Dallas BBQ / Disappointing Experience

1 281 West Fordham Road, Bronx, NY 10468, Bronx, NY, United States Review updated:

I recently placed a take out order, and was shocked and utterly disappointed at the sub-standard service I received. The employee, who totaled my order, did not greet me, nor did she show me any eye contact. At the very least she did not thank me for my business.

Her poor posture and complete disconnect was that of a person that could care less about her job or the Dallas BBQ brand. Clearly, she does not take her position seriously and should not be on the front line.

Her cold and sterile attitude has completely turned me away from doing any future business with any Dallas BBQ chain.

Comments

• Al
      21st of Mar, 2016

Date: 3/21/16
    Time: 5:30PM
    Location: Dallas BBQ Chelsea 261 8th Avenue
    Re: Complaint
    To Whom It May Concern:
    I am writing to relay my horrible experience at your establishment located in NYC Chelsea Dallas BBQ restaurant Friday 3/18/16. Let me start by saying that I consider myself one of your most valuable customers but my most recent experience has led me reconsider where I eat and spend my money.
    One of my co-workers retired Friday we all voted to take her to our usual place (Dallas BBQ) to indulge in a few drinks and dinner in celebration of her retirement. AT 5:30pm we were greeted by a hostess (young women w/glasses) who asked how many were in our party, it would have been a party of 11 but at the time it was just 8 of us. She stated we could not be seated until all 11 people were there, this is at 5:40pm the manager came out and asked the same question as the hostess and confirmed what the hostess had said. We asked if we could have a table for just the 8 of us and they said they had a table for 16 and it couldn’t be broken down, which I thought was very bazaar but at this point we said ok, we will wait.
    Now it’s 6:00pm and the rest of our party has arrived. I went back to the hostess to let her know and she said as soon as a table came available we would be seated. She explained there was a large party downstairs (150 people) and we would be seated ASAP.
    Now it is 6:30pm nothing yet, here comes 7:00pm (now at my boiling point ) NO way we arrived at 5:30 and it is now 7:00pm and we have not been seated and please believe me if it wasn’t for the fact that we waited so long already and the fact this was a suppose to be a retirement dinner, it’s late, we’re hurry and tired, we should have left and went across the street to Boston Market. Never once did the manager or hostess apologize or take in the fact the we all are standing in a corner for 2 hours. I felt like I was in the Twilights zone
    Now its 7:45 the 150 people from downstairs are leaving and once again here comes the hostess asking for another 5 minutes to allow the table to be set up. Needless to say we didn’t receive our food until 8:30pm.
    All the manager cared about was making sure we wasn’t blocking the doorway, again never once an apology or offered us a free drink or appetizers once we were finally seated.
    How is this possible? This establishment is located in the heart of NYC. This is not acceptable for a reputable establishment. I honestly hope my review/compliant will be acted upon first by acknowledging this letter then by retraining the staff or closing the facility.
    Note: We paid for the food served which totaled $414.00.
    I look forward to receiving your response.

Sincerely,