CIC CE Credit Report / Charging $12.95 a month out of checking account

They have charged $12.95 a month out of my checking account for the past two months. I DON'T WANT A CREDIT REPORT SERVICE! Just looked into free credit report to see what was entailed, and all of the sudden they are taking out money every month. Don't need it..don't want it. How do we get rid of them??

Comments

• Ta
      16th of Oct, 2007

They have been charging since last December 06. I have called them every month and it continues to charge my acct $12.95. What a nightmare??? This is unbelievable and what a rip off. Please advise??? Something has got to be done to stop this scam???

• Gi
      23rd of Oct, 2007

I am having the same problem with this company. I thank Mitch Roper for providing the the telephone number. I am on the phone with them now. I hate this. They are thieves. Just so you know they are from www.freecreditreport.com. Apparently even if you cancel within the 30 day trial period they keep your information and charge you whenever they feel like it. I have a credit card hold on my checking account for $12.95.!! BEWARE!!!

29th of Oct, 2007
    CIC Triple Advantage / FreeCreditReport.com - Unauthorized charges for 3 months

I signed up for a free credit report through Freecreditreport.com. Then the charges began to roll in at $12.95 every month. I requested a cancellation of my account that apparently fell on deaf ears. After 3 months of charges, I eventually had to escalate my request via phone to a supervisor. The number called was 8774816825. The hold was lengthy, but well worth it. I guess I'll see next month if the charge still shows up.

• Kr
      30th of Oct, 2007
    CIC Triple Advantage - Unauthorized charges for 3 months

It has been well over a month that I was even expecting to have a look at my FREE credit report. Of which I have never recieved. To my surprise I am having money withdrawn out of my account. How is this even possible for this to happen. so pissed off !!!!!!

• Mi
      10th of Nov, 2007

I was charged twice on my account for the same amount of $12.00. Once on 10/20/07 and again on 11/10/07. I never authorized these charges and I see I'm not the only one that has this complaint.

• Al
      14th of Nov, 2007

They keep taking money from me without my permission!

• Da
      23rd of Nov, 2007
    CIC Triple Advantage/ FreeCreditReport.com - Credit card fraud
    CIC Triple Advantage
    Georgia
    www.freecreditreport.com

They have done the same thing to my fiance'. Lucky he caught it within 3 moths of the first charge. He called and cancelled and then raised a little hell until they refunded the last charge. Then he disputed the other 2 moths with his credit card company. I found it funny that when he gave the name on the statement to the costomer rep. she immediatly knew it was free credit report. com, without even looking it up on the computer!! She immediatly refunded the other 2 months and blocked CIC from charging him again. Looks like Bank of America has dealt with them before......and I wouldn't be surprised if they have sued CIC. My fiance' did some checking on the net and found that there are lawsuits against CIC in 6 different states already!! I just want everyone to know that if you stay persistant with CIC and your credit card company, you can get ALL of your money back.

• St
      2nd of Dec, 2007

The same thing happened to me, this is totally deceiving. I saw their commercial on network TV so I assumed they were legit. Please stay away from freecreditreport.com.

• Po
      10th of Dec, 2007

They took $11.95 per month on my debit card without my authorization for about one year! How can I get my money back? Thank you very much!

• Li
      11th of Dec, 2007

I got hit TWICE!!! They got my checking accounts for $11.95 and $12.95 each month!!! I called and canceled, but got charged AGAIN the very next day!!! THIS is TRULY a scam!!!

• Ke
      11th of Dec, 2007

I would like my money back, for 2 months now you have been taking it out of my checking account and was not authorized to take 12.95 each month, that is wrong and I will do everything in my power to stop people like you...

• Th
      12th of Dec, 2007

This is bullcrap! This is happening to me too! What is this all about?

• Er
      17th of Dec, 2007

I also got ripped off on a 30 day trial at www.freecreditreport.com. We called and cancelled before the 30 days and got charged anyway. I called and complained they said we had NOT called to cancel and that they would be charging us anyway. PERIOD!!

The US Attorney General needs to intervene with this company!!!

• We
      18th of Dec, 2007

Same thing here also, all I wanted was my free credit report and they started charging me and can find no way to stop it.

• St
      21st of Dec, 2007

I guess i'm joining a large poplulation of victims here....i called the 800-388-8725 number provided above by mitch - thanks - they admitted to be connected with freecreditreport.com this is terrible to take advantage of consumers this way! I cancelled the membership, but i'm filing a dispute with my bank!

• To
      22nd of Dec, 2007
    CIC CE Credit Report - Unauthorized charges for 3 months
    CIC CE Credit Report
    Tennessee

I have been charged monthly since i did a free look at my report. Finally got a hold of them. But had quite a few charges without my notification.

• Do
      1st of Jan, 2008

I was just checking my account and of course balance was not what it suppose to be so I just thought that the bank just added wrong (not) becuase it was saying that I had less but wasnt showing what was took out so I call the bank and they tell me that there was 12.95 took for a credit report and what was so bad I havent even gotten a report so yes these folks got the wrong one I want my money back and if they take anymore money Im going to slap a suit on them, Ive read some of the comments that you all say that they say when you call them well Im calling them tomorrow and they best not tell me that they are going to keep taking my money.

• Xx
      2nd of Jan, 2008

This is the most ridiculous scam I have ever experienced. I had to receive a credit report because of identity theft and never new that I was getting into this. I had to google to see what triple advatange was. The first link that came up was this one....what does that have to say about freecreditreport.com? I think that if I signed up for something I would know what I was paying for. The things people do to take your money is absolutely insane.

• Ra
      2nd of Jan, 2008

I am having the same problem!! I TRIED to access my credit report through freecreditreport.com and and for whatever reason wasnt able to. NOW I am being charged $12.95 for the past two months when I didnt sign up for any services AND havent even got to check my credit report! Has anyone had any luck stopping the charges? I already dont intend on getting any money back but I would like to at least stop them from takng anymore!

5th of Jan, 2008

I struggled with this company as well- If anyone else is struggling and wants to cancel this membership- CALL 1-877-481-6826. The name of the business is CIC Triple Advantage.