[Resolved] Cat Solarium / cat solarium

Refused refund after not shipping product for almost 2 months. Spoke with owner. Horrible people. Tried to make me feel guilty for wanting my $300 back which they obviously didn't have any longer. Used excuses such as taking a vacation, sick family members, company visiting, and other personal excuses but still refused refund. When I applied for a chargeback through my credit card they fought it and suddenly shipped product 3 months later. Then refused to let me send it back for a refund. The product was very crude looking. Not at all like The photos on their website. My money was wasted and I had to deal with rude human beings! I highly advise that you find another product if you are considering this purchase. I could only find one positive review on Etsy although the owner said they had thousands of satisfied customers. They post "another satisfied customer" on their Facebook page but these customers never comment. The TWO customers who did comment looked like fake profiles to me.

• Resolution statement

• Cat Solarium Customer Care's Response, Jun 01, 2018

Sandra, your are being truthful. You are the only customer to try to do a charge back and you are the only customer who said you could not find reviews but one on Etsy. I remember our phone calls and emails. All I am asking is for you to remove these reviews. No one else has ever complained about our service, our product or asked for a refund. We go out of our way to make sure our customers and their cats are happy and they continue to be our friends way after they purchase. I made everything right by you and yet you still attack us? How would you feel if I started writing negative reviews about you and your work performance? This is not fair to James and I, our to our potential customers. I know the truth...

Ki
May 6, 2018

More Cat Solarium Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• So
      22nd of May, 2018

My order was very very late, too. Took almost 2 months. I have used the cage but was a little disappointed in the quality for what I paid. The edges of the product looked unsmooth and rather raggedy and homemade in my opinion.

• Me
      25th of May, 2018

@Soithernlady07 Sorry, your order arrived late. We have never shipped out a Solarium more than 5 weeks and that was only last summer when I was transitioning out of my business and going full-time at the Cat Solarium. The Solariums are Hand-Made and made out of the highest quality materials. We use 3/4" cabinet grade plywood. When you cut plywood, the edges are rough. We paint them with 3 coats of paint leaving them with a nice finish. Those edges are hidden when the Solarium is assembled. You are welcome to call us and discuss any issues you have with your Solarium. We take all suggestions seriously and have made changes to the way we do business or the design based off of customers suggestions. Melissa

• Me
      25th of May, 2018

The email below was received from the buyer of the Cat Solarium. We have tried to do everything we could to make this customer happy. She purchased a Solarium a year ago tomorrow, May 26. We had sold my business and began closing it June 1, 2017. It took use 2 weeks to get the contents out. I explained to this customer that her Solarium would be late. It shipped on June 30. I shipped it without the pillow because our seamstress could not make any after having double cataract surgery. We found a new seamstress because of this situation. This customer received the pillow as soon as I could get some made. Her emails were viscous and threatening the entire time but James and I remained calm and nonreactive. It amazes us that after she sent an apology and multiple pictures of her cat enjoying their Solarium that she would attack our company again. Something is not right. Pictures attached.

Dear Melissa and James,

I want to apologize for my "unhappy" tone in my emails to you. I will not make excuses for it. I will share that i struggled with my health this year and underwent a couple of different procedures and a recent surgery. It created an consistent anxiety state of mind. But again, I own my behavior.
    I've wanted to send an apology email since the beginning of November but was too embarrassed. I've moved myself passed the embarrassment so that I may send this.

I did not like who I was in those interactions. It is not who I am at heart, nor in my core.

Please accept my sincerest apologies, and know that I did not give you a bad review on my instagram account.

Sandra

Describing one of the pictures: She loves to bathe herself while sunbathing in the solarium.

Hope you have fabulous New Year Melissa!

30th of May, 2018

Melissa,

I have repeatedly told you, I did NOT write the above criticism. This is my first time finding this page since your harrasing emails last week accusing me of this and DEMANDING that I take it down.
    You think that it’s impossible that you upset someone else?

I thought it was behind us but perhaps I should post the email of your demand?

To all others who read those:
    My babygurl passed away shoertly after this apology was emailed to her. I did it for good karma and with genuine feeling. This woman’s email last week was upsetting to say the very least.

The fact that you can post something so personal like that is disgraceful. You should feel shame.

Sandra

1st of Jun, 2018

Never tried a chargeback, It wasn’t my credit card. It was a gift.
    You never gave the excuses to me of company visiting, vacation, etc.. Your husband said it was too hot and raining.
    I didn’t consider the work “crude” (I don’t use that word. AT ALL. I would’ve used amateurish)
    I never saw the “fake” profiles that gave you good reviews.

Your truth is very off. But I’m done. I believe you’ve cost yourself more customers than the above customer will.

Here is what Melissa, owner of solarium, emailed me AFTER I had already replied to her accusation of giving her the above negative review, stating I had nothing to do with it:

Remove the posts. They are word for word of what you wrote me last summer. My company does not deserve this and I certainly do not deserve this kind of aggravation. BTW, your order was placed last year May 26. It was shipped June 30th. Not 3 months...

So I guess Kittylove lucked out otherwise she/he too would’ve been contacted demanding that their review get taking down.

• Ca
      30th of Nov, 2018

@Sandi Palm Wow. The owner actually went after a customer because she/he "thought " you were the one who wrote it? First of all, they must not do much business at all and not have many customers to think they can pinpoint the writer of a bad review. That's ridiculous. Secondly, looking at the prices of these cat solarium, I can see why they don't sell many. $300 for a plywood and wooden dowel cage with a plexiglass pet door attached is way overpriced especially with the fact that it comes unassembled!! I could hire a carpenter friend to build one for less than $100 labor and materials and not have to put it together myself. Lol.

• Po
      19th of Nov, 2018

This was insane to read

• Po
      19th of Nov, 2018

Honestly I was going to buy from u guys but not after this. Melissa, you're a straight up bully.

• Bu
      4th of Dec, 2018

It doesn't look like the photos after you get it together. If you ever get it together.