Dermitage / False advertisement/scam

1 Suisun City, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18005912450

I opened an email offering a free dell computer. After clicking on the site the "Dermitage" website came up offering a free trial of their anti-aging system. As requested, to receive my FREE computer, I filled out my name, address, city, state, and email address for the Dermitage FREE system and hit the "Next" button. Up pops the next trial order page for "ONLINGO" FREE trial and I did the same as above to receive my FREE computer and clicked the NEXT button and then up popped the next trial order page for "Living Christian"FREE trial offer. At the end of this it was made clear each would cost $5.95. I said to myself well I guess that's fair, I've gone this far... and went ahead and entered my credit card information. (FOOLISHLY). Since then I have been receiving shipments from all of the above companies with fraudulent charges to my credit card in the amounts of $76.90 each month from each company. I have called Dermitage and have been hung up on twice by two service representatives and they have said there are no supervisors to assist me and no one to call me back for 48 hours. Mind you this all happened over the Seasonal holidays and they expect you to return items immediately!!! SCAMMMMMMM Artists!!! Don't Let It Happen to You ! I am now taking this to the new media and Help me Howard at our local Channel 7 here in Miami.

Comments

• Be
      4th of Feb, 2008

Hello,

My name is Beverly and I am reponsible for the Customer Care experience at Onlingo. Please take a moment and give me a call at 800-949-6880.

Best regards,

Beverly K.

• Ka
      3rd of Mar, 2008

I contacted this company today & had quite the opposite response from this company. They were helpful, the email confirmation was thourough & I was off the phone with the CSR that could not have been more helpful. Perhaps you should have read the fine print & not been so quick to blame someone else for something you yourself should be responsible for when entering your credit card. Hopefully it was a lesson learned...

3rd of May, 2008

I orderd a sample some time ago - not really impressed so didn't order anything. Here comes another sample - I don't want it - look for it to be returned.

• Te
      9th of Sep, 2008

I knew that Dermitage was a scam just from there advertisements. They have a picture of an old, weather woman and then the screen turns into a beautiful young, flawless goddess. This is suppose to be a result of Dermitage. It's insulting to my intelligence. I would never buy there product. Nor would any of my friends. I think it was designed for ignorant people.

• Je
      12th of May, 2009

I also saw an ad for a dell computer and was given the option to sign up for different things, but i said no to dermitage and was charged anyway 79.95 out of my bank account. I am a college student, who works only part-time, so it made my account go overdrawn!!! and when i tried to call the company, no luck. I have also never received the product. I am going to my bank tomorrow morning and reporting them for fraud. This is bs.

• Ti
      9th of Sep, 2009

This is yet another rip off we fall for = free trial - free trail cost 89.00 and would have been much more had I not paid attention to what was being charged to my credit card. These companies are horrible = Dazzlewhite gets you involved in 4 separate charges - what a scam.

• La
      20th of Nov, 2009

I had the same problem as many of these people. I called the number several times a day prior to the expiration of the trial offer and they never answered. I looked on my credit card bill and the description for the original shipping charges contained a phone number. I tried that phone number and they answered. They told me my card had been charged the previous day. I stated that I had been trying to call to cancel for several days and never got through. The rep then said she cannot do anything about that, since my trial period ended I had to pay the amount. I then told her I would report them to the Better Business Bureau and call my credit card to put the charge in dispute. As soon as I said that, she was able to credit the charges. The numbers on my credit card bill were 800-591-2450 & 800-391-9573.

16th of Dec, 2009

I love Dermitage and their customer service is outstanding...I too didn't read the fine print but that is my fault. By reading all of these comments it seems to me that you people need to start taking responsibilty for your actions and stop blaming everyone else for you problems. Its not Dermitage's problem because you dont have enough money in the bank to cover your charges and you need to stop ordering things off the internet until you can learn how to read!!! Get it together!

• Th
      22nd of Dec, 2009

Blame the victim...the fine print doesn't show up until after the credit card number has been entered. They have your money and that is how the scam works. "not stupid" must be an employee of that company or feels that anyone that orders a product in good faith is to be blamed for getting ripped off...people have a fight to order, or in this case, to un-order anything they please. You have a right to change your mind! Anyone, and I mean anyone that has this attitude of blaming the victum is dishonest and a possible thief...I know a good product you can push...it's called "Dermitage"!

