Celebrity White Teeth / annual membership cancelation

1 Randallstown, MD, United States Review updated:

I got charged for the product for $149.95 the day I received the product. I did not even get to try it yet. I did not authorize any $149.95 to be charged to my credit card. I tried to talk to customer service and they said there was nothing they could do. I told her she should be ashame to work for a company that rips people off so badly! I am calling my bank in the morning to dispute it. I found out tonight you can not dispute it while it is pending it has to post to your account. I will be overdrawn because I had not planned on this. Scam. Scam. Scam.

Comments

• Ph
      29th of Jan, 2010
    Celebrity White Teeth - False charges
    Celebrity white teeth
    20100 S. Vermont Ave.
    Phone: 18662020846
    celebritywhiteteeth.com

Offer of .99cents Trial. 99 cents was followed by $54.95 charge to account 3 days after receiving product without time to evaluate product. As per Terms listed I was supposed to have 30 days to cancel, or keep contract. Obviously the integrity of this company is non existent. They have opted to make an immediate charge in hopes that most people would not find out till after they receive their monthly statement. I watch my account daily. Just for this reason. This company practice is in violation of the Trade comissions laws and should be pulled from any and all current or future web sites or links. My full refund is requested and Fraud has been filed with my bank and the Banking commission of California as they are located in Torrance California.

• Ke
      1st of Feb, 2010
    Celebrity White Teeth - reimbursement
    celebswhiteteeth.com

Our daughter ordered the .99 cent trial and did not authorize payments to be made on the credit card for any further purchase order. The order has been cancelled (#360655). The .99 cent purchase was made under the name of Kevin N. Wright. email [protected]@binghamton.edu. Product was shipped to 37 Kenilworth Road Binghamton, NY with the card ending in 7926. We received the second order and we would like to return the product with full reimbursement.
    We appreciate your attention to this matter,

Kevin Wright

2nd of Feb, 2010
    Celebrity White Teeth - refund of 179.95
    Celebtity White Teeth
    20100 S. Vermont Ave.
    Phone: 866-202-0846
    celebswhiteteth.com

I am requesting a refund of money taken out of my account. I have tried to work with customer service and have had little results. I was told I had 10 days to cancel after I received the trial sample (which I never did). I don't want anything to do with this company. Please help me get my money back. The last 4 digits of the card charged are 8705, amount 179.95.8

Shirley Muller

• Sc
      3rd of Feb, 2010
    Celebrity White Teeth - hidden charges
    Celebrity White Teeth

The website tells you that you can buy two teeth whitening products at a very low price.

BUT there is a two weeks trial period and, if you do not cancel within two weeks, your credit card is being charged $54.95.

Instead of putting this information in the main page, the company very shrewdly has hidden it in the "Terms and Condition" section where you will hardly see it unless you go through the whole list.

I requested a refund on the very day they charged my credit card but they refuse to refund the $54.95

Does a get-rich-quickly by deceiving the customers company like this deserve a huge law suit?

You bet your last hard earned dollar they do!

• Re
      3rd of Feb, 2010
    Celebrity White Teeth - deceptive business practices
    celebrity white teeth

I clicked on a small add on the msn home page that advertised a "real" person in the state that I lived in found a great way to whiten teeth by combining two products. I also saw an add for the product on Ophrah's website so assumed it was legit. The ad went on to to instruct how you were able to try both products for free and instucted on how to even safe on the shipping. Well, I did as the instructions stated and received my first order for smileswhitepro, LLC. The package instructed that I needed to return the product within 14 days or my card that I paid for the shipping would be charged $54.95 + tax. I immediately returned the product. The second product came in the mail a few days later from Celebrity White teeth. There was nothing in the package that advised me I needed to return the product to avoid additional charges. A few days later I had a charge on the card I used to pay for the shipping of the free trial was charged $142 and change. I called and my order was cancelled by customer service ( I had already cancelled my debit card by this point) and was given an email address to discuss a possible refund. Well, the email address is bogus. I am going to report this to the US Attorney General's Office.

• Wo
      8th of Feb, 2010
    Celebrity White Teeth - Un-ethical
    Celebrity White teeth

I started a complaint to the better business bureau. I put in this info for the company.

20100 S. Vermont Avenue
    Torrance, CA 90502

Also, went to Oprah's webpage and e-mailed her in hopes of her doing something about this. As the people, together, we can take them down.

