Cellini, bed / moldy harmful substance covered the whole bed after 1 .5 yrs

1 Singapore, Singapore Review updated:

To add on to those who had bad product and after sales experience with Cellini in the past, let my photos below do the talking. Before that, some basic info:
1) Took delivery of the products (sofa, bed and lounge set) in Feb 2011 and problems never ceaseed since Feb 2011. I will only talk about the bed as its damages are the worst and most visible;
2) I was very suspicious that the delivery men were very easger to get me out of the bedroom when they were setting up the bed frame. I soon realsied some of the boards used to support the mttress were cracked and/or discoloured. I complained to Cellini and they were replaced in a few days' time but the replacement was not 'good' still but I figured since they are placed below the mattress, so didn’t pursue the matter further. A mistake I soon regret.
3) Let's jump the time to 8-9 months later -- molds that can not be cleaned begain to appear on my PVC bed from Cellini. I emailed Cellini and was told via phone (very smart of them for not commtting themself on email) that they would be happy to offer a replacement bed, but due to stock issue and the neeed to verify my purchase order (it’s also my fault that I took a few weeks to locate my Cellini invoice), they didn’t reply to my subsequent emails about the replacement bed and soon the warranty is no longer valid as well;
4) The moldy bed frame is deterioting in such an unhygenic stage that I emailed them again in late 2014/early 2015 and indicating I would like to share the photos of the life cycle of their product in 2.5 years time with this online community. They again responded and offered to let me have a replacement bed at minimum cost since the bed is no longer under warranty. To cut the long story short, the “token sum” or ‘minimum cost’ for a replacment bed is between $500 and $650; which I readily refused as I might as well buy a brand new one at Ikea, fortytwo.com or other reputatable stores for that price, without any obligation to keep my mouth shut. Most important of all, be ensured of a decent quality bed than Cellini.
5) Naturally, Cellini implied that I failed to take care of the bed to arrive at that appaling condition. The matter of the fact: 1) I had informed Cellini that the mold couldn’t be cleaned in late 2011 ; 2) the bed is placed indoor in an air-cond room; 3) even cheap $200 bed would not transform into a giant mold ball in 2-3 years under the Singapore weather.. Or is this a standard degrading process of a branded PVC bed from Cellini?
Let the photo journey begin.. and let buyer beware!

Cellini, bed

Zi
Apr 25, 2015

Comments

• Hg
      25th of Jul, 2018

Hi
    I must say I am truly horrified after reading your complaints!
    I wondered if anyone else has this best experience with Cellini bed?

Thanks

• Sh
      8th of Oct, 2018

Just 1 month my sofa edge become like this ... the sales lady refuse to let me claim warranty... she want to charge me but not sure how much it will cost ... I am so regret to buy this brand!

• Re
      8th of Oct, 2018

There is an existing mold issue in your home. You may not be able to see it, feel it, or smell it, but it is there. Get a mold detector to come to your home asap.