Compass Van Lines / Moved and stored my belongings did not return all

I contracted a move from Bradenton Florida to Winter Park Florida, starting October, 2007 with my belongings going into storage for one month, and delivery the day before Thanksgiving 2007. I did all paperwork, lists and contracts via the intrenet. When I signed the ppapers on the day of the move, the movers tagged and counted all items. They also charged me for packaging supplies for several items I did not have prepared. When they delivered my items to Winter Park, the moving crew did not speak english, only one could be understood, they did not check the tags, nor count how many items were returned. When they said I needed to sign the reciept papers, that everything had been unloaded, is when I discovered my 3 month old flat screen tv was not returned to me. They told me I would have to file a complaint. I called and left a message, they returned my call the Friday after Thanksgiving and said they would check the warehouse. They never called, so that following Monday, I finally got a hold of the manager and he said that there was nothing left in the warehouse, but he said things may have gotten mixed up seeing as they only use cardboard to seperate peoplers belongings. He then gave me the telephone number for thier insurance company. They called me and told me what they needed from me and said that it would be as long as 90 days before they make a decision. Well, past the 90 days, I called them and they said they were waiting on the moving company, asked me questions on what was missing and broken, they then asked me if I had my orginal contract and the moving papers that I signed. I said I had the contract and the moving papers but not the recieving papers. They told me to make copies and fax them to them. I did this. Within two weeks I recieved a letter stating they were going to reimburse me 179.00 for 280 lbs of missing items. This is a joke seeing as I filed a complaint for over 4500.00. They have no idea how much was delivered back to me and my tv was less than 3 months old and worht over 2000.00 new. I have called them 4 times to try to bring this to arburtration, but can not get anyone but the receptionist. I need help with resolving this, Please.

Comments

• Gi
      8th of Nov, 2008

this is the most pice of garbage company that i ever new

• Au
      17th of Jul, 2009

THEY ARE THE WORST!! I AM TRYING TO GET AN ATTY THAT IS WORKING WITH ME.
    THEY ALSO RUINED MY STUFF TO THE TUNE OF OVER $10, 000 AND ALSO I HAD MISSING ITEMS.
    PLEASE CONTACT ME AND MAYBE WE CAN DO SOMETHING TOGETHER.
    THEY DID BUSINESS AS GLOBUS VAN LINES BEFORE THIS AND I WOULD BET THEY HAVE A NEW CORPORATION BY NOW TOO...BUT THEY CAN RUN BUT THEY CANNOT HIDE.
    THEY OFFERED ME $120 FOR MY STUFF