Cinemark / wrong showtime dates

1 3200 Klose WayRichmond, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (510) 758-9626

I went online Wednesday Evening to Cinemark web site. Looked at showtimes and saw Darknight Showtimes for Thursday July 17 2008 @ 12:01am, 12:05am, etc. Called some friends and drove over to the theater excited to watch the movie. Turns out, the movie was not showing until Friday 18 2008 @ 1201am, 1205am, etc. I talked to an employee at the cimemark location about the situation. The employee said, that was the way things were done to avoid confusion. I told her that it was the wrong date being advertised and she agreed. Apparently not everyone is good with dates that include 12:01am.

Would anyone know if I can file a formal complaint for False Advertisement. Cinemark thinks is ok to alter dates and times, and confuse individuals who actually pay attention to correct dates.

Comments

• Mo
      23rd of Aug, 2008

You idiot!! Everyone knows that when you go see a midnight show, it is the Thursday night before the Friday opening. Maybe you should have contacted someone before gathering up your friends. It's people like you that make invalid complaints to our theaters at Cinemark, which in return are required by us to be responded to in order for the "valued" guest to receive free movie passes. Get a grip on reality and be informed properly. Remember, it is better to not be informed at all than to misunderstand.

• Mo
      23rd of Aug, 2008

Oh, and one more thing. I know for sure that the times posted on the internet said "Late Thursday Evening". You have got to be kidding me when you expect some sort of response to compensate your brused ego. Go to the complaint board and let me know what they say. I hope they laugh at you and dismiss your claim as invalid as I think you are.