Costume Craze / Terrible experience

I bought a kids fire costume from Costume craze. My 4 year old took it out of the box ripping open the plastic bag it was in and tearing the box. Played with it for 5 minutes and one of the metal buckles feel off the coat. The next day another buckle feel off. I called them and said my son ripped the original packaging it was in and the box it came in. It broke why he was playing with right out of the box. They said send it back to us. I paid to send it back. They received it never called me I had to call them were they told me they would not refund it since it was not in original packaging. Plus it was worn. They also said if I wanted it back I would have to pay for it to be sent back. They told they will not send it back to the company that made it nor resale it. So I am not sure why they are not refunding a defective product. Costume Craze has a unsatisfactory record with the BBB.

Save your self time and money and don't buy stuff from Costume Craze!

Ki

Comments

12th of Oct, 2010

I found a costume i liked in early July. It said "Pre -Order now" I did amusing I was Pre-Ordering for this Halloween Season. Its the 12th of October and I still have not received my costume but the money had been taken out of my Paypal account in July. I called to inquire and they told me that "Pre-Order" was a nice way of saying "Out of Stock" and that they could not guarantee It would come in at all. They could have let me know this ahead of time before my friends ordered costumes to match mine. Now I am left with no costume and I am waiting for them to refund my money. I do not suggest using this company!

Tr
  25th of Oct, 2010

I just dealt with them and talking to a CSR rep also to the supervisor was a nightmare. They have a simple fill out form when you order your costume, however it doesn't prompt you if a shipping address seems incorrect. SOOO I had to pay $11 to have the package re-routed to me. It's like HELLO! if you see a customers name listed also IN the ship to address, wouldn't you contact your customer to confirm a shipping address? They do NOT do this. They don't even look at that information at all because they rely on automated shipping services to do everything correctly. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM. I will never buy from them again.

Ka
  3rd of Nov, 2010

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! They charged my PayPal account before informing me that my item was out of stock. They promised an immediate refund. However, it has been weeks and my money has still not been refunded. They continue giving me the run around about it. I've had to file a claim with PayPal and the BBB in Utah where they are located. I will never purchase from this company again and I recommend that others do the same. They will rip you off.

Ed
  26th of Oct, 2011

this is a terrible and dishonest company. they lied to us about shipping and after waiting for delivery for 20 days we gave up and purchased the item at a premium. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. FIND ANOTHER PURCHASE OPTION!!!

Sa
  27th of Oct, 2011

THE WORST company i have EVER dealt with! I ordered a costume from them and paid very expensive shipping in order to receive it the next day. I did NOT receive it the day they promiseed delivery. In fact, they never even supplied me with a TRACKING number when the delivery was with UPS. Their Customer Service is HORRIBLE! They have "24 hour chat" service, they have a 24 hour "phone line". However anytime you try to chat with a representative or call there telephone number, no one is there to answer you. Instead you are prompted to send them an email. They promise you you will get a rely within 48 hours, which was NOT the case. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! It seems like no one is there to offer "customer service". When i finally managed to get someone on the "chat" service, they took so long in answer a simple question, my problem was never resolved!! They have a bad reputation for a reason! Buyer Beware!

Mi
  6th of Feb, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! save yourself the headache and the stress. Don't let them fool you with their prices, you pay a bigger price!!! HORRIBLE COSTUMER SERVICE< DEFECTIVE COSTUMES!!!

Gl
  15th of Nov, 2013

I had placed an order and when i got to checkout to enter my billing information and all they told me that my visa card was declined and somehow they charged my credit card four times for that one order...i cancelled my order but they still have charged my card four times to many...i would like all my money put back on my card asap