I have sent there product back knowingly I will not be refunded. With all the complaints, i hope we can make something happen. If People where happy with the marketing tactics this company has dreadfully taken to take advantage of the people, there wouldn't be as many as us. Can we create a petition. Maybe if we are more than a certain amount we could do something major and all get refunded and kill this company's practices.

Please help people. Any Ideas?????

9th of Feb, 2010

I TOTALLY AGREE DID YOU EVERY GET YOUR MONEY BACK? [protected]@cox.net IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS I NEED MY MONEY BACK. HELP!!

• Dg

Hello Woods of Wisdom,

I am in the middle of a similar situation. I registered for the Celebrity White Teeth product on January 22, 2017 and cancelled 10 days later (within the 14 day trial period) on February 1, 2017 when I noticed a charge of $149.95 on my credit card. I emailed the account they gave me ([protected]@productsupport123.com) and received a message saying that while my subscription was cancelled I was still billed the membership fee because I did not cancel within the trial period as stated in the Terms & Conditions I agreed to on the website. I have a copy of those terms & conditions and they uphold my claim, not theirs. As a minor side note, I also complained to them because the product was not mailed until 5 days after I placed the order, not 2 as it says in the Terms & Conditions.

I applaud any effort you are making to rectify the situation and am more than willing to assist in any way possible (Danielle Gillard [protected]@uncc.edu).

I am still in the process of collecting information about the company before I commence to taking definite action against them. I have emailed their refund department again requesting them to review, once again, giving me a refund and have already disputed the charges with my bank. My next actions will be determined by how they respond to receiving another email from me regarding the charges. I have been documenting the name and agent number of everyone I speak with as well as the date and times I call. If I need to go to court, I will. And I will be prepared.

Proof:

You can file complaints about the celebrity white teeth whitening scam online with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) at: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ and with the Attorney General of your state.

Proof:

We need to join together and get the authorities or Oprah to launch a lawsuit and close down these scams..

• Ro
    Celebrity White Teeth - Free Sample Unauthorized Charges
    Phone: 866 581-0066
    teethcelebhelp.com

I ordered a free sample product based on there e-mail advertisement and was charged $149.95 plus a foreign transaction fee of $4.49. I called there teethcelebhelp.com # 866 581-0066 and was given a cancellation number 841103 and a e-mail address of [protected]@productsupport123.com. to register my complaint and cancellation request. The e-mail address only came up with an bunch of scam notices about this product. I want the charges on my credit card to be refunded of credited A.S.A.P. Robert Gunderson [protected]@sbcglobal.net I don't know if I'll get any response from this complaint form or not but, if this does anything to help I'm glad.

• Di
      12th of Feb, 2010

They did the same thing to me. What a scam! They slapped my with over a hundred dollars in product fees I never received and foriegn transaction fees. They offered no refunds or help. What did you end up doing?

• Km
      12th of Feb, 2010

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact customer service.

• Re
      16th of Feb, 2010
    Celebrity White Teeth - False and Misleading Advertising
    California

Celebrity White Teeth is a website that purports to offer a "trial" of a teeth whitening product for $.99 cents. At the bottom of the page, in very small text, there is a link to a "terms and conditions" that is almost certain to be overlooked by most customers. There is no mention on the "trial offer" page that the system really works by offering a $.99 cent trail that automatically obligates the customer, unless the unsuspecting customer calls to cancel the offer within 12 days, with $149.95 "membership" plus a $12.95/month charge for teeth whitening product. The company does not charge the customer's credit card until after the 12-day trial period passes. When the unsuspecting customer receives their credit card bill, they find a $149.95 charge on their bill. When they attempt to cancel the contract, the customer service tells them that "since they have exceeded the 12-day 'trial period', they are obligated to pay the $149.95 fee EVEN IF THEY Cancel and return the sample. This device leaves the company with a huge profit and the customer with a worthless sample kit. Strongly suggest that anyone mislead in this way contact the Florida Attorney General's office and the Federal Trade Commission and file online complaints, and also contest the charge with their credit card company. Notice the company is sophisticated enough to have an employee answer the complaints on this website with a non-committal "please contact our customer service".

