Credit Collection Services / Scam and cheating

United States Review updated:

About a month ago I received a call on my cell phone from CCS about a debt that I supposedly owed. I contacting them back and they advised that the debt is from Progressive Insurance. I immediately told the rep. that I am no longer with Progressive and have not been since mid-July. She advised that she was demanding payment for $106.45. I told her that I would have to get in touch with Progressive.

I called Progressive and spoke with a representative there and advised her that I canceled this policy back in mid july and the rep told me I was all clear. She told me that she does not show that I canceled and I assured her that I did. The rep said she would do some research and see if she can pull the phone call from that day and would call me back. She called me back to tell me that I needed to fax a letter because cancellation for my state had to be in writing and the bill would be void. I faxed this letter over to her 2 days later and to this day I am still receiving phone calls demanding payment. I told CCS that they need to contact Progressive as I sent them required information.

The rep got smart with me and told me she was not calling Progressive and it is obvious that I owe. She also asked me to send my declarations page of my new policy - I told her I would not that was none of her business. She told me that I will keep getting her harassing phone calls demanding payment and hung up.

They are very rude, and they try to talk down to you like you are some kind of idiot.
Va

Comments

Mj
  24th of Jul, 2009
I have been getting letters from ccs, they are telling me I owe allstate insurance over $1000.00, I have never even been a customer of allstate, who are these scam artist?

Michael Christy
Mi
  19th of Mar, 2010
wow..they turned me over to collections too, only I was a customer, they sent me bills for after I quit them..worst company I have ever dealt with in my life
Jp
  19th of Jun, 2011

Credit Collection Service - Unknown collection on credit report
Credit Collection Service
Virginia

Credit Collection Service has posted a collection on my credit report at TransUnion. I was never contacted in anyway of this supposed debit of $124.00 and no notation of who the creditor is/was.
He
  24th of Jun, 2011
Email me to discuss your options in dealing with them. I have several that will help.

Johndowning01@gmail.com

I have over 8 years experience in this field and a working relationship with a law firm who specializes in cases like yours that may have them PAY YOU!
Me
  11th of Mar, 2018
I too have received a letter from this Co. for a co I have never heard of. I tried calling but they are closed. I went to there Webb page, but closed it down, wanting to see if they were a scam. Thanks for posting because this is just what I was looking for, as I have no idea who united financial casualty co. is. I will call tomorrow as I am interested to hear what they come up with.
Br
  6th of Apr, 2018
I receive a collection letter for 103.43 from credit collection services on Geico. Funny I never used Geico to my knowledge. I knew it was a scam right away. I have been working on my credit and know what it is. Who can we report this to. They shouldn't be able to get away with this. Think of all the people that just pay it.