Clearwire / Unfair billing practices
I have been a Clearwire customer for almost a year now and I have been happy with the service. Recently, my apartment was burglarized and in addition to having my personal things taken, my Clearwire modem was also stolen. I called the company and asked them what I should do. The first time I called the representative that I spoke with was very unhelpful. She told me that it didn’t matter how I lost the modem; I would have to pay for the modem plus the cost to suspend or terminate the service. After telling the lady repeatedly that I was burglarized and that it wasn't my fault, I asked to speak with her manager. She would not put me in contact with her manager and told me that I could either pay for a replacement modem and/or pay the disconnect and early termination fee.
A few days later I got in contact with Clearwire's retention department and I was told to fax my copy of the police report to their department. Later I received an email saying that a new modem would be shipped to my house.
When the modem came I hooked it up but there was no signal. I called Clearwire and they told me that I would have to pay $100 to turn the modem on. At the time when I sent the retention department did not tell me that I would have to $100 to turn the modem on.
I am very upset with Clearwire. I was violated and victimized when my apartment was robbed and I feel like Clearwire is victimizing me again. I could understand paying the $100 fee if I was at fault for losing the modem, but I was not.
The company has refused to refund me the $100 even though I did not lose the modem.
More Clearwire Complaints & Reviews
- Clearwire - Cheating customers! 
- Clearwire - Clearwire believes World Of Warcraft is abuse of their system! 
- Clearwire - Clearwire Deceptive Practice 
- Clearwire - Won't cancel service and submits us to debt collector 
- Clearwire - refund of activation fee 
- Clearwire - Phone & Internet service
- Clearwire - Really bad service 
- Clearwire - Fraud 
- Clearwire / Clear - Broken Modem- they don't care
- Clearwire - por service/cancellation tactics