Coast Wholesale Appliances

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 by

a delivery on a fridge we ordered

Burlington, Ontario
Canada
We purchased a fridge and stove on August 23, 2017. There was a delay because the fridge was not in stocked we had to wait 4 weeks. The fridge was delivered with the stove but the fridge was the wrong delivered so this was returned and we excepted the stove.
They reordered the fridge and this came dented we reordered 2 more times and both times the fridge was dented again. We have since spoken to the store in which it was purchased and now we have waited another 4 weeks and no product. Both items were paid for in full August 23 and still not completed.

We were told there was a problem at the warehouse and so on and the excuses still continue we were actually told that they were told by Maytag to return the money to the visa and cancel the order. This is not the way to deal with a customer has been more then patient waiting on a fridge to be delivered in which has been paid for almost 3 months.

We have tried to contact Maytag thru phone and have gotten no where. I can not believe this is how Maytag does customer service this is seriously sad!

Please let us know where to go from here we are lost. The store we purchased from is Coast appliance on Appleby line in Burlington.

Please let us know we would expect a response and an investigation into this matter.

Home phone after 530 905-333-8267 email is robinmedeiros@msn.com

Robin
Complaint comments Comments (5)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Appliances

Comments

N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Hi Robin.

It sounds like you're quite frustrated; I can't say I blame you.

Maytag is owned now by Whirlpool; not that it makes any difference to you. It sounds as if you're wanting something that the retailer is simply unable to deliver. This isn't too say it's the retailer's fault. It could just as likely be a problem with getting the unit, undamaged, from Maytag.

Your options would be to decide if you were willing to accept a different brand and model of fridge, this staying with the same retailer. Or you find a different retailer to get the fridge through.

Best of luck.
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Shaun R. Frustrated is to say the least we just want what was paid for. If we wanted a dented fridge we would go to a place that carries a dented fridge at a discount but we purchased a new fridge and stove matching. The handle is not a common one so its hard to pick a different fridge to match the stove already received . I know it's not the appliance places fault but Maytag or Whirlpool should be accountable for the customer being able to receive a new indented product . Whoever is shipping or moving these items from factory to retailer should oviously learn how to handle products with care . Perhaps look for a new logistics company who can deliver with out damage . But regardless I feel 3 months is unacceptable anyway you cut it. The items have been paid in full for 3+ months and the wait is still on. ☹very sad!
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Hi, my name is Melanie, and I am contacting you on behalf of BRAND Corporation. We are sorry to learn of the delay with your appliances, Robin. You will want to contact your dealer regarding your options as they can offer further assistance to you.
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Wp2008 As dealer do you mean Maytag whirlpool because the retailer has contacted them several times on out behalf and we're still waiting. I feel we have been more then patient. Personally I will never ever purchase or refer another Maytag or whirlpool product to any one . Customer service is non existent. Very sad state of business and customer service . I just can't believe 3 fridges and all dented if we wanted a dented fridge we would go to a discounted store where the fridge was less due to the dent we purchased new and expect new. We are not blaming the retailer we are blaming the company Maytag for not backing the product and more so not backing the retailer who represent their products . Sad ☹really !
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@ezidro Also the retailer was told by Maytag "just give the customer their money back". How is that fixing the problem .
Thank you for your advice .

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree