Cox Cable / unauthorized charges
It appears that cable companies have no problem letting anyone open an account in your name. I had a person go to Cox Cable and put my name on the account and them as a secondary person on the account. Of course the person never paid. Now I have to press charges and deal with getting it off my credit when all Cox Cable had to do was ask for a copy of my photo id and call the number that they gave as mine and this would never have happened.
The worst part is that I have never lived in Vegas and the phone number that the person claimed as mine was in Los Angeles. I live in New York. They didn't even run a credit check. If they had, they would have seen that the info given was wrong. Of course, it is the consumer who has to clean up the mess and be inconvenienced. Cox Cable takes no responsibility for it.
More Cox Cable Complaints & Reviews
- Cox Communications - service and billing fraud 
- Cox Communications - mcafee security suite false advertisement 
- Cox Cable - hdmi connection 
- Cox Communications - 100.00 rebate 
- Cox Communications - above the law 
- Cox Communications - Payment
- Cox Communications - contour tv
- [Resolved] Cox Communications - "unauthorized credit card charges"
- Cox Cable - rachel ray show 11 am channel 3.
- Cox Communications - internet