• Km
      16th of Feb, 2010

Hello,

I work for Celeb White Teeth. I'm sorry that you are unsatisfied with our product. Please feel free to contact our customer support center by email or our toll free number at [protected]@celebswhiteteeth.com/ 1-866-202-0846, Monday – Friday 9:00AM - 9:00 PM EST and Saturday 9:00AM – 5:00PM EST. We suggest email for a faster response. We will be happy to answer any questions or solve any issue that you may have.

17th of Feb, 2010
    Celebrity White Teeth - fraudulent charge
    SHIRLEY LANCASTER
    28931 186th Ave SE
    Kent 98042
    Washington

WHEN PLACING MY FIRST ORDER ON 1-28-10, I CHANGED MY MIND AND IMMEDIATLY CALLED BACK TO CANCEL IT. MY CANCELATION NUMBER IS 586683. THERE WAS A CHARGE MADE TO MY CREDIT CARD FOR $3.95 ANYWAY. I WAS TOLD IT WAS FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING. THERE WAS NO SHIPPING AND HANDLING DONE . THE ORDER WAS CANCELED BEFORE ANY ACTION WAS TAKEN. THIS IS FRAUDULENT BILLING AND I WANT MY CREDIT CARD CREDITED FOR THE $3.95. MY ORDER NUMBER WAS 261046 AND THE LAST FOUR OF MY CREDIT CARD IS 5713. THANK YOU .

• Mr
      21st of Feb, 2010

I wish I had read all the complaints about Celebrity White Teeth before submitting my $.99 trial order earlier this morning. After reading the comments, I immediately phoned their customer service number 1-866-202-0846 and cancelled the order. I spoke with their representative Ian, ID #253 who seemed helpful and gave me a cancellation # 1015047. Unfortunately, he informed me that I would still be responsible for the $.99 charge which he said was the internet activation fee. Let's see if my cancellation is effective.

• Bu
      22nd of Feb, 2010

I agree They did the same to me .Now it says the phone number is disconected. Scam Scam Scam

• Go
    Celebrity White Teeth - Scam in so many ways
    California

I looked at my bank statement Monday morning and $149.95 had been with drew from my account. I called the number and they said yes we can take care of closing the account. Never telling me that when I do, there is no chance of ever getting your money back or getting the product. They gave me an email address and told me exactly how to go about getting my refund, fully aware that I wasn't ever going to see these people returning my money. Did the email thing and so far, I have been refused 6 times by them. I just keep calling. Filed a report with BBB. We will see how that goes but these people need to be brought down. Keep emailing and calling.

• Lj
    Celebrity White Teeth - Unknown Charge
    Celebrity White Teeth

I just reviewed my account online and noticed a pending charge of $149.95 from Celebwhitecs.com. I reveiwed my paperwork where I did order the $0.99 free trial offer, and nowhere is there anything regarding a membership fee or cancellation information after 14 days. I placed my order on February 4, 2017 and received the product on February 11, 2017 (which I have not yet used), so I guess the 14 days began the day I placed my order.

I called the number that was on the charge (877-262-4128), and was told that all he could do was to cancel the membership to avoid any future charges, and that is was non-refundable. I didn't even know I had a membership with them. Then he stated that I had to send an email ([protected]@productsupport123.com) to request a refund. And I would receive a response in 3-4 business days.

This just go to prove, why I don't buy crap online. Please do something about this ! ! !

Laura
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Vi
      24th of Feb, 2010

I, too, was a victim of this. Instead, they said I was "Rewarded" a free gift from Celebrity White Teeth when I logged off of my school website. I thought it was being promoted through my university, so I trusted the site without doing researched on it. It never said anything about me signing up for a "Trial Period", until I got my product in the mail. I called the company and they said that my "Trial Period" has ended two days ago. So, they billed me for $194.95. THEY DESERVE A BIG LAWSUIT!!!

• Vi
    Celebrity White Teeth - FRAUD- SCAM
    Wisconsin

It all started when I logged off my university website. A pop up window said that I had just logged out of my university website and that I had won a "Free" gift. I had four options from picking a gift. Celebrity White Teeth was one of the option. I then clicked on the site, and said that I only had to pay $3.95 for shipping and handling fee. I was not aware of the "Trial Period" until I received the product. I then called the company and they said that my "Trial Period" had already ended 2/22/10. And now, just today (2/24/10), the company had billed me for $149.95. First, I spoke to Dave, employee ID: 185, he said that he canceled my membership and my confirmation number was 814218, but I was still being charged $149.95 for not cancelling within the 14 days period. I asked how I can be refund back, he gave me an e-mail address and stating that it's not a website and it's only an e-mail. The e-mail address he gave me was [protected]@productsupport123.com. I, then, asked to be transfer to a supervisor. He said, "Ma'am, even if I transfer you to my supervisor, my supervisor will tell you the same thing." The so call supervisor name Trish Love, employee ID: 001, told me the same thing.

