CIC Triple Advantage / Charges of 12.00 never authorized!

I went on line to request a "free" credit report as advertised on TV. I paid $2495 for the report. Then a charge of 12.00 dollars started to appear on my debit card. I have called the company and canceled the so called membership I never applied for in the first place. I also alerted my bank. These people need to be shut down.

Comments

• Tr
      20th of Mar, 2007

I'm going through the same problems with CIC Triple Advanta. I've notified my bank and hoping they have some options for me to try since mine aren't working.

• Sh
      21st of Mar, 2007

I went on line to request a "free" credit report as advertised on TV. I paid $24.95 for the report. Then a charge of $12 just showed up on my next credit card bill.

• Do
      23rd of Mar, 2007

I went to FreeCredit report over a month ago. It didn't offer me any assistance. Contacted them to close account. Now CIC Triple Advantage is charging 12.00 on the March 5 on my charge card. I asked this to be closed it didn't offer anything for me to keep account. I want my money back they was told to close account this was done within 2 weeks of signing up it was a joke and wasn't able to access credit info. I want my money back. IT was a joke and a LIE!!!

28th of Mar, 2007

I never authorized $12 a month to be taken out of my debt card. Yet the cic triple advantage, does it anyway. I'm going to call the better business bureau an complain.

• Al
      30th of Mar, 2007

My wife and i went on line for a free credit report and what we got monthly is a withdrawal from our bank account and i want to know how to stop payment on these amounts being withdrawn from our account. It 12.95 each month and that gets expensive every month i don't even know that happened all we wanted was the free report. Thank you.

10th of Apr, 2007

I also just received a $12.95 charge onto my debit account! I did not authorize or sign up for anything! OBVIOUSLY, I am NOT the ONLY one having this problem.

• Cu
      10th of Apr, 2007

On 4/7/07 CIC Triple Advantage billed my credit card company , Bank of America, for $12.95. I never entered into an agreement with this company nor do I need their credit card reports! This was supposed to be a free yearly credit card report that was advertised on the Yahoo home page some weeks ago. If I could find out their phone number and/or address I would contact them to cancel this bogus charge to my credit card.

• Ri
      16th of Apr, 2007

I went on line to get a free credit report which I could not get printed out. Now I just received my card statement and found a $12.00 charge on it which I did not approve. I think this is a big scam.

19th of Apr, 2007

IT IS SERIOUSLY A SCAM! When I called they had told me that when you sign up to get your free credit report and if then you choose to up grade to get the 3 for 24.95 that you have to call back with in the alloted time to not get enrolled into the membership program. I found that my mentioning the complaint board and filing a law suit that the representative was quick to solve the problem.

21st of Apr, 2007

This company needs to be shut down. It is a big scam. My wife brought it to my attention and she assumed I had setup so kind of service to be debited out of the account as I researched it we found, that we had been charged for over 7 months.

• Sn
      22nd of Apr, 2007

I have been checking my bank account and there are at least 2 withdrawals of $12 each which I have not authorized.

• Te
      25th of Apr, 2007

I've been getting charged for 12 dollars for which i have never had service for. It keeps being taken out of my account and i don't know how to stop it. Someone please help.

29th of Apr, 2007

An unauthorized CIC Triple Advantage charge of $12.00 appeared on my VISA credit card statement.

• Se
      29th of Apr, 2007

I get charged 12.95 on my credit card for something that is supposed to be free. How do i stop this?

• Su
      2nd of May, 2007

I am noticing a monthly charge of $12 on my credit card. I do not recall signing up for this or do not know what it is for.

• Ke
      2nd of May, 2007

Billing me $12.00 a month for monitoring, I want to cancel and have no resource by which to do so...

• Be
      5th of May, 2007

On 5/2/07, I called the above mentioned company regarding $12.00 charges for their reports. Per their representative, they will cancel and refund me $24.00 for the months of April & May within 7 to 10 days. Still pending!

I did not apply for membership and not sure how this all occurred. Know I had tried to get the free credit report as advertised on tv but now is the question how someone got my debit card no. in order to charge my checking account monthly of $12.00. I am confused.

7th of May, 2007

I paid nothing for the 1st credit report, and now I have a $12 fee on my Visa. Oh this pisses me off. Because of it, I received $112 in overdraft fees in my bank account. Son of a gunderson.

11th of May, 2007

I signed up for triple advantage credit card report through (freecreditreport.com) after watching several commercials on TV. I signed up for the free trial and forgot about the trial. Well it recurred 1 month and I got charged for 1 month of, $12.95. No biggie I tried to cancel the account by calling 877-4816825, and according to the rep, the account was canceled. Well after couple months later, I realized it never got cancelled! I call the same number 877-4816825 but it was always busy or gave me message saying there was no one there. I managed to get the number of the parent company, consumer info of 1-888-888-8553. According to the rep of this number, I did call the previous rep before, but I never cancelled the account. She said according to the record, I wanted to continue the service. What the hell!? why would i call the rep just to say I want to continue the service??? Well this time she assured the account is cancel and she even gave me a reference number, and said I will get a confirmation email. Overall I got charged 12.95 five times for getting to view my "free credit report" once.

• Mi
      18th of May, 2007

I was just going through my direct deposits on my account and I came across the same CIC Triple Advanta bill for $12.95 and I connected to the "Free" credit Report I received. What kind of bogas crap is this, I dont even know what Im paying for. I found this web site in search of the official web site, its not every day you find out your being cheated. Now lets see if I can cancel this crap.