Comcast / cable card issues

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 404-Comcast

I am writing this as a last resort. Last week, I had an appointment to have a Cablecard installed into a TivoHD. The first appointment was a genuine no show, but after I called twice, they advised me that Comcast didnt have any Cablecards, resulting in the no show. I rescheduled the appointment for yesterday (Tuesday). They called early in the AM, indicating that they didnt have a Cablecard, but after I spoke with them a while, they told me that they would send someone out. The tech came and installed a card, but it turned out to be defective. He did not have any other cards with him.

I am scheduled for an install on the 1st of August. I would like someone to ensure that the tech will have a Cablecard available to install on that day? After speaking with dispatch 15 times, I have determined that the Cablecards are very difficult to obtain.

Tom Christner
Sandy Springs, GA

To

Comments

• Er
      29th of Sep, 2008

Cable card are tring to keep up with the sale of New HDTVs that also have a card slot. The Cards are also in several versions and Future HDTVs will have another version with almost the same feel as the DVT set top box. TIVO pairing with cards is not something for the faint of heart and the cards are in supply here and most be the huge population of Altlanta and 1000s of new TV sold weekly making them scarse.
    Sorry, I am sure this is a very real issue and hope you are using the service by now. The Tivo does not have ON-Demand programing and other Bi-directional services of the DCT. The HD-DVR can record two Channels at a time and can watch recorded video at the same time for a small monthly fee. I love mine!
    Thanks for the honesty of your submission and hope it is resolved now.