Chevron Bad Gas / bad gas

4021 So. Maple
I have recently had a major problem with a particular Chevron Gas Station here in Fresno at 4021 So. Maple. I put $5 worth a regular gas & within 10 minutes my car was bogging down spurting & cutting out. I could not even start it the next day & my mechanic had to tow it into his shop. He noticed that I had put Diesel Gas in my car & told me that it would cost $500 to fix. I went back to that station thinking maybe I made a mistake & put in the wrong gas, but the nozzle couldn't even fit so it would be impossible for that mistake to happen.
I took the receipt to my gas & Mechanic's bill to Mike Martin at the Chevron office & he denied me. I know without a doubt that I put Diesel Gas in my tank from this station!
I was told that 7-8 Months ago that the same thing happened to many other customers at this same location.
What can I do to warn others so that they don't have to go through all the headaches & mechanics bills that I had to endure because of their bad gas? I am considering protesting with signs in front of there Gas Station, but I am not sure how to go about it.
I am mad & outraged at this Big Gas Company taking advantage of the little guy!
Jeff Meacham
16301 Coyote Pass Lane
Clovis, Ca. 93619
[protected] Ce

Chevron Bad Gas

N  23rd of Apr, 2009 by
The very first thing to do is contact your state agency that monitors the quailty of gasoline. They will check the fuel for water, octane contaminates like diesel accidently getting into the gasoline. Send a letter to Chevron with a copy of your repair invoice. Oil companies take these matters very seriously. If the gasoilne was supplied by a local chevron marketer Chevron will contact them to investigate the matter. Or if Chevron direct Chevron will investigate. Do not be suprised if it was not bad gas 999 times out of 1, 000. It is not bad gas just bad timing on the purchase followed by the breakdown. Lets say the station sells 5, 000 gallons a day and you are the only car to get "bad gas" not very likely. The chance of one car getting water and no other cars having it happen are extremely remote.
N  23rd of Apr, 2009 by
Correct the diesel nozzle should not fit into your car. Have the state test the gasoline for diesel contamination.

Chevron Corporation Logo Chevron Corporation