CJ Industries / Charge for the free trial!

Like obviously many before I ordered Hoodiaxs from CJ Industries - the trial for $3.99. Even though their terms and conditions tell you that they will autoship after the first trial it also says that within 30 days you can cancel the order. Not even 3 weeks after I ordered and received the trial I got my credit card report which showed not just the $3.99 taken off by CJ Industries but also an additional $39.99 just 2 weeks later. I never ordered anything else nor did I ever receive any further products. So I wrote an email to the company telling them that I never ordered anything else, never received anything else and would like to get my money back. They send this pretty rude email back:

Sales CJ Industries wrote: please read the terms and conditions you agreed to when you ordered the trial
> > www.hoodiaxs.com
> > autoship canceled as of today, but there will no refunds as you agreed to the terms and conditions that you chose not to read before agreeing to them. We have 1000s of customers who read what they sign up for and like it.

My response:

Good for them. But I thought "autoship" would mean to receive a product. I didn't. All I got was a credit card report and my sample on the 22nd of June. And replying with a sort of rude email is not making it better that $39.99 were taken off my account for no product. Then you should chose to read your own terms and conditions were it's stated that you would ship out a product to the customer. Thanks for taking me off the autoship list. Nevertheless am I not paying for something I haven't ever received! So far about your statement that I chose not to read your terms and conditions.

Their response:

Sales CJ Industries <sales@cj-industry.com> wrote: tracking numbers will be forwarded to you later this afternoon showing delivery

Funny though that I really haven't received a product. Never ever even received a confirmation email which they sure were able to sent out for the ordered the trial. It taught me a good lesson: Not to make business with them anymore. If I order a trial I want to a) have the chance to cancel any further "orders" and b) don't want to get charged for something I didn't want and even DIDN'T get and c) don't want to get rude emails back from a business that messed up their shipments. All in all I am upset and angry. I don't think customers should be treated like this.

Oh and their additional email:

Every one of those customers didn't read the terms and conditions before they agreed to them, goto the ftc.gov website, we are doing everything according federal trade commission guidelines

This is all correspondence within 2 hours of just one day. At least they take their time to answer emails. haha!

Comments

• Ki
      19th of Nov, 2006

I would really like if someone can tell me how to get in contact with customer service for cj.industry, i bought the trial bottle of Hoodiaxs for 3.99 also and i am trying to cancel out the auto order but it seems as though im going around in circles trying to find customer service so an e-mail address or accurate web address will be very helpful to me. thanks

18th of Dec, 2006

Has anyone obtained a phone number to cancel their orders.
    No one at cj-industry will give any information other then"we are informed not to take calls for this product" HELP

4th of Jan, 2007

I need to know how to cancel my order

• Wa
      8th of Feb, 2007

I ordered a FREE trial of their hoodia, found that it had a negative effect on me, and tried to cancel the next shipment. They still charged me, and since it was on my wife's credit card, I let it go through. I am now talking to a lawyer about their shipping me something I had already told them was noxious to my health.

• Lo
      23rd of Feb, 2007

No phone number! No way to contact anyone! No way to cancel! You people are very slick its bull crap!

• Be
      2nd of Mar, 2007

What ever you do, make sure you do not do any business with these scammers. You will lose 70.00 or more and they make there products non returnable non refundable when it is received. There trail size will end up costing you a $100.00 or more. I have been buying on the internet since 1990 and it is the first and last time I have been scammed out of money. Someone needs to shut this business down.

• Wi
      17th of Mar, 2007

Received bottle of Omega tablets today which I did not order. Originally sent for 30 day sample @ $6.99. Do not charge me for this as I am returning it and advising my credit card company to not honor any charge for this

18th of Jun, 2007

I bought the free trial 1-4-07. The auto-ship was charged 1-3-07 at $49.99. I did receive the bottle. The stuff doesn't even work. Now I have received an e-mail from this company stating that I never ordered the auto-ship and I am being turned over to collections. There is no phone number so I had to argue back and forth by e-mail. I talked to my credit card company and they showed this company charged my credit card of $49.99 on 1-3-07. Now they are telling me I had a dispute on it which is a lie. My credit card company said there was no dispute. I even asked them how do you order a auto-ship when that means it is automatically charged with out ordering? They couldn't answer me. I had canceled after the first order also and I had received and e-mail showing it was canceled and everything was taken care of. Don't fall for this scam company. Save your money.

• Mb
      22nd of Jun, 2007

I never received any product, and was billed on a regular cycle. I was able to have my credit card credited. Then today, I received a collection letter for 40+ dollars plus interest. This company is not doing business legally. I suggest you file a complaint with the ftc. I already did. Also, I am ready to file suit in PA. So, I will get a default judgment. Transfer same, and collect. If I file it will be for the max amount, in small claims court. Also create a report on /link removed/ For their phone number (cjind), look on your credit card statement. Don't use customer service, leave a message on the creeps voicemail. Until his box is full...

