Cashconverters personal finance centre / UNFAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICE/FAULTY DEFAULT NOTICE
I took out a personal loan top up on 17/12/14 and subsequently cancelled the method of payment, which was either by card transaction or direct debit order. I have not yet received a copy of my executed agreement for this top up loan. But I was well within my rights from previous agreements which I had with the company, to cancel the payment method as long as I told them and as long as I paid them on the due date by either cash or cleared cheque. I did inform the company and I went to the closest branch where I live and paid the instalment in cash on 31/12/14 which was the due date.
But before I even got a chance to actually make the payments, I had already received numerous missed phone calls on my mobile between 09:30 and 13:30 and also received numerous text messages throughout the day. The phone calls came from a withheld phone number. I made a complaint on 02 January 2015 about this but to date have had no reply to it. Instead I have now received an improper Default Notice which does not comply with the requirements of section 88 of the CCA 1974. I have written back to them today and am awaiting their reply. I have taken out top up loans from this company for more than a year and have never had this problem before.
More Cashconverters personal finance centre Complaints & Reviews
- Cash Converters United - Beware when you buy of this store! 
- Cash Converters - Simply terrible 
- CASH CONVERTERS IN SG - PRICES EXPENSIVE
- Cash Converters - bad service
- Cash Converters - Bad Attitude - Vernene Brits(Fraud Loan)
- Cash Converters - poor treatment from management and health and safety risk caused to my child
- Cash Converters personal finance centre - Abuse of debit card transaction
- Cash Converters - Faulty DS - awful service
- Cash Converters International - customer service/procedure
- Cash Converters - the humiliation I faced