Credit Protection Association / Cannot contact anybody

1 Osage City, KS, United States Review updated:

Credit Protection Association contacted me several months ago about a delequent account that I admit I did not pay. Their first attempt to contact me I did call and pay. I attempted to pay this fee online through their site and it kept telling me they had technical issues. The second attempt was through the phone, which was successful, or so I thought. The thing that irritates me the most is when the transaction was said to be made, they gave me a conformation number that was about 60 characters long and since it was automated, there was no way I could keep up with how fast it was being repeated, and before I could get it all wrote down, they disconnected my call.
I received a letter in the mail two months later telling me that account was still delequent. I never was charged for the amount out of my bank account, so I knew something was wrong. When you pay through the phone, they ask you to submit a telephone number so they can contact you incase your transaction does not go through, I never received another phone call.
I have been attempting to find ways to contact Credit Protection Association to ask why they never called when there was an obvious problem, and instead reported me to the national credit bureaus to mess up my credit. Their service is second to none in being pretty piss-poor and someone needs to force these people to have a direct contact number rather than saying I have to write a letter to them and mail it to them in order to discuss my dispute or other information about my account. If they couldn't get my payment the first time because of their service being so poor, then how am I supposed to believe they will get or even read my letter for that matter. Pathetic. Due to their choice in using this collection agency, I will never have service through Mediacom again.

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2009

if you call 800-418-8144 which is the number for credit protection association, dont push any buttons when the automated system tells you to.Just sit there and a live person will connect after about a minute or 2

• Gr
      18th of Jun, 2009

I also got through, though it was by screaming NO into the phone for a good two minutes. I'm pretty sure the angry yelling into the phone didn't have anything to do with it, but waiting a couple of minutes without pushing any buttons did get me an operator.

11th of Feb, 2010

For a company who deals with collections one would think that you could talk to a live person. I was given a direct contact number to J.W. Preston at (877) 252-3745 which is nothing more than a recording which hangs up on you when they are done, total time of call 35 seconds. I also called the 1-800-418-8144 and did not enter any information and was hung up on, call time was a total of 2 minutes and 1 second. ok here is another update as I am writing this as I attempt to contact them. I tried every option that they had avalible and still could not reach anybody to speak with. I am calling during there normal business hours, which are Monday thru Friday 08:00 am to 9:00pm(21:00) CST. These calles that I made started at 4:00(16:00) and I endede at 4:39(16:39 CST which clearly is within the time of their normal business hours. I am really frusterated with this type of business practice. Good luck to anyone who is willing to listen to the automated system that they have avalible.

• Tw
      17th of Feb, 2010

this is a joke you cant even contact them to get your information does anybody have any idea whi to talk to cause it seems there running a scam and no resoults i dont know why any company wold got to them cause there isnt any customer service i rate this a failure to communicate.