Castaway Pools and Spas / Never finished Pool

1921 Landis AveVineland, NJ, United States Review updated:

NEVER FINISHED MY POOL------ BUT TOOK THE MONEY AND RAN!!!

BEWARE HE OPERATES UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES!!!

John from Castaway Pools and Spas signed a contract to replace our pool and return the property in the same condition it was in prior to replacement on September 22, 2006. He said it would take TEN DAYS. During removal of the old pool they damaged my trees, broke my gas & sewer lines, ripped up my sprinkler lines, destroyed my yard and broke my driveway in 3 places. I will have to say they did install the new pool- That was it!!! They never returned to finish the work!!! Repeated promises of completing the contracted work and repairing the damages to my property were nothing but pure LIES...

In the Spring 2007 We finally paid to have the pool finished, plumbing repaired, and yard repaired in at the cost of over $10, 000. This was addtional money over what we had paid him to do the same work-

He lies with a smile on his face and makes you think he is a "nice guy" to get your trust, then he takes your money and RUNS to the next waiting victim.

My pool replacement was covered by my insurance and maybe they will let their lawyers put this 2 faced crooked tooth freak behind bars. He just ignores letters I've sent and consumer affairs says he is not even registered in NJ and they are working on it!!! If the rest of these Victims on https://www.complaintsboard.com are correct then he has a criminal record of doing the same thing under different company names for YEARS...

What needs to happen is we should all get together, take him outback and teach him some respect for other people.

MY email is : madvena@comcast.net if anybody has ideas on how to deal with this ###.

Comments

An
  31st of Mar, 2008
Contact Greg from the other, gigantic castaway thread.

You are certainly not the only one he has screwed. I think we have enough people to rent our own section at Citizen's Bank Park for the reunion.