• Kh
      6th of Aug, 2007

I have also gone through an ordeal today. I haven't done any business with these "people" for over a year. I received a phone call saying that I owed them over a hundred dollars in outstanding charges. I ordered one bottle of breast xl, was auto shipped another. I e-mailed them and made them cancel it. No charges since then, nothing on my credit card statement. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! My sympathies for every one else.

• La
      7th of Aug, 2007

I ordered a trial Hoodia for my mother. TEN MINUTES after I ordered I e-mailed a cancellation telling them DO NOT SEND THIS ORDER. I received an email back and it said it had already been shipped. Next my mother received a bill for around $64.99 and said if she did not pay this they would send it to a collection agency. She had not even received the 2nd bottle. After several letters she finally sent in the $64.99 just to get them off her back. Now one year later a collections agency called and said she owed $70.00 to CJ Industries.

HOW DID I CONTACT CJ INDUSTRIES AFTER I PLACED MY ORDER

I knew immediately I wanted to cancel this order and could not get a hold of CJ Industries. I had my sister e-mail them a question about placing an order and they responded within minutes. We replied with. Now that we know this is a good e-mail address please cancel our order.

• Be
      7th of Aug, 2007

I bought a bottle from cj-industry last year and paid for the whole entire order. I just received a call today (6aug, 07) from a collection agency asking for $99. I would like to know how to contact consumer fraud agencies so that they can come to my aid. This is preposterous. No one from cj- industry contacted me before forwarding my account to the collection agency. Is there a way i can sue both cj and the collection agency for ruining my credit. (email me at stolwal@yahoo.com)

7th of Aug, 2007

This company has sent a collection agency regarding a bill for $68. for 5/06. I received the free trial then canceled this. I was again charged on my credit card for future orders which I never received. Now they say over a year later that I owe them money. For what???

• Tr
      7th of Aug, 2007

I also received a phone call from a collection agency stating I owe $67.63 from 2006. I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the company has 14 days to resolve the situation. I highly suggest that everyone do this even if you have already paid. Ask for a refund. This is a scam. It sounds like the company may be in financial trouble and thought it could scam past customers into paying what they do not owe.

• Op
      7th of Aug, 2007

My wife also got a collections call even though we allowed them to bill the full amount(s) required under the terms. CJ Industry is clearly a scam profiteer.

Their info from the State of California is below:

Agent for Service of Process
    JEFFREY R WHITEMAN
    7223 CHURCH ST STE A-20 331
    HIGHLAND, CA 92346

Nevada Corporations are tough to crack but this is available:

Director - CHRIS STAFFORD

Address 1: 1306 WEST WHITEMAN A 20-331 Address 2:
    City: HIGHLAND State: CA
    Zip Code: 92346 Country:
    Status: Active Email:

I recommend FTC & Better Business Bureau complaints first. The collection agency apparently is online @ paymybill.com. Also complain to BBB online about them.

• Na
      8th of Aug, 2007

I think all of you are right about this company trying to scam people , they are trying to tell me I owe $114 from two years ago. I payed online with a card and was not on autoship so how could I owe anything. I am going to complain to BBB also.
    By the way the customer service # for C J Industries is 1-888-2816429.

• Re
      8th of Aug, 2007

I also am having trouble with this company. A year ago I ordered a trial bottle and then canceled. They told me I had to order another regular priced bottle, so I did that and then canceled the autoship program. I never received any other products or had any other charges on my card, then two days ago I got a call from a collections agency saying I owed them $94.99. I emailed sales@cj-industry.com to ask what exactly this charge was for as I am not on the autoship program and have not gotten anything from them. I received a rude email back with no real answer just saying that I didn't meet the terms or I disputed a charge. What can we do about this scam company?

• La
      8th of Aug, 2007

THE EXACT SAME THING is happening to me. A collection agency told me i owe cj-industries $101 dollars. They're saying i disputed the charges. Which is all false.

Birmingham, AL.

• Cj
      10th of Aug, 2007

Please read the terms you agreed to completely:

We followed the terms that you agreed to, you can not order trial without first agreeing to these terms. You were turned over to collections for not fulfilling the terms you agreed to or for disputing a charge for product you received that we have tracking number showing.

If you feel you did not receive product contact us so we can send the tracking number showing delivery of product.

• Cj
      10th of Aug, 2007

Wiliam Holloway why are you posting this when in fact you know you were removed from collections and we stated this was an error on our part? Please post factual information.