Care.com / termination

United States Review updated:

I signed up for Care.com's Premium membership today and paid $35 so I could access the profiles of people offering pet sitting services. I sent a message to one person, then decided to place a job ad, stating that I'm looking for pet sitters to help develop my business. Tonight care.com emailed me saying my account has been terminated. No reason given. This is completely outrageous. I've listed my own services on this site before and found it to be a waste of time. Their "customer service" is nonexistent, they rip people off routinely, and they arbitrarily and egregiously cancel memberships like some sort of Stalinist secret police. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THESE SCAMMERS!

Mo

Comments

• Kr
      9th of Apr, 2012

Hi Mojo12,
    We were unable to locate an account that has been closed that is related to the information associated with your username. If you are having trouble logging into your account or received an email about your account, please feel free to contact us at [protected]@care.com.

Kristen
    Care.com MemberCare Representative

• Li
      2nd of Aug, 2012

TO: Those who are really pissed off at Care.com for fraudulent charge and misleading advertisement and unstoppable recurring charges even after you cancel the service, PLEASE file a complaint with FBI's Internet Crime Report Center.
    If all of us who were scammed by these people file, something GOOD will come out of it.

File a Complaint

The IC3 is co-sponsored by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). Complaints filed via this website are processed and may be referred to federal, state, local or international law enforcement or regulatory agencies for possible investigation. I understand any investigation opened on any complaint I file on this website is initiated at the discretion of the law enforcement and/or regulatory agency receiving the complaint information.

• St
      15th of Mar, 2013

I completely agree. Don't waste your time and energy or your money (thank goodness I didn't or someone would be feeling my wrath right about now) on Care.com. When they terminate you - and they will - they refuse to give you an answer as to why.
    I'm sure there are other, much better sites out there to find these gigs.

22nd of Jan, 2014

I was amazingly surprised at how many people have been terminated from Care.com without explaination. I hired an attorney who can not get any information, based on what we all signed saying we can be terminated for any reason at any time without explaination.

Someone, an attorney friend of mine who knows how contracts like this work. She has suggested going on the news or reporting it to the news.

Anyone here willing to do that in there area? I am in the Boston area, and am looking for people to join in. It would also be wonderful if we all did it on our own local news.

What do ya think?