27th of Mar, 2010

All these type of companies have a big, big scam!!!This exact same thing happened to me with Acaii Berry and when I saw the Dermitage pop up showing in my computer right away I was able to tell it was the same type of Scam. Advise all your friends and family members NOT to FALL for IT! It is obvious that "Karen" and "Not Stupid" work for the same type of companies because when I called to cancel Acaii Berry they used the same arguement "you should have read the terms and not blame others for something that you are responsible for". However, I did read and looked all over for a phone number when I was signing in but it was not there. You had to click in a very small icon at the bottom of the page that said: "terms" and it would take you to a completely different website. So IT IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO SEARCH ALL OVER THE WEB TO FIND THE TERMS OF THE PURCHASE!!! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE RIGHT THERE FOR YOU TO REVIEW BEFORE ASKING FOR YOUR CREDIT CARD.

• Ss
      6th of Apr, 2010

There is no doubt that this company is deceiving people as to when they are going to pull money out of your account. I have no motivation other than to let people out there know Dermitage can not be trusted. My experience is that when they promise to hold off your order it is not kept and they will go into your account and take funds and ship product not requested and then the first layer of client service tries to convince you to pay to return the product to get your money. They will not reveal their license or corporate office numbers, only when threatened with a the a complaint to my state Attorney General did they agree to a refund. I had e-mails from them proving the hold status of my order yet when I saw a charge they was pending in my account and called them they denied it was them, then I called my bank and it was revealed to be Dermitage. The client service person actually said I know it is our fault but it is only like 5 dollars to return the item to get your money back. Good companies will stick around, but any business that preys on people like Dermitage will not be around much longer, the word will get out and they will have to change the name to protect the guilty. Be very wary of giving any access to your accounts to theis Dermitage crowd.

• Du
      30th of Jun, 2010

In June 2010, their deceptive practices continue.

• Kr
      13th of Jul, 2010

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST, ... ... ...THEY ADVERTISED I ONLY HAD TO PAY $5.95 FOR S & h IN ORDER TO HAVE A FREE TRIAL OF DERMITAGE ; NOW THEY SAY I HAVE TI PAY $99.99 EVERY MONTH BECAUSE I DID NOT RESPOND TO THE 14 DAY TRIAL???????? I DIDN'T EVEN HAD THE PRODUCT FOR 6 DAYS ????

PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS CHARGE, THESE PEOPLE DO NOT ANSWER !!!

KRYSTAL

• Le
      11th of Nov, 2010

I opened Overstock.com website and a pop-up said if I answered a small survey, I got a free gift. Of the 3 free gifts offered I chose the Dermitage free offer (just pay $3.95 s/h). When it arrived, I read the enclosed letter and began to realize what a scam this was. I called CS twice to cancel within the 14 days, and the reps were as nice as could be but not budging on their TERMS of cancellation. I stupidly thought the free gift was mine to keep after my cancellation!!! Can you imagine!! It made me very angry that I had to send the stuff back at my expense without adequate time to judge the value of the product. I was told I had been sent an email with the terms clearly explained when I accepted my free gift. I looked...no email from them on that date. I called back and the rep suggested it might have landed in the spam file and yes...there it was. The only good thing about this is the lesson learned! And the part about sending the product back even if it's empty...gosh I hope this crap (partial bottle) will not go to some other unsuspecting person!!! Lynne

• Ca
      22nd of Nov, 2010

I had the same experience with dermitage, they advertised the 5.95 for S and H, then when i saw the 99.00 on my credit card bill. I was furious. I called to cancel and the next month the charge was on my bill again. I then called again and talked to a man who said it was cancelled and to just keep the product that was shipped to me. Then the next month the charge was STILL on my bill. I called again and talked to another person who said i didnt cancel in time. She also said that i had never called to cancel initially. I have contested this to my credit card co. they are going to deal with it. This company is a ripp off, they are taking peoples money. Carol

• Ba
      21st of Dec, 2010

I think most of us try to get something for nothing. I also ordered Dermitage, but i read the fine print. Which stated you must call and cancel before the 14 day trial period that starts on the day you order it, not the day you receive it. I took all the product out and put it in another container, called CS and cancelled the order the day i received the product. The next day I mailed the empty containers back which cost about $5.00. I checked my card to make sure that no charge was placed and there was none. I can't afford to pay$99.00 a month. Please look at the fine print. It clearly states what they are going to do to your credit card.

• De
      3rd of Jan, 2011

I ordered Dermitage about 6-8 months ago. I was not a victim of any of these scams that are referred to here. Maybe there was fine print and some other stuff going on but, I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I called to cancel my supply because it became too expensive but, never did I pay $99 nor was I billed anything close. This was a while ago so maybe the price went up but, I had no problem getting it cancelled and I received a friendly email confirmation. I have to say that I was satisfied with the product. I saw a noticeable difference within a week. I was tempted to order again and that's how I got here. Sorry that you all had trouble but, I don't think you should blame Dermitage.