Costco.com / think again before ordering anything through costco.com!

I ordered a bedroom set online at Costco.com on 11 Aug 06. The website promised 4-6 weeks for delivery. My credit card was charged on 11 Aug for $3,727.48. I received an email on 24 Aug 06 stating that my furniture was shipped on 23 Aug 06 but I cannot check the status of delivery. Then six weeks passed without hearing anything about my furniture. I called Costco.com and was told that Costco.com had to check with the delivery company because they cannot check the status of delivery themselves. After two more phone calls to Costco.com customer service and two phone calls with the delivery company I found out that my furniture needed to be repaired before delivery. I did not pay a full price to buy repaired furniture so I cancelled the order.

I was told that it will take 7-10 days to before I receive my refund. Waited 10 days but did not receive a refund and did not receive any phone call from Costco.com for the status of my refund. I called Costco.com again and was told that it took 7 days for them to get an authorization from the delivery company so they need another week before I can get my money back. One more week went by without my money and any update from Costco.com. I called again on a Friday and was told that they never received an authorization from the delivery company and the refund section was not open that day but he will send them an email requesting to expedite my claim. I sent them an email requesting an immediate return of my money and my intention to file a formal complaint. The weekend went by but still no phone call or refund received next Monday. I called again on Tuesday. I was told that the refund section was not in Monday either but they will send another email to the refund section. I asked for a supervisor and was told that a supervisor will call me back. I did receive a call back from a supervisor that day (Tuesday) and she told me that she will escalate this situation and will give me a call back as soon as it gets resolved. No more phone calls that day. No phone calls on Wednesday either.

Now it’s Thursday 26 Oct 06. I’ve been without my money ($3,727.48) for a day short of 11 weeks, never received my furniture, and close to no customer service from Costco.com.

What I learned from this experience:

1) Never again order furniture through Costco.com.
2) Costco.com does not follow through with their promise nor do they, as a company, care how I feel or what I say.
3) Think again before ordering anything through Costco.com and consider how long I can live without my money and nothing in return for my money.

I am uncertain when, if ever, Costco.com is going to return my money and I need to find a way to get my money sooner. I still need bedroom furniture but I don’t have my money anymore.

KR
Nokesville, VA 20181

• mcintirept's Response, Jun 09, 2018

Also, Costco sells so much chicken, why can't you offer free range chicken and eggs instead? People might pay a little more if the chickens were treated in some kind of "humane" fashion.

Kr

Comments

4th of Nov, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Pistachio Kirkland brand
    San Diego
    California

Developed insect found in bag. Very disgusting and off putting from buying Kirkland again.

• Tr
      4th of Nov, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - all products
    Phoenix
    Arizona

Why on earth can you not label things gluten free when they are gluten free. My wife has celiac and will not purchase any packaged product unless it clearly states that it is gluten free. Please change your policy. Also, more gluten free products and organic would be beneficial to many.

• Mi
      5th of Nov, 2018
    Costco, Inc. - Bill O'Reilly
    Waltham
    Massachusetts
    costco.com

I've been made aware that Costco stores around the country are carrying a book that was authored by an admitted sexual predator, Bill O'Reilly.
    In support of women everywhere, it is my hope that your company will remove and no longer sell said author's works.

Thank you.

5th of Nov, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Plastic gallon milk container
    Vallejo & Napa, California,

The new milk containers make it very difficult to pour. Milk is always splattering, even after carton is less than halfway full. I am constantly having to clean the refrigerator and countertops after pouring milk. It's probably the spout... it's too sunken in. The old containers worked fine.

• Wh
      11th of Nov, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Ruprect Lamb Shanks

We have had these before and they were OK. Tonight we had two which we had bought about 3 weeks ago at the Brookfield, CT store. These had an overpowering lemon peel taste which makes the product unacceptable.

