Century 21 Showcase Highland, CA / They do absolutely NOTHING to sell your house

I made the mistake of letting a friend talk me into signing up with Century 21 Showcase of Highland CA. It is a 6 month contract and I made the mistake of believing they actually show the house physically to real people and even have an OPEN HOUSE. Boy was I completely WRONG! They put your house on the internet with all the others and forget about it. They expect the homeowner to drum up somebody to buy the house while they sit back on their arsses and expect the 6% commission. They won't let you out of the contract and they want you to lower the price so low you are giving it away. My agent talked me into putting in new tile and carpeting and painting, plus decluttering which I put into a storage unit, and then lowballed the price of my house compared to houses in sad condition going for much more. As for my pet cat...she had to have her food and water put out of site in the shed at the side of the house. Needless to say we had words when it was obvious they had no intention of showing the house nor listing the emenities of the house. I told them to raise the price instead of further reducing it as they had planned. It IS MY HOUSE after all! I will sit out the 6 months and go to the realtor I originally was going to use to begin with, a bit more smarter after this episode with Century 21 Showcase Highland California......The lazy do nothing realtor company.

More Century 21 Showcase Highland, CA Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ly
      7th of Feb, 2008

I also am stuck with Century 21... I wanted a 3 month contract the agent forged the contract into 6 now they wont let me out. The 3 months I have had them I have had only 3 showings and none from my agent. 1 Open house that some teenager ran, not even my agent. Now they want to charge me $2,300 for advertisement because I want to stick to my 3 month contract which the agent changed before handing in. I need help. I don't know what to do. I know someone has to stop this company from taking advantage of people who do not know anything about real-estate and put their trust in this company.

• Pe
      31st of May, 2008

I am also a century 21 victim. Our agent showed our house twice, She was late to both events. She left early.
    We did sell, no thanks to her.
    She has promised the buyers the world, on MY dollar. She offered for US to paint as they didnt like our paint choices, she offered them my puppy, and offered for ME to make sure that she was up on her shots, She told me that realtors in the area that we are moving to will burn us with unscrupulous dealings unless we go through her friend9who just so happens to be a realtor in that area). I looked and looked online and found no shady dealings going on in that area. She lies and manipulates. She also arranged, scheduled and chose the cleaning company that would do our carpets after the sale. She then TOLD me how much I would be spending on it. I have never ever been so disgusted.
    It's funny, I sold a home in Ca through Century 21 and was thrilled with the agent. I guess we just got a bad egg in this state.

• Al
      17th of Sep, 2008

My family had the exact same problem with Century 21 in Orlando, Florida. We had a 6 month contract to sell our condo. We busted ourselves to get it cleaned up, putting the excess in storage. These so-called "agents" did nothing but put the house on the electronic realtor.com site. They never showed it, never promoted it, they never even contacted us! They got nasty with us when we asked what they had done besides just that one listing! We wrote a complaint to Century 21 headquarters, but of course, they ignored us too! I guess that Lazy, do-nothing-but-blame-it-0n-the-customer attitude goes all the way to the top! We are now with a Professional agent who is very attentive. No one should ever use Century 21 - they are awful!

• Ge
      28th of Sep, 2008

This 21st centrary has great having to be continue.

============

george

[url="http://foreclosures.gov-auctions.org "]Foreclosed Homes [/url]

• Ro
      6th of Nov, 2008

It is so sad to hear how unhappy you are with Century 21. I am an agent for Century 21 Central Coast California. It sounds like you have an inexperienced agent. An experienced agent will educate you on the market and how your property is effected. My suggestion to you is to go into your local Century 21 Office and speak directly with the broker.

Demand a new agent but, first ask the broker to give you a price opinion on your property or better yet go to another real estate office and get a price opinion from them. Get the past three months of recent sales similar to your home within a 1 miles radius and also get the complete list of active listings within a 3 mile radius.

You see in this market home owners/sellers are up against bank owned property. They are pricing homes lower than the actual sales in order to get several offers. People are more than likely over looking your home due to price.

I wish I worked in your area, I would have bi-monthly open houses. I do put everything in writing right down to the 22 print ads per month which by the way is standard.

All in all if you want to cancel the contract you can do so at anytime. Just put it in writing that you wish to cancel the contract, date it, hand it to the agent or broker. Let them know you want the sign and lockbox removed from your property within two working days or you will dispose of it youself.

Direct comments are welcome schmoov_j@hotmail.com