Cox Communications / outgoing email blocked!

The following is an email I sent to Cox. I sent it to Customer Support and Technical Support and here I am weeks later without a response. I know big shocker. But I've done my homework over the last month and I think I bring up some pretty good points. Take a look:

Ok so I've been through level 3 tech support. I understand that there is nothing you guys can possibly do to help me send mail using my cox account. You've blocked port 25 (which has not made one bit of a difference in how much spam I get). All it really says to me is that you don't believe that I'm not a spammer. Instead of blocking my outgoing "spam", you're actually just preventing me from using my email account at work and conducting business with hundreds of contacts. I refuse to use web mail it is ridiculous and antiquated. So I see one of three solutions. 1) Lose a lot of business. I've talked to countless people besides myself who've encountered the same problem and their ready to just switch providers. 2) Conduct a phone interview to verify the legitimacy of these people (such as myself) claiming to use the email account for business rather than spam. If they are on the level then unblock the port for that account. And finally, not as good of an option 3)At least create an apply for PC AND MAC that allows people to import their address books into the Web mail system. I don't like suggesting that but I am dumbfounded that you all have not thought of it yourselves. You are losing Mac customers by the minute. Customers who might I add are willing to pay twice as much for a computer and file in a higher tax bracket. I'm in film production where macs are mostly used and in an office of 200 people I'm finding out that I'm apparently the last sucker still with Cox.

I'm sorry if this email contains the frustration that I have encountered upon researching the problem created by your company.

One pissed off long time Cox customer.

Comments

• Sc
      20th of Nov, 2007

I just want to second this statement... I'm in the exact same boat.
    COX get your ### together.

• Su
      23rd of Oct, 2008

I just happened upon your post and being that I have a reasonable understanding of how to work around your problem I thought I might offer some suggestions. You have a few different options on how to get around the problem.
    1. Since youre trying to use the email service for a legitimate business purpose, you could pursue the business service that Cox provides. It would provide you with the ability to avoid said blocked port.
    2. If youre not thrilled about coughing up the money to switch over to business service (for what you have made clear is a business purpose), here is a work around. Set up a gmail account and configure it to forward email labeled with your cox email address. Then simply reconfigure your outgoing mail server in outlook to reflect gmail's outgoing server. You should then be able to sent mail regardless of your location.