cmi financial group / lottery scam

1 5200 river drNiagara Falls, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 905-598-1921

received final notification of lottery winning with a check from huntington national bank in columbia, ohio for 3900.00 for taxes on my winnings of 39, 000.00. To contact Rose Adams or David Bell

More cmi financial group Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ki
      21st of Apr, 2009

I also got this exact same notification.

• Je
      21st of Apr, 2009

My wife got one too. She called and got instructions for depositing the "tax" check. We called The Huntington National Bank and had them check to see if it was valid. The answer was a definate "NO". We googled the Consumers Lottery and got the top hit (the URL is shown below). Thanks Francis and Kim for starting this thread.

26th of Apr, 2009

my name ismartine rainey i rercived the samke noticed about an week ago with the same check telling me the same thing i spoke with della bell and she told me t odeposit the check in my accout i think we shoiuld file an complait about this are thier should be something we dhould be able to do to stop this if any one haas any suggestion we should try something thsnk very helpful to me becsue i was gone to go ahead and give them this money

26th of Apr, 2009

• Jl
      5th of Aug, 2010

I just received the same thing, it is mind boggling how deceitful this letter is. It does not state anything that would make you think this is not real... especially because they use the Publisher Clearing House name.
    Usually you can always find some fine print somewhere to give a red flag. This shows no red flags, only that you won so much money, my brother is right... Nothing is free, not even a scam.
    Ridiculous what strengths people would go to to scam someone. I feel bad for anyone that has fell for this.

Apparently you can send scams like this straight to the government. I will look into and get back if i find something.

Thank you for starting this thread...

20th of Aug, 2010

I just recieved a leter from CMI Financial Group telling me I won $150, 000.00 from Publishing Clearing House and a Compensation draw Sweepstakes also known as North American Direct Sweepstakes with a check from Washington Oakes L.L.C (A Leisure Care Company 1717Rockefeller Avenue Everett, Wa 98201 US Bank 10800 NE 8th Street P.O. Box 988 Bellevue Wa 98009 in the amount of $3550.00 that they said was available to me to pay Non resident Govt Service Tax (HST) and insurance on the $150, 000.00 that they said I won. Well I am not stupid I did not initiate any Publishing Clearing House Sweepstake drawing. So they will not get me but I will make sure they get what is comming to them which is alot of jail time. This is a terrable thing to do to people.

• Jt
      21st of Aug, 2010

My husband received a check for this as well. I am contacting the attorney general's office, federal officers and the better business bureau This check was for $3550 from CMI Financial Group, 5600 Riverside Dr., Niagara Falls, ON H7J1T4. The check was on JP Moragan Chase of Columbia, OH; William-Thomas Group, 10795 Hughes Road, Cincinnati, OH; and Rumpke Consolidated Companies, Inc. This is a scam.

• Gr
      23rd of Aug, 2010

My husband got the same thing in the mail, I was going to call them and then I thought I would get online and check to see if anyone else got this in the mail. It seemed so real. This is awful. This has to stop. I'm glad I got online to check to check. Thanks!!

• Tc
      30th of Aug, 2010

I also received a check in the amount of $3550 for taxes on my $150, 000 winnings in the Publisher's Clearing house. Notice the lower case "h" Exactly how it appeared in the letter. Actually, my letter seems to be word-for-word the same as yours JTeach. I called the number and talked to a man with a thick African accent. Not being racist or anti-foreigner just made me question if he was really in Canada after all. Anyway, he told me to deposit the check and call back the following day for further instructions. I won't be doing that. I wonder, though does anyone know what I might do to report this scam? Who has any sort of jurisdiction over this stuff?