Cash4Gold / fraud & scam

Cash4gold is a big fraud, they are issuing fake checks and they sent me one, here's my story: I sent some gold jewelry to cash4gold on the first week of april 2008, which I estimated to be worth more than $100. More than a week after, they sent me a check in the amount $7.93 which was pretty disappointing but I somehow managed to just accept and decided to deposit it to my bank.

After about 1 month, the check did not clear and my bank returned the check to me in the mail informing me that "this is not a check" as the routing number written on the bottom of the check is unverifiable and not in the correct format. They advised me to call the issuing bank and verify if the check is valid and if cash4gold (I told them the account# in the check) has an account with them. For the puny amount amount of $7.93, I was still hoping that this would be a valid check but the person I was talking to confirmed that cash4gold's account number written on the check is "non-existent", and the routing number in tech check is not their routing number. So that person confirmed that the check is indeed fake.

I still have the check with me as proof. I'm also reporting this to the ftc, fbi, bbb, & usps (For using the mail system to operate fraud). If you have been victimized by this company and you still have the check that they issued to you then please keep it as proof and please report them to the ftc, fbi, bbb & usps (For using the mail system to operate fraud).

This company should be taken down and be prosecuted for fraud!

Et

Comments

• Ru
      17th of Jul, 2008

I went to a local pawn shop to get an estimate price they'd give me for my gold jewelry, which was just a necklace and ring at the time. $60 was what I'd get. Not a lot but get this... I decided to try cash4gold. Sent off the necklace and ring, along with some earrings and another ring (all real) and I got a sorry $17 check! They know what they're doing. They take forever to process your stuff and send you a suckish check knowing that you're not going to want to go through the trouble of returning the check, waiting on it to process again, and getting your same items back. Complete rip off... you're better going to a cheap pawn shop.

• Te
      21st of Aug, 2008

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY JEWELRY OR ANYTHING TO THESE PEOPLE!!! THEY ARE TOTALLY FRAUD. I SENT THEM A PLATIUM DIAMOND RING, PURE GOLD WATCH AND LOCKET, GOLD BRACELET WITH LOTS OF CHARMS, OTHER GOLD BROKEN NECKLACES, LOTS OF SILVER PIECES INCLUDING WEDDING BAND. I WAS EXPECTING AT LEAST A COUPLE OF HUNDRED DOLLARS AND TODAY WHAT TO I GET----A MEASLY LITTLE CHECK FOR $65.00!!! THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!!! I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW AND FEEL BETRAYED. SO IF YOURE THINKING ABOUT SENDING THEM ANYTHING, D O N ' T!!!

• La
      8th of Sep, 2008

7 days after mailing my wedding band with 3 diamonds, i received a grand total of $4.76 back from cas4gold!!! they're a total wripoff! i would like to see them stopped!!

• Di
      11th of Sep, 2008

I SENT MY HUSBANDS WEDDING BAND, ON JULY 7, AND RECIEVED NOTHING, CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE NO ONE ANSWERS. LEFT A MESSAGE NO ONE EVER CALLED ME BACK.
    CASH FOR GOLD IS A SCAM.

• Gw
      10th of Oct, 2008

i sent some gold! on sept 29, 2008 i still haven't gotten anything. it is a good thing that i found this i am not sending anymore to them. i hope they are stoped. there commericals make it like you get a lot, i guess that is a ripe off too. i guess they are paid employees or family to make them look good.

• Me
      27th of Oct, 2008

Well, I just got a check from Cash4Gold today and it's a good thing that I didn't cash it. Thank you for letting other people know about this company that they are a bunch of scammers and con artists. I will report them. They gave me a check for $3.32 they are not going to get away with this trust me.

I emailed them telling them that they miss leading and I'm not happy at all. I was totally ripped off and I gave them 10k gold and that's not fake. Who do these people think they are to ripp over people like.

