Chevy Chase Bank / Discrimination at work place

1 7501 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814, Bethesda, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 301 987 2265

Chevy Chase Bank and its senior management discriminates when it comes to promotions and employee salary increases. This is "most" apparent in regions run by Denise Pope, Robert (Bob) Brown, Suzanne Rossetti, and Dana Belgrave. These people think they have a single bureaucracy in the bank since the bank was run by a single person in B.F. Saul. I have one request from the CEO of Capital One, Sir, please remove these old fashion people that has no impact to the bank and also who has outdated visions, and in addition that does not take care of their employees. The bank has so much money to spend on other things even during hard economic conditions but when it comes to cut backs it comes from their lower level hard working work force. Recently they reduced and made it harder to earn commissions for its employees. They keep placing barriers for employees and at the same time spending ridiculous amounts of money on other things where they could be spending on their biggest asset "front line employees". One last thing..."Chevy Chase Bank its not a place for employees, hope it changes with Capital One"...

Ro

Comments

• Ka
      4th of Sep, 2009

We should just eliminate Chevy Chase Bank altogether, I am in the process of getting rid of my account because they've treated me so poorly as a customer. They are the worst financial institution and I'd warn anyone not to bank with them.

• Ne
      9th of Oct, 2009

I agree. Lump Barbara Scottland, Branch Manager of the Highbridge Shoppes, Bowie, MD into this catagory. She discriminates customers. Her management just sweep things under the carpet and don't care. Maybe Capital One will clean house.

• K6
      30th of Jan, 2010

I could not agree more!!

I was an Asst. Manager there and was up for promotion and lost out on my interview because I was playing Branch Manager at TWO branches. My DM refused to help me get another interview for the training program. After forgiving that, I continued to do everything asked of me so I could be considered again. This put me in the back office on a special project. When lay-offs came I got let go for not making my numbers. I was in the contact center, where my DM put me, how could I have made my numbers?

My best to the ones that remain. I hope whatever Capital One does makes your job easier to handle.

• Cl
      4th of Feb, 2010
    Chevy Chase Bank - Simply awful
    Chevy Chase Bank
    chevychasebank.com

This is awful "noba" at silver spring location she gave me a poor service just because she need to return a phone call to a guy call musthaffa, what kind of service this people are offering.stay away from this location.

• Pa
      21st of Apr, 2010
    Chevy Chase Bank - An example of why the banks are in such dire conditions
    Chevy Chase Bank
    chevychasebank.com

I have been a Chevy Chase Bank Visa card member since 2004. When I first obtained the Visa card, it was at a modest interest rate. In March of 2004 I was in Iraq, coming under mortar fire, being shot at, and had my convoy stopped three times for road side bombs to be detonated. I was late in making a payment to Chevy Chase Bank Credit Card in March of 2004 and my interest rate went up to approximately 29.99%. I have called multiple times to request that the interest be lowered and each time am told that because of that late payment in March of 2004, nothing can be done to lower my rate, despite the fact that I have been making on time payments and significantly reduced the total amount on the card. I have even been told that Chevy Chase Bank Visa is not a charity and that because of the recently enacted rules and regulations by Congress, they can not lower my rate. I find the first statement insulting and the latter statement questionable.

I have asked that an account manager call to discuss this and have been told that one would call within 24 – 48 hours, but no one ever calls. It is further distressing to been shown this degree of disrespect and gives the appearance that Chevy Chase Bank customers are only there to be gouged for profit making and not as a type of partnership that is mutually and respectfully beneficial for both Chevy Chase Bank and their customers.

Chevy Chase Bank absolutely refuses to lower the rate and blames Congress, my ineptitude in not making a payment while my life is in danger, and on the economy. This is simply not how one should do business and is an example of why the banks are in such dire conditions.

• Gr
      18th of Mar, 2011
    Chevy Chase Bank - Credit Card
    Kentucky

I recently recieved a letter from you concerning a credit card that is unpaid. I do not or never had a credit card with Chevy Chase bank. If this is in reguards to any account from 2002, I know that the statute of limitations on this type debt in N.C. is 7 years. Like I said before I never have had an account with this bank. The account number is 9401052958, PRA ref.#.I will dispute this and any other credit card issued prior to 2002. Thank you.

• Mi
      8th of Jun, 2011

I agree that in Chevy Chase Bank - there was a lot of politics involved. If you deserved a raise or a promotion; you would really need to know your DM on personal basis & also use just big words to get ahead. Capital One Bank have implemented several changes & what I admire about them is "VOICE of Associate" mail box - where anyone can raise their concern & it is heard. The Mid-Atlantic region is still run by a few old timers, but there is certainly a behavioral change & if it continues to progress in the positive direction then it is Ok to give 'em a chance.