to you and anyone else in SD and the US about the practices of DEX.

A  1st of Oct, 2015 by
I can't agree more! !!! Im dealing with the exact samething.
James Hoos
Are disgusting.
A  30th of Dec, 2015 by
Have been a loyal customer with on time payments for over 2 decades. Now the company has been fractionated and repeatedly outsourced: no one at Dexmedia seems to know what the other components are doing. Any communication seems to be routed and rerouted. I have now been waiting for 3 weeks, just to have an updated accounting of how they applied our payments to date and how they are billing us. No response as yet to two emails to customer service. The paper ads and the website are being billed separately, each with an additional $5. per month billing fee, of which we were never informed, and now with additional late fees. Their computers "were being revamped" during early December and still in Mid-December when I first contacted them as to why we have not proceeded with the "professional" website they would launch. We were embarrassed to put this online as it was simply poorly worded and not at all professional in its layout. No one ever contacted me again, yet I am still being billed, as well as receiving collection notices! Am extremely disappointed with the service this company has provided, and advise not to proceed with any contracts. Customer service needs to be returned to a central agent, familiar with the account, and willing to represent you properly, versus an outsourced agency with no ability for immediate assistance. Stay Away!

Dex Media Logo Dex Media