• Mi
      26th of Nov, 2008

I found a industrial refiner at progressive-environmental.com that pays up to 95% return. They have a mail in program but unlike cash4gold; they pay a fair price. Moneys are paid within 2 days from receipt!

call them at 800-323-9785 ext 12 for the precious metal division. If I only would have known them before. Thank Gd for some honest people out there.

• Rm
      21st of Dec, 2008

I always search google for the company or product name and words like rants, complaints, fraud, scam. If you get a lot of hits first clue... Even if positive, they were most likely posted by the scammer to make you feel safe. Some may even create alternate websites that praise their product or services... Not sure but looks like cash4gold has created a few endorsement web sites...

I have seen many people claiming to be ripped off... I am just wondering why does no one file a complaint with the Postmaster General? If people are getting ripped off is this not Mail Fraud? I would figure it would be fairly easy for the Postmaster to validate this, would it not?

One big concern with cash4gold is how does it get away with some of the pawn shop laws. A 12 year old kid can not bring things to a pawn shop (stops them from stealing from mom, grandma, or other) Also, do they have to report anyone offering stolen property? Seriously if they operate their own refinery, etc, the stuff could be liquidated (literally) leaving no proof or evidence that can be used.

Oh and by the way, you realize that in most cases gold, silver, or platinum content in your goods may fall far short of the value of the property... For instance a working gold pocket watch will most likely get you $100 at a pawn shop, the actual gold in it may be worth $16, plus if it is an antique you could get more still at an antique dealer.

All and all, even if they are totally legit, they are a very dangerous organization as far as possibly promoting theft, or getting goofy people to send in valuable goods for their minimal gold content, etc.

Don't know why EBAY does not open such a service, you mail in to them your stuff, they appraise and setup the auction for you and take $20 plus 10% of the auction price?

• Ti
      6th of Mar, 2009

I sent 4 packs to CASH 4 GOLD with several pieces of jewelry to test out their service. I read all of the Terms and Conditions and even insured my packs as requested by them. I contacted their customer service department and asked several questions before sending my packs. Their service was very proffessional and proficiant.

For those of you complaining about their service, maybe you should learn to Read and follow directions. After receiving all of my checks I called their customer service department again. It was explained to me that what they are interested in is th pure precious metal contained in the items, not their artistic value, that stores sell you when you purchase them.

I also requested that my items be returned, they advised me to send back my payment and they would return my items. Again this was listed on their Terms and Conditions. The representative verified my address and my items were received and signed for within 7 days.

We all know things are tough out there, but as a consumer we all have the responsibilty to read and understand these conditions. If you think any company is going to give you money to pay off all your bills. Then you are sorely mistaken.

Just because you did not receive the outcome you were looking for, is no reason to bad mouth anyone, remember you are the consumer. So before you blame someone for your mistakes, Read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS and follow through.

8th of Nov, 2009

will all these complaints cant be wrong.I'll have to spill the beans on myself casue i fill for the crap...I sent my package a week ago.it only took them 3 day to get the packet to me so it should have only taken 3 days to get it back..i sent this on a monday.so now this is sunday.called them saterday OH it take 7 to ten day to get it i was told..now i'm on here kicking myself in the head...

to the guy that said he got his money back "REALLY"!!!.Now tell me why would ALL THESE FOLK WANT TO GET ON HERE AND LIE..you are 1 out of 70...think the majority has the vote on this one...stupid me stupid me

• Wh
      24th of May, 2011

total f'in ripoff artists .. they definitely are a scam and why the govt hasnt shut them down is beyond me.
    i sent them a gold chain worth over a hundred dollars .. they send me a check for 5 bucks.. f' that, i send it back right away and follow it up with calls and emails, , they dont reply until its after 8 days with the same damn check and an explanation that my gold chain was worthless and its been more than 8 days and it has been smelted ... they are thieves, , , they give you a tenth of what your stuff is really worth and then give you 8 days from the date on the check not the day they mail it and of course deny they got it on time ... liars and thieves