Computershare / I am not able to access MY OWN FUNDS
I have an old stock account without much money in it. I moved several years ago and lost track of it. Apparently, Keane tracked me down and sent me a letter indicating that they correct the matter by changing my mailing address. The catch? It will cost me 10% of the total value of the stock. Mind you, they have my address b/c they sent me this letter.
I was able to call the old stock account and change my address over the phone. There was another option to contact Computershare if I want to transfer my funds. I am reluctant to do that based on the horror stories on this site.
How do I go about getting these funds that are rightfully mine? I would like to transfer them out, but am uncomfortable providing any information because it has all the markings of a scam.
Has anyone had any success getting access to their own money? Any recommendations on how to best achieve that? it sound not be this much work. I want my shares.
More Computershare Complaints & Reviews
- Computershare - Seems like a scam 
- Computershare Shareolder Services - Holding of share sales proceeds 
- Computershare - Stole my Stocks! 
- Computershare - Horrible experience 
- Computershare - Stole Money
- Computershare - customer service
- Computershare - payment not received 
- Computershare - website and multiple account issues 
- Computershare - they still haven't paid my money 
- Computershare - one of my common stock accounts doesn't show up on the screen.