Castlerock Security — join me in cancelling your contract now!
I've seen the complaints, and am mad at myself for not googling CastleRock earlier! I won't go on about my complaint - the same thing everyone has been experiencing. What I will do though, is share what I'm doing to cancel, and what luck or info I may find regarding getting out of the contract, or bothering CastleRock enough to get them to drop me as a customer. Unfortunately, right now, I'm stuck like all of you - but here's what I'm doing to ensure I'm out at the end of this crazy year extension!
1. My written cancellation request.
I looked into this a little, and I can cancel 12 months ahead of time. The 30 day time limit is a "minimum" time limit, nothing says I can't do it now, and the representative reluctantly agreed that I could do it now.
In your letter, be sure to include the following:
-Sentence stating you wish to to cancel by the end date of your contract
-Print your name
-Include your signature
-Date your request
-email your request (a scanned image I'm assuming) [protected]@castlerocksecurity.com
-or fax your request to [protected]
On a personal note, I plan to email (with delivery receipt and read receipt) and I plan to fax (and retain confirmation), and I plan to obtain a physical address to cend certified mail with return signature receipt.
I urge everyone to start the process now, not wait until 30 days prior, and at least through the appearance of a massive loss of future revenue, this company may finally get the point!
By the way CastleRock - if you're reading, my name is Greg Krause - guess what finger I'm holding up!
All - I'll continue to post any success I find.
More Castlerock Security Complaints & Reviews
- Castle Rock Security - refusal to cancel 
- Castle Rock Security - poor contract renewal terms 
- Security Associates International, Inc. (SAI) / CastleRock Security, Inc - unable to cancel contract after term 
- Castle Rock Security - unfair contract renewal process 
- Castle Rock Security - refused to cancel my account 
- Castlerock Security - automatic renewal 
- Castlerock Security - charging for service they are not providing 
- Castlerock Security SAI Security - horrible customer service 
- Castlerock Security - lawsuit over 4 deaths
- Castle Rock Security Systems - cancellation procedures