Clicksmart.com / Contract not honored

1 Austin, TX, United States Review updated:

As a small business owner to other small business owners, please do not use the services of CLicksmart.com. I do not wish this pain on anyone. They solicited me as so many SEO, and SEM companies do. I liked there services offered because they said they had an affiliation with Yahoo and Google. As my business grew and I recieved more and more solicitations, I learned everyone uses this phrase. I agreed to 6 month upfront in 2 categories. That is when it got really bad. The rep they gave me is totally incompitant and unable to even put a sentence together. Thier listing site is horrible, they posted my ad without my authorization, by pulling my logo off my site and using literature they made up. They never recieved my ad text to fix and will not reutrn my emails to fix. And lets not forget the costs, the first 6 months was over 3k. That was all the first 2 weeks. 4 months later, they never sent any analytics on my ad, I never recieved 1 lead, and now they are trying to run my credit card for renewal. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. CLICK SMART.com IS AN OVER PRICED THIRD PARTY PASS THROUGH SITE. THESE GUYS ARE LIARS, DO NOT PROVIDE A SERVICE, AND ARE NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH YAHOO and GOOGLE.

I AM ORGANIZING A GROUP FOR LAWSUIT PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR COMPLAINTS AND LETS FIGHT THIS TOGETHER. IT IS UNFORTUNATE WHERE THE SEO AND SEM MARKETING PROACTICES HAVE GONE.

Ad

Comments

Da
  27th of Nov, 2008

Same story here. We have filed a complaint with the better business bureau and they have not responded. I am considering canceling my credit card but do not want a hit against my credit. We would love to be part of a class action lawsuit, as we believe there are solid grounds for one and have found many victoms of the "clicksmart scam"

Th
  30th of Nov, 2008

I agree fully sounds like my experience with them I had the number changed on my CC, do that thru the bank. One montth and all the great promises, had one call, DAMED if they'll ever see another cent of my oney.

Jo
  24th of Dec, 2008

I am with you, Some guy Ian called me and had me on the phone for a long time, telling me that they were also affiliated with yahoo and that they would be sending us more business than we could handle, I never agreed to their services and they spoke to my wife, who is not a part of my buisnesss and she gave them my account information and they started taking money from me, Sad thing is not even once have we ever even received a phone call from their lowsy site I had the bank stop reverse the transactions because I had never authorized them I am proceeding to get a lawer to file suit against them

Ha
  21st of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Interesting commentary, I have had great service with them and my business has doubled over the past year. I am a handyman and servicemagic wasn't doing it for me. I guess I can't join in on your lawsuit.

Je
  22nd of Jan, 2009

Small contractor out of New Hampshire having the same issues. The numbers they have provided me are no longer in service, working on dealing with BBB and Attorney General. What a rip off. Tempted to fly out there and take care of business one on one.

Ma
  25th of Jan, 2009

I just canceled and my bank is attempting to reverse the charges. Anyone know what happens when you cancel? Report credit, do they try to sue? I can't remember if they take social security numbers or not, did they ask for yours? Thanks

Ma
  27th of Jan, 2009

Hey Handy Guy, are you sure you dont work for them ? I had the exact same experience, filed a complaint with the better business bureau & finally gave up after I went back & forth with them for over a month. They ended up charging me almost $4, 000.00 over the course of a year & I didnt get a single lead. Their performance report was completely false. What I really felt was misleading was that initially they put up listings of non existent & non paying contractors on their site to lead you to believe that there were a lot of other people using the service. They admitted this to me when I noticed that the listings changed over time. Biggest rip off I ever fell victim to.

Wi
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Clicksmart.com - Not delivering on promised service
clicksmart

Clicksmart promised me 500 hits on my website per month. I THOUGHT I was in for a 3 month trial. It turned out I was in for 12 months. When I told my "rep" that their service was not performing and I would not be renewing he said that I "had noi choice" that I had a 1 year contract. I stopped payment on this service and now they want to take me to collections. While I was discussing this the "rep" got angry and hung up on me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNPROFFESIONAL SCAM!!!