I had to go to my bank to cancel my card and waiting for the inquiry to go through on my account before I can start my Check Card Cardholder Dispute Form. I hope this company will be shut down. It's a BIG SCAM.

25th of Feb, 2010

25th of Feb, 2010

• Ri
      26th of Feb, 2010

I fell for this trap Celeb White Teeth -

Have you teeth shine like the stars.

Try all you have to pay is for shipping.

They sent me a package tried it. SUCKED..

Then they sent me another.

I did not order it.

So I sent it back and called Celeb White Teeth 1-866-202-0846, they said that I had 15 days to cancel the order and I did not so you now have a membership and that's what the 149.00 is for. PISSED i told them I returned the product and never opened the package. So what is my membership for. They said if you returned it there is nothing we can do thats your fault so now I have nothing but a headache, Canceled Bank Account and a Pending Unauthorized charge.

New we site will be on how to get your money back cause if your reading this you got scamed to.

I just got scammed first.

http://www.celebwhiteteethscam.com NEW WEBSITE ON HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

• Jc
      26th of Feb, 2010

I am doing the same thing. I know they will never refund my money. I am trying to go through my bank for unauthorized charge. I am also filing a report with the BBB. Hopefully if enough of us do this it may affect their business...

• Ly
      27th of Feb, 2010

This is absolutely absurd, charging my credit card $154.45. This is a total scam. I will be waiting for a response, to rectify this and to remove these charges from my credit card. Please email with an immediate response to [protected]@gmail.com.

• 4l
      1st of Mar, 2010
    Celebrity White Teeth - celebrity white teeth
    Phone: 8772624128
    celebwhitecs.com

I was given a thirty day trial period for .99 cents. I called twice in the thirty day trial period to which I left two messages and did not receive a call back. The message I left was I did not want to be on an autoship program or be charged for the product. You could not just send the item back you had to call the number to recieve information on what to do to avoid charges. They did not have any information that I could find with the product on being on an auto ship program or the amount to be charged so I was quite shocked to have $149.95 taken out of my account. Please help!
    Lori Huha
    [protected]@aol.com
    559-297-7704

1st of Mar, 2010

2nd of Mar, 2010

I also am a victim of this scam! My husband called to cancel and it turns out they never canceled my membership so my bank account was charged with $149.95 on 2/25/10. We called again 2/26 and miracuously, that is the only record they have of us calling. So, now they are claiming we did not call w/in the 14 day period to cancel. What a joke!!! That's ok. We are calling the attorney general and will be getting our money back!!

• Ra
    Celebrity White Teeth - took money out without my permission
    Canton
    Ohio
    Phone: 330-705-1702

i signed up for a trial period for celebs teeth whitener i NEVER received my trial sample and then went in to look at my bank account and the company took out 149.95 out of my checking account WITHOUT my consent!!! I want my money put back in to my account ASAP. I called the company and NO ONE would help me all they said was to send an e-mail to you, iam a single mother with 2 children and i need that money back. iam going to my bank tomorrow friday march 5th to dispute the charges. and iam also going to call the better business bureau and soon as i send this e-mail. this company had no right to take my money out of my account without my consent and i need my money back i cancelled my account which i didnt know i had i only signed up for a trial period to use the product, a product i never received. please respond as soon as u can, it would be greatly appreciated. my e-mail is [protected]@neo.rr.com, or kim.[protected]@twcable.com my cancellation number is 936893 thank you kim brienza

Celebrity White Teeth - stole my money huge scam
    Hollywood
    Florida
    Phone: 877-262-4128

Have spoken to them 3 times I call every day asking them questions about their scam tactics. I was recently told that their terms and conditions are stated on website yes they are in tiny print at end of website you click on it and there it is they claim you are charged 14 days after you order online not from the day you receive it. I am going to call them every day until I die. I will continue to read them the blogs I am going to find out how I can get the police to shut them down.

