Concentra / treatment and negligence

3580 Atlanta AVe
Phone: 404-768-0443
February 17, 2009

To whom it may concern:

Today I went to the concentra office regarding my right shoulder. I saw dr. Negrin. While I was there, I was attempting to explain all of the action I have taken since my injury occurred. I informed him that I had started experiencing headaches and dizziness on a day to day basis. I also informed dr. Negrin that the headaches and dizziness did not occur until after my injury to my shoulder. I also brought all the medications that I was on and attempted to inform him that I had just went to the emergency room on 02/05/09 because of the dizziness and headaches and a ct scan was performed on both my head and my sinus and per the doctors at the hospital, nothing was wrong with either one but they did give me a prescription for allergies. Dr. Negrin looks at the bag of medication and puts it down and then state “you are dizzy and have headaches because of all the medications I was taking”. I informed him that I didn’t take them all at once and that my headaches and dizziness started before I started taking all that medication and that it was prescribed to stop both. I informed him that on 02/12/09 I went to see my ent doctor and he also stated that my hearing and my sinus were fine and I had a vision test completed along with blood pressure, urine test, kidney test, std test, blood sugar test, and several other test and they all came back fine. Dr negrin explained that when a person has an injury, they target the injured part and that’s why I needed to go through physical therapy. I asked him “how is it that I am prescribed all these medications and I go through therapy with out first identifying the problem through mri or x-ray”? I tried to explain to dr. Negrin that I have constant pain everyday in my shoulder and that when I was at the other concentra located in morrow, they did not do an x-ray or an mri on me. They just gave me medication and sent me to physical therapy dr. Negrin stated that he did not want to hear about what the other concentra did and that i’ve only seen him one time and that it was all in my head and there is nothing wrong with my shoulder”. He stated that he was going to order the mri on my neck and that he would go from there. I made another attempt to explain that my shoulder has been hurting for 3 months and that my shoulder is swollen and I have to put a heat patch on my shoulder everyday. By this time, dr. Negrin starts to get angry because I am complaining about my shoulder and starts to get loud. I’m starting to get mad because he is not listening to me. I tell him that he is not listening to my problem that I am having, he states “ I don’t want to hear what your problems are and he tells me to be quiet” now I am angry because not only is he not listening to me about my shoulder but he is telling me to be quiet. So I start yelling and he starts yelling louder by this time, his assistants come to the room and he then acts as if he is calm. Mrs. Tina ask me what was going on and he started talking over me so she turned to him and asked him what was wrong and then I started talking over him. He then turns to me and tells me to be quiet and proceeds to talk. I told him that he do not talk to me that way because I am not his child. He continues to tell her his side and when he finishes, he walks out. I wanted him to stay in the room while I told my side so he would not say that I was lying.

I feel that he was very unprofessional and very rude. I came to concentra for help regarding my shoulder and for a doctor to not listen to his patient and then tells the patient that he did not want to hear about what’s going on with me, and tells them to be quiet, I was in total shock of how I was treated by a doctor and how disrespectful he was. I am angry, mad and disappointed at how in this day and time, we still have people who treat others like crap and have no regards to there feelings. Dr. Negrin is not a doctor I would recommend to assist anyone in any type of setting because his demeanor and attitude is not one I would want to come face to face with on a day to day basis.

A  24th of Mar, 2009 by
I have found Concentra to side with the company. The nurse practitioner said if I would have said I could not walk she would have noted it but I mentioned every visit I can not walk YET she each time put me back on full duty. I LOST MY JOB BECAUSE I COULD NOT WORK.
A  7th of Feb, 2012 by
wow i had a similar experience where i ruptured a disk the doc gave me so many restrictions i couldnt go to work our occupational health nurse at my job contacted the doc at concentra and told the doc how bad it made the company look with osha everytime he took an employee out of work due to an injury and wouldnt you know it my restrictions were changed where i could go into work what can we do to get a human being for a doctor when it comes to occ health
N  13th of Jul, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I lost my federal job because of concentra, I tore my rotator cuff and they said I was ok and can go back to work. I was not ok and in alot of pain. I went to my dr. and my dr. seen the injury on the x-ray. but because time was lost between getting in to my dr, I lost my case. I still have an injury and I lost my health insurance... Thanks concentra
A  3rd of Apr, 2016 by
Hire an attorney before you walk in. Concentra will lie and falsify your records and the insurance company actually pays the doctors extra just to do that. HIPAA violations everywhere. The proof of these allegations will be in writing in your claims file.
A  29th of Oct, 2017 by
I am dealing with similar situations like some of the comments above. I wondering why the Government can't get involved and put Concentra out of business for good. Concentra lie, falsify documents and do whatever the Insurance wants. I suggest to all of you do not allowed Concentra to give you a life time of pain because the insurance companies has their hands in their pockets. Don't take it do something about it, Giants do fall.

Concentra Logo Concentra