I thought you should know for future planning

[email protected]

• Ku
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Vetch ds6722-3
    vtechphones.com

I bought 2 sets in December 2016 it list as a Bluetooth techno but in reality it doesn't work with any iPhone, vetch is well aware of it ( and point the finger at apple ) but they are deceiving the public . I think they should be removed from the shelves or have a sticker that informs the public the it does not work with apples iPhone

• Ng
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Molded Hot Dog !
    Temecula

January 9, 2017
    I ordered 3 hot dogs at Costco on Ynez Rd. Temecula . I bring it home and eat it right away, I ate two of them and was about to eat the last one, but saw the bread was MOLDED! I wasn't sure if the other 2 were also molded, but I definitely was not pleased to be served rotten food.

Costco Wholesale Corporation - Sweet Clementines
    Silver Spring
    Maryland

This is the 3rd time I have bought these sweet clementines from Costco and every time, about a quarter of them are molded and I dont notice until I get home. That is about 15$ wasted. I would like a refund or store credit. There is no reason that I should come home from the store to moldy produce after I paid for it and expected a quality product.

• Gh
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Tires service
    West Des Moines
    Iowa
    Costco.com

Wait time is 5 or more hours for walk ins and over two hours with appointment
    Earliest appointment is in three weeks

Costco Wholesale Corporation - Front door employees
    Lake Worth
    Texas

2 different employees were asking me about my service dog. In front of 12 customers, they treated me like a criminal and made me feel uncomfortable in front of other shoppers. Then the man at the door scolded me about the incident in front of customers.

• Is
    Costco - Order#: 628804967

I placed an order on November 24th. It was scheduled to be delivered early this week. However I just realized it it was rescheduled to be delivered on December 7th.

I wouldn't order it if I knew this would be delivered this late. I won my money back for satisfaction.

• Ka
    Costco - Whole Fancy Cashews
    Lubbock
    Texas

I am a senior with hands that don't work as well as they used to before old Arthur took over my thumbs. love your Kirkland Whole Fancy Cashews but I can not open the large top on the jar. Is there any way you can make this more senior friendly?

• Ir
    Costco - food products
    Salinas
    California

We were shopping today 12/ 3/2016 at Costco in Salinas Calif. As we notice all the package food was out dated It said on the package Best Use By Nov 24th or Nov28th the bread is even out dated back to Nov. I always look at the dates went I shop for food. Please check into this Thank You

• Li
    Costco - clementines

The clementines I bought from costco Located at Hacks cross rd 38125 were rotted (80-90%), very disappointed.
    date: 11/26/2016
    client number: 111834822104

• 55
    Costco - Membership
    Hanford
    California

Zelante spent 35 min working with a member to get a membership card very slow needs to be sent back to training slowest person I've ever seen :( zelante is his name

• He
    Costco - Daisy cottage cheese
    Auburn Hills
    Michigan
    costco.com

Recently Costco discontinued selling Land o Lakes brand cottage cheese and now sells Daisy brand. Daisy does not taste good. It also has a dry chalky texture. Land o Lakes brand is my favorite but I now am searching other stores for a good cottage cheese. I was buying about 1 tub a week.

• Ri
    Costco Taiwan - Costco Ctiti Visa card
    Taiwan

Costco Citi card provides a new benefit
    "No foreign transaction fee if used in Costco worldwide"

In fact, it is cheating because Costco Taiwan don't accept this card.

• Ri
      20th of Nov, 2018
    Kirkland - Long sleeve black shirts
    Burlington Wa

Fade after one wash in cold water. Puma brand shirts size medium are too small and Costco size midium are huge. Get the black Kirkland tee shirts back

• Rc
      11th of Dec, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - St. Louis Ribs
    Hawi
    Hawaii

We purchased cooked St. Louis ribs from location #140 Kona on Sunday 11/26 for $18.35. They were terrible, exceptionally fatty. Had this been our first purchase of ribs from Costco, it would have been our last. Very atypical of Costco merchandise and food.

Rocco Cappeto
    Member 111876238109

• Bl
      11th of Feb, 2019
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Items no longer carried in store.
    Willowbrook Gessner Rd. Costco, Houston, TX.

Please bring back Litter Purrfect Cat Litter in the 35 lb. green jug, Arriba Medium Fire Roasted Salsa in the 70 oz. jug, and the Palermo's Ultrathin Margherita and Pepperoni Pizzas 4 in a box, to my Houston, TX. Costco at the Willowbrook/Gessner Rd. store.