• Mi
      4th of Mar, 2010

I went therw the same thing Laura did, I went for that free trial for 99 cents and now i'm bein charged a 154.00, and i do not no why because i have not recived anything else. I am ging to make a phone call to find out why im being charged for something i have not recevied, this is a bunch of bull.

Mike Nazer

• Pa
      5th of Mar, 2010

this same thing happened to me with the same amount being deducted

• Da
    Celebrity White Teeth - Refund of $149.95
    ?
    Massachusetts
    Phone: ?
    celebswhiteteeth.com

My name is David S. Dillon, 21 Birch Street, Everett, MA 02149, email [protected]@hotmail.com. I am demanding a refund of the $149.95 charge to my wife's account ending in 4817 for the following reasons: 1) on the website listed above, there is no information regarding membership or additional charges on this website, except for down at the very bottom, in extremely small print, next to the copyright info, which you actually have to open up. This is deceiving to the consumer, and is not a fair practice on the part of Celebrity White Teeth. 2) If there are conditions to this offer, they should be directly on the website and not hidden from the consumer in the copyright information. 3) I am collecting unemployment having been laid off during the recent layoffs this country is experiencing, and would never agree to such terms, had they been laid out in a proper manner. For these three reasons alone, I feel deceived, betrayed and taken advantage of. After calling the number for customer support, all they can do is give me this Complaint Website and hope for the best. This is an unfair practice, and if I am not refunded this money, I will make a complaint to the FBI's Internet Fraud Division. I was also told that the terms are clearly listed on the website which is untrue. Hiding the terms within the copyright info, which actually has to be opened up, is done on purpose so that the consumer is not made aware that they exist. Please return my money as it has caused a hardship on us when we are already in hard times. Sincerely, David S. Dillon

• Pl
      6th of Mar, 2010

I too have fallen victim to this outrageous scam. I called them and first I got someone who didn't speak English which irratates me to no end. I have cancelled my membership which I didn't authorize or even know I was enrolling in. I am so tired of these companies which try to rip you off by putting the important items in their terms and conditions in tiny print (which I never did see) with so much verbage it is like reading a bill being passed by congress. I don't know if this is going to help but I am sending notice to States Attorney General and the Federal Attorney General (can't hurt) and also calling my credit card company to see if they can help me with anything. I am also doing what they have requested ( the celebrity white teeth company) sending them an email to ****[protected]@productsupport123.com, ****** for a refund.
    not so white teeth

• Na
      6th of Mar, 2010

THANK GOD I'm not the only one! I've been trying to tell them to refund as I've called on cancel on trial period!! I called few times and they all confirmed that I wouldn't be charged and the trial period is 14 days! Just now they said it's 10 days and there was nothing in the terms and condition that say 10 days! I'd really like to know what else can we do to stop the company from even running. They have been rude to my calls, too!

Celebrity White Teeth - unautherized charge
    celebrity white teeyh
    Las Cruces
    New Mexico

I wanted to try the 99 cent sample of this product.I did and then called to cancell the product within the 14 day trial period.I recieved a cencelation code #930468.Next thing I know they have taken $149.95 out of my bank account! They were NOT autherized to do this.I called them and was told to send an e-mail explaining the problem.I cannot find where to send an e-mail.This is a total rip off! I really need some help.Can someone help me find a form or e-mail address for these jerks.

• Ly
      7th of Mar, 2010
    Celebrity White Teeth - ripped me off
    Pennsylvania

Ordered a sample of product for .99 cents. discovered they told out $149.95 from my account without my permission and when I called it was someone from India on the other end of the line giving me a hard time stating that I was being charged for the membership fee that I agreed to at the time and the $149.95 was unrefundable. I was livid that these people could still are on the web page they need to be stopped. I will be contacting my bank and I will try to dispute this charge, but I do not believe there is anyway to track them down, I believe they are working from there homes and misleading the consumer, and from the other stories I have just read, there is a laundry list of complaints but it does not seem that anyone is doing anything to stop these creeps. We need to take this to a higher level and get these creeps off the internet and not have anyone else be a victim of this crime. They are like blood suckers draining people out of there hard earned money and from I have read they have been getting away with this for quite sometime. I am going to persue them and hunt them down and I will not have any rest until I get them off the internet.