Cash For Laptops / Ripped Off

Del Rio, TX, United States

I owned an Asus X551 Laptop that crashed hard. It turned on and would attempt to reboot but I was unable to restore it to any kind of working condition. The Cash for Laptops website appraised my laptop at $130 which I fully expected to turn out to be closer to $100 once they got an actual look at it. They gave me $17. I didn't contest or question the amount because I didn't know about it until long after it was deposited into my PayPal account. The email notifying me of the payment was sent under a pseudonym so I never noticed it.
When I did call in to ask about the status of my laptop I was told I was paid the $17. When I asked about why the amount was so small I was told it would not power on. This was, of course, a lie and I asked to have my laptop returned to me so I could recycle it through a reputable dealer. Apparently I missed the 5-day deadline though and my laptop got recycled by a third party.
The laptop was in nearly-new shape and I had only had it for a little over a year. It was worth much more than the petty sum they threw down at me. This company is not trustworthy. They will lie to you on their website to trick you into sending them your goods then lie to you about why they ripped you off in appraising them. They make money off of abusing the trust of their customers. Do not use them.

Sp