Coast Dental / Patient Abuse

May 19, 2015
Coast Dental
19048 Bruce B Downs BLVD
Phone: 8139721201
This is beyond the worst dental are provider ever. The first visit they had me in the chair for over six hours for a scheduled visit- and no one communicated or checked in with me, and I had to ask what was going on. I was then told my services were "emergent", and my visit was taking longer than expected. I explained I had an appointment at 6 PM (mind you all of this first started at 9 AM with my regularly scheduled visit), and they assured me I would be gone by then. No- I wasn't. Every single emergency and scheduled patient who came in after me was treated while they left me in the chair with 50% of my services performed. I had to go find someone to find out what was going on. Then the secretary had to stay behind and help the dentist finish the services after hours and apologized profusely to me for what occurred and how I was treated. I was assured this was not how they did business. My husband was also receiving care there and one day he had something with him I needed for work. I went in and retrieved what I needed from him and the same woman who left me for hours at a time my first visit didn't realize our relationship and proceeded to bad mouth me to my husband. My husband told her, "that is my wife you hare talking about and if memory serves me correctly she had been left for hours in the chair untreated or unattended to. A few weeks later, I return to get my crown placed and was in a good mood for what should have been a 30 minute scheduled visit- but the same woman from the first visit (not the dentist - but is some type of assistance) was treating me- and again the same disrespectfully behavior and then leaving me for 45 minutes to an hour at a time without checking on me. No one ever explained what was happening- NOTHING- like I am supposed to magically know? She comes in at the end and says I have to sign paperwork to authorized the treatment from weeks ago. Paperwork I had previously signed- and have copies of at home, but they LOST! Then when she finishes she says I am done and can leave. As I go to head out the door she snaps at me in front of the receptionist that I cannot leave the office and have to finish my paperwork. Maybe if this dental employee communicated that I would have understood (?), but she was too busy being abusive to me through the entire process then went out of her way to continue being rude when I was headed out the door. Coast Dental sent me a survey and asked how the visit went, and I shared what happened - again. In return, I get sent a certified letter termination doctor- patient relationship! Telling me based off of how I BEHAVED during my last visit that the relationship was being terminated. Seriously? I told West Coast in writing via the survey I would not be back because of the continued abuse received by their staff and the violation of my patient confidentiality, and to add insult to injury of their unprofessional, unethical and abusive behavior they respond to me in writing terminating the relationship saying it was based off of my behavior? Companies like this and the people they employ should be help accountable for their actions and should not be allowed to do business.

A  12th of Sep, 2016 by
I used to work for coast many years ago they used to be a good company, but they got greedy. It's true coast doesn't give a crap all they care about is how much money they can get out of people, their managers are worthless losers, do yourself a favor and stay away from coast.

Coast Dental & Orthodontics Logo Coast Dental & Orthodontics