Ru
  5th of Feb, 2009

I to have been a victim of clicksmart. Jason Hull is that rudest person I have ever done business with. I am in for any kind of action agianst them. I contacted all three contracters in my service group in our area and none of them have recieved any work from clicksmart. What a joke they are.

Zo
  12th of Feb, 2009

Oh Man... this happend to me too. I am so mad. When they first called me I was on the phone for an hour and I asked them so many times that if I want can I cancel, and they played around it but my understanding was yes, I can cancel. It's only been a month and I have not got but one email from a customer, who was not even so interested afterall. When I called customer service I left a message and they called me back after a couple of days and the lady Stephanie I think her name was, she pissed me off. She was a real bi**ch. I told her listen, I need to cancel this is not working out and she said "Oh well that's not my problem, you signed up and you will pay for at least a year." Clicksmart is a terrible company, and its a scam, and I would love to joint a class action lawsuit against them.

7th of Mar, 2009

This happened to my father in law too. How can we get in the lawsuit? I am all for it.

7th of Mar, 2009

Same thing happened to my father in law. How can we get in on the lawsuit against these people? Thanks

Mc
  12th of Mar, 2009

I cancelled my debit card and closed my account. I got no leads at all. Dumb enough to stick with it for almost 5 months. Don't be in denial you have been had! Jason Hall is full of threats. He is the one that needs to be worried. There are many others like us that are still getting victimized. Let's all contact the Texas Attorney General's Office. http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml

21st of Mar, 2009

Guys I used to work in the "Clients Services Dept", yeah right! - Should be the "Clients THREATS Dept"

They WILL NOT report you or send you to collections, TRUTH IS - THERE IS NO COLLECTIONS DEPARTMENT. It is a part of the elaborate scam. The collections Dept is just another member of a very small staff, sat in a very small room not 10 feet from the sales people. They DO NOT report to the credit reporting agencies (that would cost them too much money, and would involve WAY to much effort, management and organization that does NOT exist) It is ALL threats.

Sure they may attempt to challenge you with your credit card company by formally disputing once you stop payment. TRUST ME, thats the best they got. Make a big enouh stink, make enough complaining phone calls to "Client Services" and negative blog posts - They will get fed up with you, realize your too much of a "pain in the ###", and cancel your service with ABSOLUTLEY no negative results attributed to your hard earned credit rating.

In the current economic environment, it is deplorable that parasites like these idiots continue to prey on hard working, honest business people.

It is a complete, utter, undeniable SCAM.

Fe
  25th of Mar, 2009

I just first want say I am sorry that you good people got ripped off, as if there isn't enough of this crap happening already. Thanks for your comments, at the very least you have saved me the grief as I will do no business with these crooks.

Jc
  10th of Apr, 2009

We are also getting screwed! Not on lead and they wanted $1600 for all the leads generated. My husband told them to jump off a bridge and then maby he would concider it! We canceled our card and filing a suit. Who do we contact in this class action that somebody was talking about on this site?

Er
  16th of Apr, 2009
Clicksmart.com - Charges money and does not deliver
E. L. Nilsen Construction
South Florida
Florida

Clicksmart is a total loss. They never delivered the service promised. I called and canceled. I just received another month charge. I will fight this with my card company.NO MORE!!!

Sc
  20th of Apr, 2009

Thanks everyone they called me today. I thought i should check them out before doing buisness with them. Thanks again to all here youve made this disission an easy one.

Wa
  22nd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I agree with all of you. We got scammed by "Butch" the salesman. He told us they where part of Yahoo and guaranted us that customers would call. We haven't recevied one phone call at all. And every time you call them you get some rude person. I can't recall any names besides Butch and a Jason, forgot the last name.

It hurts because we are a small carpet cleaning company here in South Florida. And in these tough times we don't want to dish out any money to anybody that won't deliver. And yes we where dumb enough to stick with so far, but no more. We are cancelling the credit card right now. To bad we didn't check this web site before we signed up with that bogus company. Warren

Da
  12th of May, 2009

Yes I agree I was scamed also. They told me about all the business I would get but haven't recieved one call or lead. I had to stop payment on my checking. It has been four months. I would like imfo on suit.