Computershare

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 by

I am not able to access MY OWN FUNDS

I have an old stock account without much money in it. I moved several years ago and lost track of it. Apparently, Keane tracked me down and sent me a letter indicating that they correct the matter by changing my mailing address. The catch? It will cost me 10% of the total value of the stock. Mind you, they have my address b/c they sent me this letter.

I was able to call the old stock account and change my address over the phone. There was another option to contact Computershare if I want to transfer my funds. I am reluctant to do that based on the horror stories on this site.

How do I go about getting these funds that are rightfully mine? I would like to transfer them out, but am uncomfortable providing any information because it has all the markings of a scam.

Has anyone had any success getting access to their own money? Any recommendations on how to best achieve that? it sound not be this much work. I want my shares.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Savings & Investments

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree