Care Credit / fees

when trying to make a payment by phone for $15 with a person, prior to due date, i am informed the payment wont be posted untill after due date and a late fee of $39 will apply as well as a fee of $15 for assisstance.
when trying to pay with the computer by phone, a $10 fee will apply for using service and a $39 late fee will apply because it will not post until after due date.
after having this account for years, today i see a finance charge of $137.33, supposedly for deferred interest on a promotional purchase, of which i was never informed of at the time of purchase.
when trying to utilize their website i also get the runaround.
i have been paying more than the minimum due to try and pay off this acct and have it close in good standing for my credit report but this is getting ridiculous.

Ji

Comments

• Qu
      19th of Apr, 2011

I went to pay my bill and was thinking of just paying it off. When I got the statement I noticed I was being charged an account security fee which was the amount of the interest I also pay. I never was told about these fees. What do I need to do to get all these eronious charges revered.

• Cs
      14th of Jan, 2012

My payment was due on the 13th of each month. I attempted to make a payment on 1-13-2012 on line. It would not allow the payment to reflect on this date.. I had to choose the payment to be on the 14th of Jan. At first I couldn't understand why I was not able to select the 13th as a posting day. Then after looking at my statement, the statement states that payments must be in by 5pm Eastern time. I'm in Central time. So therefore they took my payment as a late payment fee. This is wrong, and this is why hardworking individuals get into the situations they do. This is a way for the company to basically state; "Well you were late with your payment." I feel a payment should reflect the day and time the payment has been made regardless of time zone the issuing credit company is in. If anyone knows of a class action suit against this company please post.