CSX / loud horns in residential areas
Hi, this CSX train runs through downtown Clearwater, there are many residences along the route, the area that I live in is between druid and Turner Street and just in that area alone there are several apartments houses and condominiums . The CSX train comes by at 8:30 in the morning or earlier and it lays on the horn so loud that if I even put a helmet on my head I would clearly hear the sound through it, for those of us who work night shifts this is very disturbing and for those of us who have children this is also very disturbing . Nothing will block out the sound because the sound is so incredibly loud that it will pull you out of a deep sleep and ruin your sleep for the day . I do not believe that this horn level should be allowed during the residential areas of town, other precautions should be made and I think it is unnecessary for Ahorn to be honked several times at each intersection near homes where people are living and sleeping, I think this should be solved and I'm actually very shocked that this is not been handled by the city Council or local city governments . Taxpaying citizens should not have to endure these types of interruptions in their own home .
More CSX Complaints & Reviews
- CSX Railroad - hours of operation 
- CSX Railroad Orlando, Florida - constant blowing horns 
- CSX Railroad - public safety issue 
- CSX - complaint is in reference to train blocking tracks for over 45 min.
- CSX Transportation - csx conductors are advised to target american citizens that complain
- CSX Transportation - csx trains blocking tracks
- CSX Elsdon Line - train stopped funeral procession for 30 mins.
- CSX Transportation - destruction of property
- CSX Transportation - I want the company to pay for the damages done to my car after cross arm hit it.
- CSX Transportation - train blocking multiple busy intersections